st louis auto show - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 9:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21

st louis auto show

I was in ST louie for the past 2 week for bnez and decided to go to the auto show the other day.

the Honda Rune was there - that is a NICE looking bike. There was a guy cleaning it (not from honda) and somebody asked him if honda just started making bikes and he said yes anyway - that is a chromed BEAST

I also saw the SRT10 truck - All i could do is grin ear to ear. That truck is SWEEET. It gets 9 mpg in city and 12 on highway. The base is 22k, but add the "viper" motor and it goes to 47k, then the dealership adds 3.5k on top of that, plus gas guzzler tax and luxury tax - it will be well over 60 when you roll it off the floor.
To satisfy those of you who hate trucks like that because they dont do truck "Stuff" - it is not recommended to tow ANYTHING and hauls 900 in the 6'3" bed

Ok - now for the cars - the Ford GT was the second nicest car there. It is a beaut, you HAVE to see it in person

The new mustang will draw a lot of drools from you guys, it has the looks of a 69. But something about it just doesn't seem right.

The Viper looked like a Viper, but it is still nice

The GTO will turns heads when you see it on the street

the SSR - looks as Booth

Caddie had the prototype of the 750HP Cien - is a V12, that has night vision and the smoothest body lines you have ever seen

AND the Creme de la Creme - the C6. I sat in it and instantly got wood. the leather seats are a new stlye, the dash looks new and the body is beautiful. This is one you MUST see to appreciate. They had the blue ones there and I was impressed by that color as well, it does not do it justice to see it in a pic.

Definetly worth the $6 cover charge.

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 10:40 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: st louis auto show

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
Definetly worth the $6 cover charge.
$6? Dang, it's almost cheaper to drive down and go to that show instead of the one up here
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

well, it was really 8, but i scored a 2 dollar coupon

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 12:03 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to Aychdot Send a message via Yahoo to Aychdot

Hey, when did you go. I was there Wednesday night. Pretty nice show but seems like I've been to better. The Cadillac Cien WAS REALLY NICE . The GT40 was ok, but for over 100k I think that it is overpriced. I liked the Ram SRT 10 but the new 300C and Hemi wagon are going to have to grow on me. GTO is ok on the outside, really nice on the inside. The 5.7 V8 is gonna make it pretty quick, the Mustangs better watch out for the new guy. Why does the Mitsubishi Lancer have no boost guage .

I wanted to see this:Chrysler Concept

Looks like they stole the front end off of a 350Z doesn't it

Last edited by Aychdot; 01-24-2004 at 12:23 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 5:12 PM Thread Starter

i went thursday night, it was pretty packed. they were bussing loads of people in.

That was the first I had ever been to and thought it was well worth the price of admission, even though I had to walk in 13degree weather

post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2004, 6:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
I was in ST louie for the past 2 week for bnez and decided to go to the auto show the other day.

The GTO will turns heads when you see it on the street

AND the Creme de la Creme - the C6. I sat in it and instantly got wood. the leather seats are a new stlye, the dash looks new and the body is beautiful. This is one you MUST see to appreciate. They had the blue ones there and I was impressed by that color as well, it does not do it justice to see it in a pic.
Huh. I saw those cars at the Detroit show and neither did a thing for me... I thought the GTO looks loke a Grand Prix and you'd really have to be searching for the badge to tell it apart, and the 'vette just looked..plastic - more so than usual.

Did you see the new Pontiac 2 seater concept that they're allegedly building in '06 ? I thought that was a cool platform. Other than that, the Merc SLR was too cool, BMW has to stop letting the motorcycle guys design the cars, and I liked the MINI best of all.

If by being violent you mean Islam prescribes expansion of its rule through warfare and is therefore violent then so be it. - SPDUDE
See you at Grattan June 25-27 2007 !
Email me for info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page