Middle East Riots - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 9:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta
Middle East Riots

Looks like a new day is dawning there, first Tunisia now Eygpt and Yemen.
Its a political uprising brought about by the dislike for dictatorship by the populace. The western politicians must be fairly dismayed

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 9:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

Re: Middle East Riots

This is smalltime, lets see what happens if the Saudi populace decide they have had enough. I'll bet America comes off the fence big time!
post #3 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugen View Post
This is smalltime, lets see what happens if the Saudi populace decide they have had enough. I'll bet America comes off the fence big time!
Dont think is small time at all, at the present moment the curfew is in place but the people are out in mass in Suez, Alexandria and Cairo. Military has been deployed as well. We now have 3 countries with this unrest and I feel it can only escalate.
How can USA interfere in Saudi if its the general populace that want a change in the regime?

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

Anyone remember Iran in the late 70's?
post #5 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 2:29 PM

Reputation Power: 153

Remember Afganistan in the '70? Night and day huh? Depressing.

But these demonstrations going on right now are pretty hopeful if it stays relatively peaceful. Can't believe the Egyptian PM hasn't even spoken out yet. Maybe that bodes well for the people. Making plans to step down?

I know the big newscasters seem to be hoping and praying for terrible death and destruction but so far it seems mostly peaceful. Yeah there's always going to be a few going over the line but these demonstrations are taking place all over and even though they're not making the TV news, It seems they're pretty calm. Police aren't going gangbusters so let's hope it stays that way.
Best wishes for all those folks -hopefully it will be more like the Ukraine etc. Soft revolution
post #6 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 4:38 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:

and much more recently.......
post #7 of 60 Old 01-28-2011, 4:57 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Dont think is small time at all, at the present moment the curfew is in place but the people are out in mass in Suez, Alexandria and Cairo. Military has been deployed as well. We now have 3 countries with this unrest and I feel it can only escalate.
How can USA interfere in Saudi if its the general populace that want a change in the regime?
Quote:
Hopefully lessons will have been learned since then ....... some hope

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #8 of 60 Old 01-29-2011, 12:04 AM

Anyone noticed some strange news "feeds"?

One US station talking about "the army rolling in and quashing the riots".

Another station is showing the army getting hugs from the protesters and helping them to stay in the right areas while also showing some of the bad parts but with context.

One station shows only the looting, police shots and fires while the other station is showing all the peaceful marches and huge groups of mixed races, ages, religions and genders.

A European station is talking about all the various reasons for uprisings and discontent while the US station keep blabbing on about "the Muslims" (?) um pardon? are we all seeing the same event?

Geez, no wonder why it takes us so long to move forward.

Can anyone get NPR from the US right now? Mine isn't coming is because of the storm - I hope they're doing their usual balanced news job compared to the TV.
Where's that soapbox icon?

Hey, Spiral, glad you're 'here' and not there.
post #9 of 60 Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Godsmacked watch Aljazeera always has the best coverage

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #10 of 60 Old 01-29-2011, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Godsmacked watch Aljazeera always has the best coverage

Thanks setanta, we're pretty lucky in Canada, we have the Aljazeera feed, the BBC feed, some others from Europe that I don't know very well and some of our own correspondence (CBC) are there. Our public news TV gets feeds from all over.

I just hope that the regular folk in the US aren't getting the crap that we're seeing on the US stations that we get (CNN,NBC). It's totally different than the rest of the stations and that's not good.

US people out there? ?
Are you guys getting some stuff that's not like the fox-style reporting? Unfortunately I don't get any other US stations so I can't judge accurately. It just sort of worries me if the news is being censored like with Iraq/Afganistan.
post #11 of 60 Old 01-29-2011, 1:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmacked View Post
Thanks setanta, we're pretty lucky in Canada, we have the Aljazeera feed, the BBC feed, some others from Europe that I don't know very well and some of our own correspondence (CBC) are there. Our public news TV gets feeds from all over.

I just hope that the regular folk in the US aren't getting the crap that we're seeing on the US stations that we get (CNN,NBC). It's totally different than the rest of the stations and that's not good.

US people out there? ?
Are you guys getting some stuff that's not like the fox-style reporting? Unfortunately I don't get any other US stations so I can't judge accurately. It just sort of worries me if the news is being censored like with Iraq/Afganistan.
Didnt reply straight away, I waited for other peeps to respond but those on this site seem to be able to talk about bikes only
Unless there were bikes in the news coverage its of no interest IMHO

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #12 of 60 Old 01-30-2011, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Didnt reply straight away, I waited for other peeps to respond but those on this site seem to be able to talk about bikes only
Unless there were bikes in the news coverage its of no interest IMHO
Yeah, seems to be low on the radar. I'm thinking it's like the Berlin wall, I'm so happy for the people that I just keep checking the TV. Hope things don't get out of hand.
Funny to see that Ahmadina-bad has forced people to try to stir things up with the Israel angle. Don't think anyone will bite.
Horrible about the museum. That fellow in charge of it has been through so much that my heart breaks for him. Awesome for the army stepping in to protect it.
It's hopeful days.
post #13 of 60 Old 01-30-2011, 7:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, seems to be low on the radar. I'm thinking it's like the Berlin wall, I'm so happy for the people that I just keep checking the TV. Hope things don't get out of hand.
Funny to see that Ahmadina-bad has forced people to try to stir things up with the Israel angle. Don't think anyone will bite.
Horrible about the museum. That fellow in charge of it has been through so much that my heart breaks for him. Awesome for the army stepping in to protect it.
It's hopeful days.
Yeah I noticed that the people were stepping in too to make sure the stealing was stopped. Its started to build up today again after prayers, only real difference is that the army is out in force today.
Shame you dont get Aljazeera tv because at the moment there is fantastic historical coverage explaining how everything has led up today's up rising. Just now its explaining the popularity of the Islamic brotherhood.

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #14 of 60 Old 01-30-2011, 8:01 AM

Reputation Power: 122

Quote:
Anyone noticed some strange news "feeds"?

One US station talking about "the army rolling in and quashing the riots".

Another station is showing the army getting hugs from the protesters and helping them to stay in the right areas while also showing some of the bad parts but with context.

One station shows only the looting, police shots and fires while the other station is showing all the peaceful marches and huge groups of mixed races, ages, religions and genders.

A European station is talking about all the various reasons for uprisings and discontent while the US station keep blabbing on about "the Muslims" (?) um pardon? are we all seeing the same event?

Geez, no wonder why it takes us so long to move forward.

Can anyone get NPR from the US right now? Mine isn't coming is because of the storm - I hope they're doing their usual balanced news job compared to the TV.
Where's that soapbox icon?

Hey, Spiral, glad you're 'here' and not there.
I don't know what US station you are talking about No we are not seeing the same event, it must be the Canadian based US channel. Or are you another hippy Canadian that thinks the US is a bunch of terrorists...this post is typical to your kind, as is my post to mine right now(you know from the US, love to fight, right?)....You have no problem talking sh*t about the US but when a bomb blows up your neighborhood or a storm wipes out your town you are looking to the US for help or should I say money. God forbid the US decides not to help, of course then we are all scumbags. I don't know what your intensions are from those bs statements you made, and I really don't want to get in to another one of these convos, but at least you can't blame the US for this one huh? I am actually sure some how, some way, someone in your camp will figure out how to.........And in typical US fashion this statement..."And you want these animals to have a mosque near ground zero." Sorry but I am in no mood to hear US bashing from a cituation that has nothing to do with it, and feel it uncalled for.
post #15 of 60 Old 01-30-2011, 8:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina220 View Post
I don't know what US station you are talking about No we are not seeing the same event, it must be the Canadian based US channel. Or are you another hippy Canadian that thinks the US is a bunch of terrorists...this post is typical to your kind, as is my post to mine right now(you know from the US, love to fight, right?)....You have no problem talking sh*t about the US but when a bomb blows up your neighborhood or a storm wipes out your town you are looking to the US for help or should I say money. God forbid the US decides not to help, of course then we are all scumbags. I don't know what your intensions are from those bs statements you made, and I really don't want to get in to another one of these convos, but at least you can't blame the US for this one huh? I am actually sure some how, some way, someone in your camp will figure out how to.........And in typical US fashion this statement..."And you want these animals to have a mosque near ground zero." Sorry but I am in no mood to hear US bashing from a cituation that has nothing to do with it, and feel it uncalled for.
Down boy

Oh I so love a bit of fire in a thread

BTW have been swapping channels and its amazing the difference in the reports

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page