Something for the digital photo buffs - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-14-2004, 9:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Something for the digital photo buffs

Found an interesting thread about digital photography and cameras.
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...ead.php?t=2762

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-14-2004, 9:32 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Something for the digital photo buffs

I like Canon. We use a G2 at the shop for all of our auction photos and I have a 10D. The G2 is a great little camera.

One suggestion to make to these guys might be something along the lines of: it's not the camera that makes the photograph...rather it's the photographer.

In that first pic, I would have moved up closer to remove the fence from the image. He actually has some nice lines there with the trees and if you follow the rule of thirds the horizon is right where it should be (or darn close.)

In the second, I would have tried to zoom in more (not sure if he was maxed out or not.) He needs to move the horizon up a bit and the deer over to the right more, IMO. It's a little too centered I think. Possibly gotten lower to the ground just above the grass top would've been cool.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-15-2004, 10:53 AM

in my photo, those bastards would be lying tits up bleeding from their noses and mouths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-15-2004, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfirefighter13
I like Canon. We use a G2 at the shop for all of our auction photos and I have a 10D. The G2 is a great little camera.

One suggestion to make to these guys might be something along the lines of: it's not the camera that makes the photograph...rather it's the photographer.

In that first pic, I would have moved up closer to remove the fence from the image. He actually has some nice lines there with the trees and if you follow the rule of thirds the horizon is right where it should be (or darn close.)

In the second, I would have tried to zoom in more (not sure if he was maxed out or not.) He needs to move the horizon up a bit and the deer over to the right more, IMO. It's a little too centered I think. Possibly gotten lower to the ground just above the grass top would've been cool.
Thanks for the link. I did like the fact that he was reluctant to use digital enhancement "tricks" to improve his photos. And the response "why didn't you kill them?" was pretty funny.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-15-2004, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
in my photo, those bastards would be lying tits up bleeding from their noses and mouths.

you seem to have some issues. Have a seat on the couch...

...So you ver beatin by yer fadder az a young boy vid da tail of a skrirrel, no?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page