Well Said - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 5:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 6:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Re: Well Said

Couldn't agree more. Pedal bikes have their place too. A small one, but still...

post #3 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 9:04 PM

Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Only thing about them in traffic.. They make it worse, people have to go around them.

And at every red light, they go through traffic to the front of the line.. and repeat the same process.

Although as a cyclist myself, it is nice being on a bike.

James Taylor
post #5 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

[QUOTE=Krazed;1025412]Only thing about them in traffic.. They make it worse, people have to go around them.

And at every red light, they go through traffic to the front of the line.. and repeat the same process. QUOTE]

post #6 of 20 Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 PM

I see it every time I go down town haha

James Taylor
post #7 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 2:06 AM

Reputation Power: 166

I ride a pushbike as well, some people are total when it comes to cyclists. I don't live in a city but if I did, I would use a pushbike to get around. If more people got their fat arses out of their one-person cars and on to 2 wheels, there would be far less of a congestion problem anyway!
post #8 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 2:11 AM

Not even just getting people onto bicycles.. Usually somebody or a few people live in the area or on the way to work.. They all drive to work, so why not car pool

James Taylor
post #9 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed View Post
Not even just getting people onto bicycles.. Usually somebody or a few people live in the area or on the way to work.. They all drive to work, so why not car pool

They try that where I work. A few weeks ago, I got to work in full gear, carrying my lid and there was a guy in reception with a clipboard doing a survey.

He asked if he could ask me a few questions. Sure, I said.

Question 1 - Can you tell me sir, how did you come in to work today.....

I looked at him, looked myself up and down, and walked off.
post #10 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 3:00 AM

Got to love people hey!

When I was driving trucks.. I noticed on the main roads around the city, so many vehicles with 1 person in them. Imagine how many cars get off the road if there was 4 in each car!

James Taylor
post #11 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 4:29 AM

Quote:
When I was driving trucks.. I noticed on the main roads around the city, so many vehicles with 1 person in them. Imagine how many cars get off the road if there was 4 in each car!
In Oz they have lanes for cars with more than 1 occupant. I'm not sure exactly of the rules of how they work, and I don't know if they work or how popular they are with the public - but at least there is some incentive to car share!

Perhaps soon fuel prices will be the incentive.
post #12 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 4:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Funny to stumble onto this thread and read some of the rants: I was in my Jeep this afternoon having just picked up my son from swim team. I came to the same 4-way intersection I pass through 4 times a day at least. I started to make my right turn (right turn lane only has to yield, all others have a stop sign) and I had to nail the brakes because a cyclist coming down the hill at about 40 mph blew through the stop sign and almost ate my fender. I didnt see him when I looked as I started my turn because of a tree and bushes on the corner. He shook his head in disgust at me, just like I've done to all the drivers that have tried to take me out on my RR. I caught up to him down the road at the next intersection, also a 4-way stop with intentions to say my piece, only he blew that stop sign too, never slowed down. This was not some kid, but a man in his 50's in full cycle gear. I should have just hit the jackass and saved someone else the trouble. Since when does a cycle give yu a free pass to blow through intersections at speed...Sorry, I'm done venting.
post #13 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Funny to stumble onto this thread and read some of the rants: I was in my Jeep this afternoon having just picked up my son from swim team. I came to the same 4-way intersection I pass through 4 times a day at least. I started to make my right turn (right turn lane only has to yield, all others have a stop sign) and I had to nail the brakes because a cyclist coming down the hill at about 40 mph blew through the stop sign and almost ate my fender. I didnt see him when I looked as I started my turn because of a tree and bushes on the corner. He shook his head in disgust at me, just like I've done to all the drivers that have tried to take me out on my RR. I caught up to him down the road at the next intersection, also a 4-way stop with intentions to say my piece, only he blew that stop sign too, never slowed down. This was not some kid, but a man in his 50's in full cycle gear. I should have just hit the jackass and saved someone else the trouble. Since when does a cycle give yu a free pass to blow through intersections at speed...Sorry, I'm done venting.
Yeah that's stupid.
post #14 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 4:52 AM

I pay a lot of attention to such a thing when I am on a bicycle. I run stop signs, but I dont absolutely blow through them.

and Des, we dont really have the multiple occupancy lanes. Usually those are also for motorcycles, which would be nice to have. I dislike sitting in traffic, and I definitely do not lane split.

James Taylor
post #15 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 4:58 AM

Quote:
I pay a lot of attention to such a thing when I am on a bicycle. I run stop signs, but I dont absolutely blow through them.

and Des, we dont really have the multiple occupancy lanes. Usually those are also for motorcycles, which would be nice to have. I dislike sitting in traffic, and I definitely do not lane split.
Ah, 'lane splitting'. It's legal here, and I do it where necessary. I don't often use dual carriageways / motorways but when I do, and the traffic is snarled up, I go through the middle. Otherwise why bother with a bike?

I don't tend to filter when traffic is moving at a decent pace though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page