Rude A$$ posters - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Rude A$$ posters

I would just like to rant for a minute about how some one can get on the site and ask a question or even give an opinion and if they spell something wrong they get their **** jumped by 3 or 4 or even more people. WHY??? I have never been part of a site that there are more ignorant people just because you spelt something wrong!! I know that I am one person who does not have a life that revolves around typing spelling grammar or any of that crap. If you know exactly what someone is saying say hey did you mean this or even say by the way you spelt it wrong. Who really gives a crap that people spell stuff wrong or have improper grammar? Does it in any way affect your life?? I guarantee it doesn’t. I bet I know more about mechanics than most all of you put together but when I see someone say something incorrect do you see me get on there and say hey dumbass??? Seriously people I am sure we are all adults here and can welcome all people in any education range without being dicks and putting them down. I just hope that this rant will help some of you think before insulting people for their grammar or what they believe to be true. It realy is not that hard to tell someone they are wrong without making them feel like sh!t.

Last edited by CBR954-JUGGERNA; 11-24-2009 at 4:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:30 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Rude A$$ posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR954-JUGGERNA View Post
I would just like to rant for a minute about how some one can get on the side and ask a question or even give an opinion and if they spell something wrong they get their **** jumped by 3 or 4 or even more people. WHY??? I have never been part of a site that there are more ignorant people just because you spelt something wrong!! I know that I am one person who does not have a life that revolves around typing spelling grammar or any of that crap. If you know exactly what someone is saying say hey did you mean this or even say by the way you spelt it wrong. Who really gives a crap that people spell stuff wrong or have improper grammar? Does it in any way affect your life?? I guarantee it doesn’t. I bet I know more about mechanics than most all of you put together but when I see someone say something incorrect do you see me get on there and say hey dumbass??? Seriously people I am sure we are all adults here and can welcome all people in any education range without being dicks and putting them down. I just hope that this rant will help some of you think before insulting people for their grammar or what they believe to be true. It realy is not that hard to tell someone they are wrong without making them feel like sh!t.
It's the internet .... serious bizness!!!

P.S. .... sorry ... I couldn't resist.

"If you feel you're in control you're not going fast enough" ~ Mario Andretti

Last edited by JohnnySpeed954; 03-10-2010 at 7:20 PM.
post #3 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:31 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Do you have an example, ....i am crap at spelling always have been, yet i have never had a problem on here, hopefully you were unlucky , or dare i say a bit to touchy!!!!! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:32 PM

Reputation Power: 20

you mean site not side? lol

j/k

normally i don't see that type of behaviour here. Maybe you posted something with a huge amount of incorrect spellings?
post #5 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:33 PM Thread Starter

Its cool. I know that I am guilty of it but then usualy on the same thread I will appologize for being a dick. I cant say I have been an aCE without being provoked but I have done it. It just seems that people get on here and ask a question. Then they get attacked. It sure wouldnt make me feel welcome or come back. If I truly cared any way.
post #6 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:35 PM
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 139

Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob

.......you wrote the i upside down in s##t*

*damn! an I j'st spilt it wiv too ##

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
post #7 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACI4LIFE View Post
you mean site not side? lol

j/k

normally i don't see that type of behaviour here. Maybe you posted something with a huge amount of incorrect spellings?
Sory it has been corrected. and that is an example of how when I get typing I either fat finger the key board or am typing on my blackberry. Dam predictive text changes a lot of words.
post #8 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK-ITFC View Post
Do you have an example, ....i am crap at spelling always have been, yet i have never had a problem on here, hopefully you were unlucky , or dare i say a bit to touchy!!!!! lol.

look around you will find it. And no it realy hasnt happened to me, actualy it did once a couple weeks ago I spelt dampener instead of damper. butt they emediatly appologized when I called them on it so no harsh feelings.
post #9 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:45 PM

Reputation Power: 40

you tell em cbr...

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #10 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 4:54 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

Quote:
I would just like to rant for a minute about how some one can get on the site and ask a question or even give an opinion and if they spell something wrong they get their **** jumped by 3 or 4 or even more people. WHY??? I have never been part of a site that there are more ignorant people just because you spelt something wrong!! I know that I am one person who does not have a life that revolves around typing spelling grammar or any of that crap. If you know exactly what someone is saying say hey did you mean this or even say by the way you spelt it wrong. Who really gives a crap that people spell stuff wrong or have improper grammar? Does it in any way affect your life?? I guarantee it doesn’t. I bet I know more about mechanics than most all of you put together but when I see someone say something incorrect do you see me get on there and say hey dumbass??? Seriously people I am sure we are all adults here and can welcome all people in any education range without being dicks and putting them down. I just hope that this rant will help some of you think before insulting people for their grammar or what they believe to be true. It realy is not that hard to tell someone they are wrong without making them feel like sh!t.
Well proper grammar would demonstrate the use of only one punctuation mark at one time. Therefore your use of "??," "???," and "!!" is grammatically incorrect. You also spelled "really" wrong in your last sentence.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
post #11 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 5:02 PM

Reputation Power: 40

i think you will be getting alot of this ... but i think its with a smile like this .......it b ok

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
post #12 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 5:12 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Your non-default font is enraging

Must obey the sheep dog
post #13 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 5:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
Your non-default font is enraging
It is whatever the crack berry sets it up to be.
post #14 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 5:31 PM

Reputation Power: 18

It's the internet .... serious bizness!!!
post #15 of 74 Old 11-24-2009, 5:32 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
It's "spelled", not spelt...

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page