Need Video Editing SoftWare - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-02-2004, 8:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need Video Editing SoftWare

I have a bunch of on track digital video(those little tapes) and I am trying to upload it into my PC--it will play off my PC (VAIO laptop)--but I cant save it on the laptop---and i would like to edit it, save it on a DVD.

I am in the process of looking at a new PC (must be a Sony)--but I am a computard---everything has firewire so uploading it wont be bad.

1) is there any reason NOT to use a laptop for this(w/built in DVD-R)?--I will buy a huge external HD

2) is there any good software to buy?? I am NOT trying to do anything real fancy--just crop the low-drama tape, maybe add some music--burn a DVD.

Any sugesstions would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-02-2004, 9:08 PM

Re: Need Video Editing SoftWare

I really like Pinnacle Studio 8 Link - inexpensive, extremely easy to use. My kids and I have both made some really good videos with it. Easy to add music, titles, cool effects, etc.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

I second the Studio 8. It's pretty intuitive and will let you put together a nice production you can burn to DVD. I've used it to make a couple of movies from some onboard track videos I shot last summer.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-02-2004, 11:49 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
I second the Studio 8. It's pretty intuitive and will let you put together a nice production you can burn to DVD. I've used it to make a couple of movies from some onboard track videos I shot last summer.
My wife has a brand new Pentium 4 computer and it crashes all the time with Studio 8. She has not been able to make a movie yet. When she finally gets the movie made, the program says it won't burn it to the disc. I have also read similar complaints over the web. I was hoping this thread would offer up some better software for us to buy and try. JM2C
post #5 of 7 Old 02-03-2004, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULEWZ
My wife has a brand new Pentium 4 computer and it crashes all the time with Studio 8. She has not been able to make a movie yet. When she finally gets the movie made, the program says it won't burn it to the disc. I have also read similar complaints over the web. I was hoping this thread would offer up some better software for us to buy and try. JM2C
I've got a Pentium 3 and that's never happened. We've burned to disc many times, created streaming video, etc. The only thing I've found you need to be careful with is the temporary files chewing up lots of hard disk space.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-03-2004, 7:54 AM

Reputation Power: 42

I have Studio 8 as well...easy to use, and works pretty decent for $30 bucks. Studio 9 is out now, but doubt I will upgrade....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #7 of 7 Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULEWZ
I've read about the problems some people have had on the Pinnacle forum, but I've never had any myself. I always make sure I close all other apps when I run Studio since it puts a big demand on the processor, but that's it. Have you tried uninstalling, running their REGDELETE, and reinstalling? Thats helped a lot of other people.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page