FPS titles for PS2? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-20-2003, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

FPS titles for PS2?

Alright, this thread is making my head spin. I'm not at all sure what to do about the pc issue. I could leave well enough alone, sell my copy of Call To Duty here on the board, and spend my money on a few good FPS titles for the PS2 I have (well, it's my surrogate stepson's PS2, but anyway...).

I came up with the keyboard and mouse and was actually pretty good in games like HL, Q3 and UT, yet I've never been as comfortable with your typical console controls. That said, if I find a shooter that's as immersive and fun as the pc version of the first HL for instance, well, I guess I might give up on the idea of modding or replacing my computer.

Are there any really good FPS titles out there for PS2?

Input welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 7:07 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: FPS titles for PS2?

The only "shooter" game I ever played on a PS2 was MOHAA. I found it hard to aim/move with the PS2 controler, and can't really recomend it.. It was great fun on PC though
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2003, 8:17 PM

Can a gamepad really make up for the mouse/keyboard combo? I've played a few on the PS2 and to be honest didn't really care too much for any of them. MOHAA was fun however not as much fun than the PC version. To be honest the only console FPS that I thought was better than the PC version was Halo on the xbox and that was simply because of the co-op and playing wth your friends.

I say don't give up on your PC just yet. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here on the board so if you give them some basic information (price range, what need to be upgraded, etc) they can hook you up. Hell, I'm buying a new video card myself (GForce fx 5900) so I'll give you my old radeon 8500. Told my landlord he could have it but he's been pissin' me off lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 1:27 AM

Reputation Power: 22

i dont know if you've noticed but the ps2 does have usb ports. which means keyboard and mouse.

half life was good. timesplitters 1&2. try them all
post #5 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 2:27 AM

First person shooters were made for the PC, not a console. The console will never be as good as a 'puter for them. OTOH, sportsgames are always better on a console, IMHO.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 9:12 AM Thread Starter

I'm playing SOCOM2 right now. I dunno. It's good, but still doesn't seem as easy to play as the old keyboard and mouse configuration. I'm making progress though, and this is far cheaper than buying a new computer (or even upgrading the one I've got). I think I've just got to get used to being able to simultaneously move my character and his crosshairs in two different planes.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-22-2003, 9:17 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
I'm playing SOCOM2 right now. I dunno. It's good, but still doesn't seem as easy to play as the old keyboard and mouse configuration. I'm making progress though, and this is far cheaper than buying a new computer (or even upgrading the one I've got). I think I've just got to get used to being able to simultaneously move my character and his crosshairs in two different planes.
Socom II is an AWESOME game! Once you get used to all the controls you can do some pretty amazing stuff. Headshots are best

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page