Vancouver Riots - Social media to the rescue. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-16-2011, 2:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Vancouver Riots - Social media to the rescue.

Vancouver 2011 Riot Criminal List

Pretty interesting.

Go Bruins!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-16-2011, 2:43 PM

Reputation Power: 162

Re: Vancouver Riots - Social media to the rescue.

I saw that in the newspaper today. Man, I am a big Pens fan but to go out on the road and riot because of a loss is the last that comes to my mind. I'd rather drink a couple beer.

Idiots! That's all I can say.

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
post #3 of 9 Old 06-16-2011, 3:06 PM

Check out these pictures.

Sport :: Video :: Mobile :: LAOLA1.at - Eishockey / NHL / Diashows / Vancouver versinkt nach verlorenem NHL-Finale im Chaos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 10:48 PM

Reputation Power: 153

Not hockey fans. Just the same tools that appear at all the large gatherings worldwide and the same bunch of tools that show up to get them going by videotaping them.

Real fans bring beer and flags, not anti-tear gas kits, masks and molotovs. Don't give the dirtbags any more publicity. I don't think that they would have packed up their gas bottles and brought them back home if Vancouver won.

Did you see all the signs the next day by the real citizens and fans?
They thanked the police, the interveners and most of all, they congratulated The Boston Bruins for a well deserved win.

Especially Thomas! Wow, best goalie in the world without question.

I also noticed that long time fans were using the series as a way to showcase hockey and not pit one country against another. Takes away the whole point of sport when it divides.

Does Thomas want to come to Toronto and play for us...
post #5 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Reputation Power: 59

... Yes there are groups that go around doing this.. Thing is, the fans do get themselves involved in these riots. If the fans were actually proud of their city, then they would take these groups out into the woods.. and bury them

James Taylor
post #6 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
... Yes there are groups that go around doing this.. Thing is, the fans do get themselves involved in these riots.
There always going to be someone who jumps in when something is going on, it has nothing to do with hockey or fans, just people who are criminals or young people who think it's 'cool' to kick a cop car

Did anyone notice that the rioters almost exclusively broke windows belonging to shops where they could steal merchandise? That's not a riot, that's a bored kid/drunk/loser deciding that he or she will take the large crowd opportunity to get a free I-pod or gold chain.

Funny also that so many of the people taking pictures and vids, publicly slammed hockey and admitted that they only showed up to "see what would happen". Yeah, get drunks and criminals together with people willing to film their antics and guess what happens Oh yeah, they turn it into popular TV shows.

Quote:
If the fans were actually proud of their city, then they would take these groups out into the woods.. and bury them

Actually that's sort of what has been going on there The problem now is vigilantism. Serious public naming and shaming and sometimes happening to the wrong people. They're now talking about charges being brought up against those other losers who are photoshopping their friend's pictures into riot scenes. Real funny when your buddy loses his job thanks to your prank.

The fans are proud of their city, why wouldn't they be?

Most people like their city or they wouldn't live there. Thousands immediately Facebooked and Tweeted to get the crowds back to help with the clean up and they did. Just not so exciting to splash that all over the news. Families with garbage bags and brooms? No death and destruction there.

I know the team/fans is the arch rival of your city's team but I think fans are fans and there's going to be a dickhead in every crowd. Not all soccer fans are hooligans either but the normal ones don't make the news.

Some analysts are even trying to use the old "hockey = violence" argument. That's so lame. No one complained about games or series where there were no fights but again that wouldn't make the news.

If that argument holds then the Seattle riot must have meant tree-huggers and hippies = violence??
post #7 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I gather that these are the same people that rioted at the Olympics, and that some have records at many different events stretching back a decade or more.

That tells me two things. They're common pathetic thugs, not sore losers; and the media is less reliable than an old tabloid, and anything they publish can't be trusted to be truthful.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustgold View Post
I gather that these are the same people that rioted at the Olympics, and that some have records at many different events stretching back a decade or more.

That tells me two things. They're common pathetic thugs, not sore losers; and the media is less reliable than an old tabloid, and anything they publish can't be trusted to be truthful.

Yup, every public gathering the world over has a few idiots in the mix.
Just some local thugs and a few drunk fans thrown in for good measure.

Probably lots of truth published but not so much published that shows the normal people that didn't do anything other than have a beer and toast the winners, saying, "Maybe next year.."

There was a huge wall in the downtown where fans and citizens wrote messages of apology to the sport or to the locals or congrats to Boston etc and guess what,...it was vandalized last night.

Um, kinda dumb that no one thought that something like that would happen. That would have been a lovely arrest and so easy too. Bummer.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-22-2011, 8:41 AM

And it still isn't as bad as soccer. But again, stupid is stupid does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page