America down graded - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-06-2011, 9:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta
America down graded

Oh USA down graded from triple A to double A for the first time ever. Putin has made some great comments and China is taking over the world without a shot

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-06-2011, 9:40 AM

Reputation Power: 33

Re: America down graded

What's this triple and double A's that you talk about ?
post #3 of 13 Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Here you go

BBC News - US loses AAA credit rating after S&P downgrade

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-06-2011, 9:52 PM

Reputation Power: 153

I was wondering about all that recently.
There was a report out that stated that no one really knows the whole criteria that they use to give a rating to a country so some of the poorer countries can't do anything about changing theirs and are stuck with outrageous interest rates.
I tried to look it up and there's nothing concrete. At least my bank tells me exactly what I have to do to keep a perfect credit score and exactly what would damage it. Thank god it's not someone saying, "I've lost confidence in your ability to negotiate" Er, pardon, according to who?

Maybe now that one of the rich countries finds itself being noticed, they will have to spell out their system?

Quote:
This unsolicited rating(s) was initiated by Standard & Poor's. It may be based
solely on publicly available information and may or may not involve the
participation of the issuer. Standard & Poor's has used information from
sources believed to be reliable based on standards established in our Credit
Ratings Information and Data Policy but does not guarantee the accuracy,
adequacy, or completeness of any information used
That last bit is kind of scary. At least if they mess up my score, I have a way to make them fix it.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Yes a profit based credit rating company isnt really the right people to do this, because their opinion can affect millions of lives without taking in all the criteria

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #6 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 1:20 AM

Reputation Power: 50

In my opinion its all just big politics bull ****, and as far as china that's the biggest bubble the world will ever see.

The whole economic downturn will be seen in the public sector by far, and mostly because of how big and inefficient it has gotten the private sector seems to be doing better now compared to the last 3 years, other than new home construction the rest of people I know are doing good and manufacturing is really busy at the moment specially machine shops.

swaying to the symphony of destruction!!!!
post #7 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 3:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Capitalism needs consumers, preferably ones with money to buy consumer goods. After the 2nd world war, the UK had to produce and export like mad, just to pay back the US for all the military equipment it had to buy. (I WONT go into the politics of that!).
America set up Japan with the most modern production facilities to ensure no repeats of Pearl Harbour. The vastly more efficient Japs then flooded the world with high quality exports, everyone screamed, mostly the inneficiant US manufacturers. Conurrantly, the Germans just set too winning WW2 by economic means. As their populations began to reap the benifits they began demanding higher wages. As the US became less and less efficient most manufacturing was outsourced, especially to the sworn Communist 'enemy' China. Now, usually, this would result in a population demanding higher wages, the cost base becoming more aligned with the rest of the world. Except the Chinese dont operate on our system. They will hold down costs by force if neccesary, untill no-one can compete. Standars and Poors would be put up against a wall and shot if they tried to undermine the Chinese financial system. Its what we should really do in the West to all the dealers in 'money' rather than actually producing things.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 8:27 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #9 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 9:33 AM Thread Starter

As your referring to American inefficiency, I remember watching a program about the car industry, the guys were getting really good money and only actually putting in a few hours a week, then they started to complain when they were fired or told to actually do their jobs. No wonder the country is in a mess

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #10 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugen View Post
Capitalism needs consumers, preferably ones with money to buy consumer goods. After the 2nd world war, the UK had to produce and export like mad, just to pay back the US for all the military equipment it had to buy. (I WONT go into the politics of that!).
America set up Japan with the most modern production facilities to ensure no repeats of Pearl Harbour. The vastly more efficient Japs then flooded the world with high quality exports, everyone screamed, mostly the inneficiant US manufacturers. Conurrantly, the Germans just set too winning WW2 by economic means. As their populations began to reap the benifits they began demanding higher wages. As the US became less and less efficient most manufacturing was outsourced, especially to the sworn Communist 'enemy' China. Now, usually, this would result in a population demanding higher wages, the cost base becoming more aligned with the rest of the world. Except the Chinese dont operate on our system. They will hold down costs by force if neccesary, untill no-one can compete. Standars and Poors would be put up against a wall and shot if they tried to undermine the Chinese financial system. Its what we should really do in the West to all the dealers in 'money' rather than actually producing things.
Right on the head, And even now there is lots of what the Chinese call silent protests, There is more and more corruption from the street cops to town politicians and officials, my last trip there I got to know what you would call middle class citizens they are not poor like the farmers but are not rich by any means all they are trying to do is live a decent life just like everyone else and just like in every other society there will be the people that will be unhappy at the fact that the only way to live somewhat decent is to work for a foreign company and those people are verry bitter towards their goverment. the gov. knows how unhappy people are and thats why they keep so much surveilance every ware. Their way will not last before a revolt and that is when it will be interesting to see if the rest of the world turn the blid eye in favor of cheap lavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
As your referring to American inefficiency, I remember watching a program about the car industry, the guys were getting really good money and only actually putting in a few hours a week, then they started to complain when they were fired or told to actually do their jobs. No wonder the country is in a mess
The country is in a mess because of special interest greedy pigs of politicians we have, and the employe unions that allow such lazzy a-holes to have and keep the jobs they dont deserve.

swaying to the symphony of destruction!!!!
post #11 of 13 Old 08-07-2011, 2:35 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkobflys View Post

The country is in a mess because of special interest greedy pigs of politicians we have, and the employe unions that allow such lazzy a-holes to have and keep the jobs they dont deserve.
That unfortunately is everywhere

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #12 of 13 Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 AM

Reputation Power: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
That unfortunately is everywhere
Here too.

Art/craft sales this weekend and here's a good indicator. I usually sell to Americans staying in cottage country or resorts who do all their Christmas shopping at my shows. This year, there were three American families at my booth. 3 !! All the rest were locals.

Dollars too high and all the sh&t rolls downhill to the little guy. US people seem to be staying home. Really sucks since I live in a tourist town.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-08-2011, 1:48 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 182

Garage

It appears that the US Government thinks it is invisable to the American people, and the rest of the world. Play this game to a point of dramatics sensationalism and everybody just follows along.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's like buying a one off copy of a Sony walkmen and thinking you got the world by the balls.
Bull$#!T artist's for corrupt politicians that think we believe and trust them.
Lieing sacks of $#!T} Politicians. I wonder when everyone else will get pissed enough to actually stand up!!!!!!!!!!!
For the most part; I wonder if anyone in the US is actually paying attention!

If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything. The proverbial "trick", is not to follow anyone elses idea of reality. Be an individual. The future belongs to those who prepare for it.

Last edited by sidmarklong; 08-08-2011 at 8:54 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page