Need help with problematic roommate. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Need help with problematic roommate.

My room mate, beside gf, is my friend "Tom". I have been friends with him for about 10 years. love the kid to death. only real friend i have. anyway. I have a problem with him. Hes a slob and he stinks. He has always been a total pig. Example. in his room, he has never vaccumed and we have been here for 6 months. he, at one time, had about 25 empty pop cans all over his room. he leaves food in there for days. that is just his room. I literaly have to yell and tell him to do **** around the house. i have to tell him to do the dishes that have been sitting there for days. hes never swept, never mopped, never cleaned the bathroom, never vaccumed the living room, even on his days off, which he is home all day.

Next thing, the big thing, his hygenie. When we first moved in together, i bought 3 bars of soap, one for each, to get us going. i lost track of mine and tossed all of them. now, this was 4 months ago, and he still has yet to buy a bar of soap. he does shower every other day but i never see him use a washcloth or even if he did, what does he use to clean himself. He is on the same bottle shampoo as the day we moved in. Anyway. he has a ass problem, thats the biggest thing of them all. Example, when he shits, there is always little flakes of **** in the toilet afterward. he took a **** once and left blood and skin on the bowl!! His ass smells so bad. Example. He comes home from work 2 days ago. he is about 10 feet from me and Tasha Standing in the doorway and we can smell his ass from the couch and he didnt walk anywhere yet. and he showered the day before. I just bought $1300 in living room furniture and it already stinks cuz of his ass. if he sits down and watches a movie, when he gets up it STINKS, like gag stinks.

I dont know how to talk to him about it. people used to call him stinky in school so i know it hurts his feelings. Any ideas on how to confront? Be straight forward? I dont want to lose $1300 in new furniture cuz of stinky-ass-syndrome.

Edit-changed name just incase

Last edited by stegen; 02-06-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:24 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13
Re: Need help with problematic roommate.

Be real with him. If he is a true friend he might understand where you are coming from but I dont think there is any easy way to tell him. just my .02$
post #3 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:28 AM

Reputation Power: 50

You gotta tell him straight up. I must admit, I nearly fell outta my chair reading your post, but it's a real dampenener of a situation. Tell him to get his act together or move out. Simple as that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
You gotta tell him straight up. I must admit, I nearly fell outta my chair reading your post, but it's a real dampenener of a situation. Tell him to get his act together or move out. Simple as that
I suppose, from third person, its pretty funny.
post #5 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:33 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13

From a 3rd person view
Quote:
Anyway. he has a ass problem, thats the biggest thing of them all. Example, when he shits, there is always little flakes of **** in the toilet afterward. he took a **** once and left blood and skin on the bowl!! His ass smells so bad. Example. He comes home from work 2 days ago. he is about 10 feet from me and Tasha Standing in the doorway and we can smell his ass from the couch and he didnt walk anywhere yet
That is some funny stuff
post #6 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:42 AM

Reputation Power: 0

stegen, first of all thank you for the very graphic post! And I totally agree with ND4, although I don't think the reason for his "about fell out of the chair" comment was with humor, but more with disbelief.

I once roomed with a guy like that - would do anything for him, 'cause we were such close friends. However, his "piggyness" ultimately caused us to move apart. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think this guy's social habits are gonna change. Boot him, as tactfully as possible, and move on with your lives, because otherwise it is gonna get ugly. Believe me, he ain't gonna change!
post #7 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 12:43 AM

Reputation Power: 18

You can't have a friend and roommate both. The two are entirely different. Tell him he's a great friend but you can't live with him. Living with others is a very difficult thing to do. It's best left to someone of the opposite sex that has an interest in you.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
post #8 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 1:03 AM Thread Starter

I lived with him a few years ago and it wasnt nearly as bad
post #9 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 1:28 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRjack
You can't have a friend and roommate both. The two are entirely different. Tell him he's a great friend but you can't live with him. Living with others is a very difficult thing to do. It's best left to someone of the opposite sex that has an interest in you.
I share a flat/apartment with a friend, and it's not a problem... He IS lazy, but I can imagine people worse than he is

I'd rather share an apartment with a lazy,friendly boy that I sort of know than to leave my keys to a supposedly clean stranger.

My flatmate uses soap though Tell the guy he smells like If your GF knows him well, that might make a more serious impression?

My gallery

and do check out Freeloader My sister is the voice
post #10 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus
stegen, first of all thank you for the very graphic post! And I totally agree with ND4, although I don't think the reason for his "about fell out of the chair" comment was with humor, but more with disbelief.

I once roomed with a guy like that - would do anything for him, 'cause we were such close friends. However, his "piggyness" ultimately caused us to move apart. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think this guy's social habits are gonna change. Boot him, as tactfully as possible, and move on with your lives, because otherwise it is gonna get ugly. Believe me, he ain't gonna change!

As much as it pains me to do so...I agree with the misdeveloped desert runt...get him out now and then try to salvage the friendship...Sounds like you have mates for a bit...might be worth it....

J

Last edited by fumbducker; 02-06-2004 at 2:06 AM.
post #11 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 4:47 AM

I had a room-mate who was a slob with his room and big parts of the common area. Since I collected rent and managed the common expenses, I simply hired a maid to clean the whole apartment every two weeks and tacked his share on to the monthly expenses. I did this after two requests for him to change his ways, each time forewarning what actions I would take. This resolved that problem nicely for all concerned.

Regarding the hygene problem, well, you have no choice but to confront him on that one. Thats not healthy for anyone.
post #12 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 9:33 AM

I did the whole "living with boyfriend and having another roommate". He was an absolute horrid slob.(the other roommate) The grossest things were his bathroom habits as well.....left crap all over the toilet seat, when he puked it was splattered all over the bathroom and mind you he didn't clean.

One day he decided to crush an entire bag of Doritos and sprinkled the crumbs all over the apartment because I had told him that he needed to start cleaning around the house.

I feel your pain.....best thing to do is send him on his way.
post #13 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 10:28 AM

the end result is you are either going to move out or you are going to kick him out. he will not change those habits, they sound like they have been there for quite some time and no friend will break him - especially if his parents couldn't.

I would start looking for a new roomate, or just pony up and buy the house with the gf
post #14 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 10:49 AM

after you kick him out, go bust his mom's ass man, there is no excuse for that crap...

Thats just nasty.
post #15 of 37 Old 02-06-2004, 11:04 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Maybe the cat has Crohn's disease. A buddy of mine has it and he can stink up a joint quick.

I came here to chew bubble gum and to kick some ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page