Lucky three times in a row - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Lucky three times in a row

I got pulled over yesterday morning for doing 38 in a 25. He gave me a written warning.
Last month I was out with my wife on the ST, a car slowed down and pulled to the right to let me pass. A cop stops me four miles later and says I crossed the double yellow line (he also seemed unhappy that I didn't know why he pulled me over. It was the only one out of the three that I claimed ignorance). I don't have prof of reg or ins. He lets me go.
About a month and a half ago I get pulled over for doing 48 in that same 25. No license, no reg, no insurance on me. He gives me a written warning.

Although this is an insane amount of good fortune, alot has to do with the amount of respect you give the officer while pulled over. And knowing when not to talk is paramount.

Ride Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 1:04 PM

Reputation Power: 50

post #3 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 2:21 PM
Fig

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Lucky three times in a row

I think the amount of respect you show only has part to do with it.. When I got my 95 in a 75 ticket a couple of years ago, the cop was already writing when he got out of the car. Same thing with my 80 in a 65 a couple months ago. I could have offered to wash and wax his car and I was still getting the ticket.. I am always respectful, and I still get tickets. I can count on one finger how many times I have been let go with a warning. And I get pulled over for some stupid **** too.

License Plate Light out - 2 times
51 in a 45 - (That's when I got my warning. Cop asked me how fast I was going, I said I don't have a speedometer, just a tach, and guessed 50. He said 51, close, now slow it down, and let me go.)
65 in a 45 - Leaving on a trip with the family and I had just sped up because I could see the 65 sign. I ended up pulling over right past the 65mph sign as he wrote away. I got the old "you can't do the speed until you have passed the sign" lecture..
Fig

edit: correct spelling...

Last edited by Fig; 01-23-2004 at 5:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 2:31 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro
Although this is an insane amount of good fortune, alot has to do with the amount of respect you give the officer while pulled over. And knowing when not to talk is paramount.

Back when I was a young punk (last week some time) an officer of the law said to me, " Son, you will attract more flies with sugar than you will with ****." It took me some time to figure out exactly what he meant, but it is so true. And remember when in a cage and an officer approaches, keep both hands on the steering wheel and don't make any sudden movements or reach for anything without advising him first what you are doing. Even if he does write you a ticket and you do decide to fight it, your demeanor at the scene will go a long way with him in the courtroom.

Insignificant Member
post #5 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 2:44 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
And remember when in a cage and an officer approaches, keep both hands on the steering wheel and don't make any sudden movements or reach for anything without advising him first what you are doing. Even if he does write you a ticket and you do decide to fight it, your demeanor at the scene will go a long way with him in the courtroom.
Ain't that the truth. I was looking in my wallet for the reg and insurance when I realized it was it the glove compartment. I looked over to the Officer and asked him if it was O.K. to look in the glove compartment. That seemed to realy put him in a better mood.

Ride Red
post #6 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 2:57 PM

Quote:
I got pulled over yesterday morning for doing 38 in a 25. He gave me a written warning.
Last month I was out with my wife on the ST... I don't have prof of reg or ins. He lets me go.
About a month and a half ago I get pulled over for doing 48 in that same 25. No license, no reg, no insurance on me. He gives me a written warning.
Go put your reg and insurance in your wallet (or on your bike) right now! Then go buy a lottery ticket...
post #7 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 3:09 PM

You should buy some lotto tickets! I've never been that lucky with cops. Only one warning my whole life!
post #8 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 3:40 PM

I've got the same luck as Fig. I'm super polite and everything and the cop always says I am nice and polite when I'm in court...still get the ticket. Got a ticket for "disturbance of the peace" in my car with a stock system, and that was apparantly reason enough to want to search my car. My hometown cops make me sick.

I've been let go ONE time when I was going 34 in a 30 and on a downhill slope. He claimed I was in a 25 zone and we could both see the sign ahead another couple hundred feet.
post #9 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 3:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OSIRIS,

Well, you DO look like a hoodlum.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
OSIRIS,

Well, you DO look like a hoodlum.
I do?
post #11 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 4:14 PM

Reputation Power: 19

you know all of those "pit pass" holders you have laying around? that is what i have in each of my vehicles just to keep my insurance and registration papers in. works well.

Insignificant Member
post #12 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 6:15 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I've had pretty decent luck here in the Bay area too. Been let go both times I got pulled in the Skylonda area. Had a few tickets though as well. It definitely pays to show respect to a law officer when he's performing his job.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
post #13 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 7:07 PM

Reputation Power: 20

I always show the officer respect, you have nothing to gain by being an Ahole. I've only had my speed reduced never let off!! I have a court date in Febuary for speeding 93 in a 60 (hired a ticket agent) wish me luck.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-23-2004, 11:01 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:

Yep. And just be honest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page