I found some new music - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 1:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-14-2003
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
I found some new music

Its been years since a new disk has been on constant replay this way, so I thought I'd share. Check out Miguel Migs the "Colorful You" album. Its kinda a jazzy techno. Its very seductive, the kind of thing I would put on at a party or when the woman comes over. Anybody else out there got anything thats touched them like this lately?
B
pushbike4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 2:12 PM
 
Join Date: 07-28-2001
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: I found some new music

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushbike4
Its been years since a new disk has been on constant replay this way, so I thought I'd share. Check out Miguel Migs the "Colorful You" album. Its kinda a jazzy techno. Its very seductive, the kind of thing I would put on at a party or when the woman comes over. Anybody else out there got anything thats touched them like this lately?
B
Nothing recent except for maybe Robert Randolph and the Family Band. But I am obsessing over this new Schecter semi-hollow:


Last edited by sweetonion; 12-23-2003 at 2:15 PM.
sweetonion is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 2:26 PM
 
Join Date: 01-26-2002
Posts: 6,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
   
Re: I found some new music

I just picked up a John Coltrane CD, Blue Music, good shiaat
deez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 3:40 PM
 
Join Date: 05-09-2003
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                   
Re: I found some new music

Sweetonion -

I have a sunburst Shechter strat from about 1990 with a birdseye maple neck that is one of my favorites (it's a Knopfler model) , but I can't figure that company out. They go off in strange directions - they're heavy metal for a while, they're ultra budget for a while, they're top end for a while.. That guitar you pictured looks sweet, and maybe they're shooting for the top end again.


Whichever of you guys recommended Nickel Creek in a previous guitar thread, Thanks !! I took the family to see Chris Thile and Mike Marshall play at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Holds maybe 200. It was all classical, jazz, really difficult bluegrass and folk ( the encore was an arrangement of a Romanian fiddle tune in 25/16.) All using mandolin, mando cello, and other 8 string variations. They were so damned good it just stunned me.

Other than that, we're enjoying the new Let It Be (without the BS arrangements) and the George Harrison memorial Concert album.
CBRVFR is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 4:01 PM
Supporting Member
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2001
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
             
Re: I found some new music

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushbike4
Its been years since a new disk has been on constant replay this way, so I thought I'd share. Check out Miguel Migs the "Colorful You" album. Its kinda a jazzy techno. Its very seductive, the kind of thing I would put on at a party or when the woman comes over. Anybody else out there got anything thats touched them like this lately?
B
I'll have to check that out sometime. Haven't been in the mood for that type of music lately, but sounds like it would have its time and place.

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
tigerblade is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 4:50 PM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: I found some new music

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRVFR
Sweetonion -

I have a sunburst Shechter strat from about 1990 with a birdseye maple neck that is one of my favorites (it's a Knopfler model) , but I can't figure that company out. They go off in strange directions - they're heavy metal for a while, they're ultra budget for a while, they're top end for a while.. That guitar you pictured looks sweet, and maybe they're shooting for the top end again.


Whichever of you guys recommended Nickel Creek in a previous guitar thread, Thanks !! I took the family to see Chris Thile and Mike Marshall play at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Holds maybe 200. It was all classical, jazz, really difficult bluegrass and folk ( the encore was an arrangement of a Romanian fiddle tune in 25/16.) All using mandolin, mando cello, and other 8 string variations. They were so damned good it just stunned me.

Other than that, we're enjoying the new Let It Be (without the BS arrangements) and the George Harrison memorial Concert album.
25/16? why bother when it's easier to count 12 and a half by eight . . .
abtech is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 5:37 PM
 
Join Date: 05-03-2002
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Age: 63
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
 
Re: I found some new music

As I recall, Abtech has worked on the other side of the glass
as a recording engineer, but it's apparent that his musical
education is somewhat deficient.






Only a musician would be likely to understand his joke.
Thanks, Ab.

Silver/black CBR954RR
Unsanctioned, unofficial, unloved Honda test rider
RaggedEdge is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 12-23-2003, 6:48 PM
 
Join Date: 05-09-2003
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                   
Re: I found some new music

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
25/16? why bother when it's easier to count 12 and a half by eight . . .
Ha ! Easy for you to say....

If I recall the mini lesson he gave the crowd, each measure was broken down into :
2-2-3,2-2-3,4-3-4

It was so fast I couldn't keep track. Besides, they kept distracting us with pure virtuousity and one-upmanship. In motorcycle terms it was like the last few laps of Edwards-Bayliss WSBK---all night long.

Guys like that make you want to practice really hard. Or quit.
CBRVFR is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Look what I found roadrunner954 Honda FireBlade 24 11-17-2003 8:52 PM
found the motogp site to download but! Arnab Honda FireBlade 0 10-08-2003 9:52 PM
found the motogp site to download but! Arnab Off-Topic 0 10-08-2003 9:52 PM
Found my wedding ceremony site alexandra Off-Topic 32 09-23-2003 3:30 PM
Music to wrench by BizJetGuy Off-Topic 73 08-23-2003 5:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome