OK fess up... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 1:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

OK fess up...

Who's watching the Daytona 500 today? I'm going to do an experiment. I'm gonna go to the other room and watch the ceiling fan run around and have my wife call me into the room only when there's a wreck. My guess is the experience will be about the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 1:39 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Send a message via AIM to TGZ13
Re: OK fess up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetonion
Who's watching the Daytona 500 today? I'm going to do an experiment. I'm gonna go to the other room and watch the ceiling fan run around and have my wife call me into the room only when there's a wreck. My guess is the experience will be about the same.
I used to watch Nascar till they starting taking over just about every motorsport station and pushed 2wheel racing to the curb
post #3 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 1:56 PM

I AM ALL OVER IT, hopefully it will be over by the time i have to fly to the windy city
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 4:06 PM
Fig

Did your ceiling fan just flip over???
post #5 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 5:13 PM

Let me know when they do something other than turn left...
post #6 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 6:49 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhip
I think that is mid season.... Pikes Peak or something....
post #7 of 21 Old 02-15-2004, 6:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
Did your ceiling fan just flip over???
Three or four times!
post #8 of 21 Old 02-16-2004, 12:08 AM

Reputation Power: 19

No I didn't watch it, I went riding. Weather was in the high 60's so I took the bike to my favorite canyon road.

Anyway, as of a few years ago I enjoyed NASCAR but now its too commercial, has somewhat of a soap opera like atmosphere, and is being shoved down my throat nearly everytime I turn on SpeedTV. I can't stand it anymore.

AMA and MotoGP are the only racing series' that I watch anymore.
post #9 of 21 Old 02-16-2004, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhip
This is my exact comment when any coworker/new acquaintaince asks if I watch it I can't and never will understand the fascination with something that only goes in one direction. Even your run-o-the mill station wagon can turn both directions
post #10 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 2:33 PM
Fig

I am amazed at you guys that you would blow off something as complicated just because of the direction they travel? There's just as much physics and science in a nascar race as their are in our beloved motorcycle racing. It's funny to see the bias though when it comes to attitudes.

Maybe it's just the fact that I am a track photographer and get involved with teams on a more local level, but it's almost comical to see the reactions. Whether they turn left, right, or both, it's all about making the vehicle go as fast as possible while still maintaining control. Any event which has a national exposure and the media dollars involved is going to have an overproduced look. Hell look at the circus the SuperBowl has become..

For those of you who think it's so easy, turning left and all, why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Find a local nascar track, buy a used race car, and show the world how easy it is... Funny because we had a girl who was always on the local message board talking ****. Everyone convinced her that to actually be taken seriously anymore she had to get behind the wheel.. She finally bought a car and has been racing the last two years. Lets just say she discovered a new respect for the people she was putting down before, and she'll readily admit it. She hasn't won a main yet, but she will. It's not as easy as you chair jockeys make it out to be..
Fig
post #11 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 2:37 PM

There are a couple of NASCAR road races....doesn't change my disdain for what the series has become.

post #12 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
...For those of you who think it's so easy, turning left and all, why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Find a local nascar track, buy a used race car, and show the world how easy it is... Funny because we had a girl who was always on the local message board talking ****. Everyone convinced her that to actually be taken seriously anymore she had to get behind the wheel.. She finally bought a car and has been racing the last two years. Lets just say she discovered a new respect for the people she was putting down before, and she'll readily admit it. She hasn't won a main yet, but she will. It's not as easy as you chair jockeys make it out to be..
Fig
Fig, i don't think anyone is saying it's easy, just that it's boring. I can't imagine the amount of skill it takes to do what they do...that being said, i find it incredibly boring, except for maybe the last couple laps. AMA, MotoGP, and F1 may not take more skill, but for me they are just a lot more exciting to watch.....AMA and MotoGP more than F1....

Last edited by Rios929; 02-17-2004 at 2:56 PM.
post #13 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 3:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Nope, had some skiing to do...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #14 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rios929
Fig, i don't think anyone is saying it's easy, just that it's boring. I can't imagine the amount of skill it takes to do what they do...that being said, i find it incredibly boring, except for maybe the last couple laps. AMA, MotoGP, and F1 may not take more skill, but for me they are just a lot more exciting to watch.....AMA and MotoGP more than F1....
Exactly my point - I find it incredibly boring to watch. I love speed - love to drive fast, love fast cars, etc., but watching Nascar bores the crap out of me. Same thing with the Indy 500. I know it's a big deal, but to me it's like watching paint dry.
post #15 of 21 Old 02-17-2004, 3:08 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

To me watching NASCRAP is like watching golf. No thanks. Now we have that out of the way, I raced roundy-rounds quite a few times back east before coming here. I enjoyed every single lap of it. Being in the action is much better then watching it. Of course they were endurance type races where the last car running would win. It was quite fun smashing into your friend in a big game of bumper cars.

Dano

Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page