Phone System for Small Business - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 9:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Baketech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-2002
Location: Hoosierland, USA
Posts: 11,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42
                   
Phone System for Small Business

Looking for recommendations for a small biz phone system:
  • 4 Lines
  • 10-12 Extensions
  • Voicemail
  • Caller ID
  • Intercom/Paging
  • Minimal Bells & Whistles
  • Future CTI path

Emphasis to be on easy install and maintenance.
Any advice or admonitions appreciated....
Thanks

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop

Last edited by Baketech; 02-01-2004 at 9:32 AM.
Baketech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 10:00 AM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech
Looking for recommendations for a small biz phone system:
  • 4 Lines
  • 10-12 Extensions
  • Voicemail
  • Caller ID
  • Intercom/Paging
  • Minimal Bells & Whistles
  • Future CTI path

Emphasis to be on easy install and maintenance.
Any advice or admonitions appreciated....
Thanks
I have a Panasonic KXT-D1232 and it is extremely easy to setup and run. I have a GUI interface written by a gentleman in Moscow that makes programming a snap (60.00 bucks vs 2K for the OEM GUI).

Info here:
Systems
Connections
abtech is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Baketech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-2002
Location: Hoosierland, USA
Posts: 11,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42
                   
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
I have a Panasonic KXT-D1232 and it is extremely easy to setup and run. I have a GUI interface written by a gentleman in Moscow that makes programming a snap (60.00 bucks vs 2K for the OEM GUI).

Info here:
Systems
Connections
Nice link....

Is the "3rd party Windoze Programming Software" that comes with the system the GUI you are referring to? (or is this just the HyerTerminal app?)


Edit:
Also, are you using exchange lines or ISDN-PRI?

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop

Last edited by Baketech; 02-01-2004 at 5:10 PM.
Baketech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
 
Join Date: 02-07-2002
Posts: 10,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Bizfon has a really simple to install and maintain system. Quite inexpensive, too.
BDA116 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 12:38 PM
 
roadrunner954's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-2002
Location: Lincoln, NE
Age: 48
Posts: 1,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Re: Phone System for Small Business

let me know if you go with a panasonic, I might be able to discount price you a system.
roadrunner954 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 1:31 PM
 
ND4SPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-2002
Location: US
Age: 16
Posts: 16,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50
                     
Re: Phone System for Small Business

We have good luck with Comdial systems. They're compact, phones are fairly easy to use. Not sure about the programming end as I'm not involved, but nothing that's been asked to be done has been overly complicated or time consuming.
ND4SPD is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 6:00 PM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech
Nice link....

Is the "3rd party Windoze Programming Software" that comes with the system the GUI you are referring to? (or is this just the HyerTerminal app?)


Edit:
Also, are you using exchange lines or ISDN-PRI?
No on the "3rd party programming software", I can give a link to get the Russian program. I think it's much better than most of the stuff my clients have to wade through.

I have 4 pots lines for incoming calls and fax and then I have 4 outbound lines going over one of our T1s. In a small to medium system, I think a PRI is overkill and requires a lot more cards on the KXTD systems. I bought an Adtran TA-850 for $400 on eBay and it came with 2 FXS cards and 2 FXO cards. I am only using the first FSX card for my outbound lines, but the price was right and it takes about 5 minutes to setup an Adtran router.

I am redoing my dmark as we speak, so it's sort of interesting that you asked about this today.

Last edited by abtech; 02-01-2004 at 6:00 PM.
abtech is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 6:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Baketech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-2002
Location: Hoosierland, USA
Posts: 11,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42
                   
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
No on the "3rd party programming software", I can give a link to get the Russian program. I think it's much better than most of the stuff my clients have to wade through.

I have 4 pots lines for incoming calls and fax and then I have 4 outbound lines going over one of our T1s. In a small to medium system, I think a PRI is overkill and requires a lot more cards on the KXTD systems. I bought an Adtran TA-850 for $400 on eBay and it came with 2 FXS cards and 2 FXO cards. I am only using the first FSX card for my outbound lines, but the price was right and it takes about 5 minutes to setup an Adtran router.

I am redoing my dmark as we speak, so it's sort of interesting that you asked about this today.
Thank you Obi Wan....
I noticed that the PRI card is $1k on it's own....

Speaking of demarcation.....what are you using for a CSU?

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Baketech is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 02-01-2004, 6:44 PM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech
Thank you Obi Wan....
I noticed that the PRI card is $1k on it's own....

Speaking of demarcation.....what are you using for a CSU?
The Adtran is a CSU/DSU/Router/FSX/FSO all in one chassis. You can find any of the TA (Total Access) products on eBay at a usually good price. I wanted the chassis/slot unit for future expansion. The TA-604 for instance has full T1 data/voice integration for 4 channels of voice (the balance is available on a 10/100 Ethernet jack for internet access). Definitely the hot setup for data/voice integration without going to ISDN (It Still Does Nothing).

Last edited by abtech; 02-01-2004 at 9:42 PM.
abtech is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 02-02-2004, 8:37 AM Thread Starter
 
Baketech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-2002
Location: Hoosierland, USA
Posts: 11,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42
                   
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Thanks again...

BTW, am I looking for "Oleg Zemskov's Programmator"?

Today our ISDN-BRI is dead here at home, first time in a couple of years....should have kept my mouth shut I guess...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Baketech is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 02-02-2004, 8:53 AM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: Phone System for Small Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech
Thanks again...

BTW, am I looking for "Oleg Zemskov's Programmator"?

Today our ISDN-BRI is dead here at home, first time in a couple of years....should have kept my mouth shut I guess...
Oleg Zemskov's Programmator

That's the one. Make certain you get the latest version.
abtech is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phone system showmethebombs Off-Topic 2 10-06-2003 8:33 PM
HTEV Question ilikesilver Honda FireBlade 24 07-10-2003 1:47 AM
3/4 system, 1/2 system , Slip on? MartDog Honda FireBlade 1 06-13-2003 12:53 AM
install Devil 1/2 system w/o PCIII or not? johnnycrash Honda FireBlade 8 05-17-2003 10:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome