John Kerry`s two-decade long U.S. Senate record of opposing Second Amendment rights makes him the most anti-gun presidential nominee in history! Here’s the proof.
FACT: Kerry co-sponsors a bill that would ban all semi-automatic shotguns and detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles, a gigantic step toward bringing Australian-style gun control to the U.S.1
FACT: Kerry says, "I think you ought to tax all ammunition, personally, I think you ought to tax guns."2
FACT: Kerry has voted nine times in favor of banning semi-auto firearms.3
FACT: Kerry has voted for a Ted Kennedy amendment to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by hunters and target shooters.4
FACT: Kerry has voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres of the California Mojave Desert to hunting.5
Most Recent Ads
* That Dog Don`t Hunt 30 second TV ad (Video TRT 30 seconds)
Wednesday, October 1, 2004
* That Dog Don`t Hunt--John Kerry (PDF format)
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
* NRA Infomercial--John Kerry (Video TRT 13:16)
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
* John Kerry`s Not A Hunter (Video TRT 30 seconds)
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
FACT:Kerry has voted to hold the highly regulated American firearms industry legally responsible for the illegal acts of violent criminals.6
FACT: Kerry was one of only 18 Senators to oppose the Firearms Owners` Protection Act, which ended alarming abuses being committed under the 1968 Gun Control Act.7
FACT:Kerry was one of only 29 Senators to vote to prohibit gun manufacturers from discharging debts created by the reckless lawsuits filed by municipalities.8
FACT:Kerry has voted to allow BATF to conduct unlimited warrantless inspections of FFL holders.9
FACT: Kerry has voted to criminalize legal sales between private individuals at gun shows.10
FACT: Kerry has voted to impose penalties of a year in prison and a $10,000 fine on an adult if a juvenile steals a firearm from him, and then merely displays it in a public place.11
FACT: Kerry has voted to force many small firearms dealers out of business, which would have impacted both the availability and price of guns, particularly in rural areas.12
FACT: Kerry has voted 11 times to force law-abiding citizens to wait to exercise their Second Amendment rights. He voted to keep the federal waiting period after the National Instant Check System was in place.13
FACT: Kerry voted twice to eliminate the Civilian Marksmanship Program.14
FACT: Kerry wants to silence gun owners` voices. When NRA sought the same exemption from campaign finance rules that news organizations have, Kerry called that effort "hijacking America`s airwaves."15
FACT: Kerry commended the Million Mom March for their march on Washington that included calls for gun owner licensing, gun registration and other restrictions on law-abiding gun owners.16
FACT: John Kerry has a 100% voting record with, and earned the endorsement of the Brady Campaign (Formerly Handgun Control, Inc.)—a group that says you have no right to own any gun. And, he repeatedly earns the support of PETA and the Humane Society of the United States—groups who openly want to ban all hunting in America.
If elected president, Kerry will pack the U.S. Supreme Court with Dianne Feinstein/Chuck Schumer/Ted Kennedy-selected anti-gun activists who believe you have no right to own any firearm.
Defend Firearms. Defeat Kerry.
Vote November 2.
For more information on John Kerry, please visit www.nrapvf.org
1. Signed on as co-sponsor of S. 1431 on Nov. 21, 2003.
2. CNN "Late Edition," Nov. 7, 1993.
3. Vote No. 24, March 2, 2004; Vote No. 295, Aug. 25, 1994; Vote No. 294, Aug. 25, 1994; Vote No. 293, Aug. 25, 1994; Vote No. 375, Nov. 17, 1993; Vote No. 365, Nov. 9, 1993; Vote No. 133, June 28, 1990; Vote No. 103, May 23, 1990; Vote No. 102, May 23, 1990.
4. Vote No. 28, March 2, 2004.
5. Vote No. 87, April 12, 1994.
6. Vote No. 24, March 2, 2004; Vote No. 25, March 2, 2004 ("poison pill" amendments).
7. Vote No. 142, July 9, 1985.
8. Vote No. 4, Feb. 2, 2000.
9. Vote No. 140, July 9, 1985.
10. Vote No. 134, May 20, 1999; Vote No. 25, March 2, 2004.
11. Vote No. 118, May 14, 1999; Vote No. 224, July 22, 1998.
12. Vote No. 227, July 30, 1993.
13. Vote No. 141, July 9, 1985; Vote No. 115, June 28, 1991; Vote No. 113, June 28, 1991; Vote No. 278, Nov. 27, 1991; Vote No. 53, Mar. 19, 1992; Vote No. 262, Oct. 2, 1992; Vote No. 385, Nov. 19, 1993; Vote No. 386, Nov. 19, 1993; Vote No. 387, Nov. 19, 1993; Vote No. 390, Nov. 19, 1993; Vote No. 394, Nov. 20, 1993.
14. Vote No. 325 Oct. 12, 1993; Vote No. 178, June 27, 1996.
15. Vote No. 64, April 2, 2001; "Kerry asks FEC to Block NRA Channel," AP, Dec. 9, 2003.
16. Vote No. 104, May 17, 2000.