FAT Club !!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

FAT Club !!!

Well I thought I'd see how many of us are in shape or at least trying to get back into shape after a lay off good diet or exercise or BOTH.

Me, myself and I have lost 10 kilos just from moderating my daily diet and portion size, pure fat I have lost, horrible stuff.

So I thought I would start this thread as I know there are a lot of members on here that do some form of training on a regular basis and who's nutrition knowledge will be of great help to us all.

For instance I am basically on a carb/protein diet, by which everytime I eat carbohydrates I eat some form of protein with it, to help break it down in my system.

Stuff like that. Lets hope everyone helps one and other. If you're not interested in losing weight and keeping fit for a healthier lifestyle, DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD WITH YOUR IDLE REMARKS AND BS !!

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta
Re: FAT Club !!!

Out of curiosity, how many small meals a day are you having?

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #3 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Out of curiosity, how many small meals a day are you having?
I was on 5 - 6 BUT, then remembered I used to eat that anount when I was training and working.

Now I eat

Breakfast Banana or cereal
Lunch Bolognaise or chicken with rice and Veg/salad
Afternoon Snack Apple
evening meal fish/chicken with rice or salad

That is a general sort of thing that I mix up and change. Obviously lots of water, some coffee and thats about it.

Oh yeah, I do eat strawberries regularly as they are a good anti oxidant and are cheap out here at the moment, so I have a dessert made from those.

You know the kind of stuff matey.

Jazzy's Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, I also make a vegtable sauce with tomato frito and as many veg as you can think of which is a nice compliment to chicken or fish.

Jazzy's Blog
post #5 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Pretty healthy menu there

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #6 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 2:24 PM

Reputation Power: 176

Been trying to lose weight for a while now, want to be down about 15-20 lbs.
Been doing a routine from my MA class, seems to be helping, at least with flexibility. My diet used to be terrible, I mean awful. Used to drink 6+ cans of soda a day. Quit that **** and lost quite a bit in the first month (went down a pant size, )
But can't get rid of that last little bit. Lately I've been eating Veggies and either lean beef, chicken breast, or sashimi (raw fish on rice, I add wasabe for a bite)
I am currently trying the Visalus diet, seems to be working and all the research I've done has proven it to be for real. We shall see I guess.
Broke out the ol' Iron Gym a few days ago, trying to add pull ups and whatnot into the routine...ugh...hopefully get there soon.
Good luck Jazz

I feel the most alive when I am close to death....

'01 Kawasaki ZR7-S (Naomi...Sold)
'07 Suzuki SV650 (Suzy...Sold)
'02 RC51 (Holly...RIP)
'02 CBR954RR (Elektra....Sold)
'11 ZX6R (Fiona...Sold)
'02 RC51 (Eleanor...My Baby)
post #7 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 2:29 PM

Reputation Power: 14

I don't watch what I eat too much, but I lift weights, kickbox and train in Arnis (Filipino) stick fighting...seems to work for me
post #8 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 3:39 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Filipino stick fighting?! ha, I have to bring this up at work... Work with a Filipino, and I am the best man at his wedding in the Philippines in just over a month.

As for me... I always wanted to be a little heavier the I am now. Although I will admit that I have a bit of chub on me right now. I usually float between 170lbs-175lbs (77kg-79kg), right now I am floating between 190lbs-195lbs (86kg-88kg).

I eat whatever is available, which at work usually isnt a whole lot healthy. When I am off work, and havent gone home to Calgary, I eat a lot of vegetables, with a tiny amount of meat.

My work out consists of ladders and stairs, along with turning valves... Some of those valves take 4 people to turn Got to love my job.

James Taylor
post #9 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 4:04 PM

Reputation Power: 23

I'm trying to lose a bit myself! Quit smoking about two years ago and packed on about 30lbs since! Probably lost about 5-7 lbs in 2 weeks so far by lowering calorie intake and sprinting up the stairs at work when I get the chance..

Currently 6'2" 250lbs goal is 220... After I reach 220 I'll try to get to 200! Don't want to set the bar too high for now..
Good luck to all!

2000 CBR929RR 03' 954 Engine, sold.....
2007 Yamaha R1- Project Rebuild
post #10 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 4:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 98

Good thread Jazzy!!!!, my wife is a fitness fanatic so it motivates me and has for about 15 years, I go to the gym three days a week before work, play hockey year round and chase around my boys on a daily basis. As for diet, I am pretty consistent with a good variety of healthy choices but I do have an affinity for a row of chocolate chip cookies every now and then

Did I mention that a few of our friends are coming over tonight to watch the NHL playoffs and we are frying up some wings and downing a few ales and vino!!!!!! You still gotta live your life right
post #11 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 5:37 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Filipino stick fighting also known as Arnis, Escrima or Kali
post #12 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 7:37 PM Thread Starter

Oxman and the rest of you are all correct in what you are doing, and it's nice to see that everyone is doing some sort of exercise or another.

Exercise isn't just for getting weight off, it's also for keeping you insides nice and healthy especially ye old ticker.

Common thread I noticed weaving through this thread already and that is everyone's 'Daily Diet', basically what you eat everyday seems to be low on the 'fat' side.

And yeah sure, you gotta have some chocolate or fried wings or beers or whatever you fancy now and again (depending on your work load, exercise and food intake) or even once a week !

Well I have lost about 1st 6lbs this last month which was pure flab

I feel better and my leathers, especially the pants are fitting a bit looser. Still gotta lose about another stone before I'm really comfy on the bike...THAT is part II of my motivation...Part I is being able to chase after my kid without getting out of breath after 15 yards...YES 15 YARDS !!

Talk about a wake up call

Anyhow peeps, lets keep at it and any healthy option meal recipes you have, feel free to post them up !

GOOD LUCK ALL AND STICK AT IT FOR A HEALTHIER AND HOPEFULLY LONGER LIFE !

Jazzy's Blog
post #13 of 132 Old 05-05-2012, 9:43 PM

Only problem with starting X, Y, Z diet is that its an artificial daily diet, which means when you reach your goal, you have to go back to "normal" eating. Better to form a diet around your normal eating habits thus when you reach your goal you dont have to subject your body to a new routine.

My friend is head of the Inayan Eskrima system

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #14 of 132 Old 05-06-2012, 5:45 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Great thread!

It's actually a great performance mod for us bike riders to lose wt. I'm 6'0 and 175lbs and me and my old 929 absolutely anialate my friend "little Billy" who's 6'6 and 330lbs on his Hyabusa in the occassional stop sign to stop sign race in the middle of nowhere.

You'd be surprised how much more fun riding can be. Keep up the wt loss, it's the best Free mod out there!
post #15 of 132 Old 05-06-2012, 7:13 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Here's some helpful tips for you all.

Don't forget it's simple maths: Calories in vs calolories out. If you burn off more than you eat then you will lose weight.

Also, to help you burn fat you need to eat fat. By this I mean "GOOD" fat. Nuts, sunflower oils etc.

Caloric macro breakdown is; Protein is 4 cals per gram, Carbs is 4 calories per gram, Fat is 9 cals per gram. High protein diets are the way forward.

EDITED: When losing weight your body will want to use *"muscle"* as fuel before fat so to maintain the muscle you have, try and keep your protein high to maintain the muscle.

Your body works 25% harder to break down protein than the other 2 macros so makes your metabolism work harder.

Carbs main use is in your body is energy so eat enough carbs for exercise etc, but not too much.

Always have protein as your main source of food for each meal and work carbs and fats around it.

Keep water intake high as sometimes hunger is mistaken for dehydration. Also this will keep everything ticking over nicely and keep your body flushed of toxins.

Just a few to be going on with.

Last edited by SIFU; 05-06-2012 at 1:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page