"new" Osama Video released - updated - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

"new" Osama Video released - updated

Osama bin Laden, in Al-Jazeera video broadcast, campaigns against Bush.
Al-Jazeera Airs Videotape by Bin Laden
Email this Story

Oct 29, 4:45 PM (ET)

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Osama bin Laden, reading a statement to the American people in a new videotape aired Friday, directly admitted for the first time that he ordered the Sept. 11 attacks and said "the best way to avoid another Manhattan" was to stop threatening Muslims' security.

It was the first footage of the al-Qaida leader to surface in more than a year. The video, broadcast on Al-Jazeera, showed bin Laden with a long gray beard, wearing traditional white robes, a turban and a golden cloak reading from papers in front of a plain, brown curtain.

In Washington, the FBI and Justice Department had no immediate assessment of the meaning of the bin Laden tape. Officials said one part of their analysis will be to discern whether there may be hidden messages or clues about a possible future attack against the United States. But they said it was too early to know that yet.

There was no way to determine when the tape was made, although it did refer to next week's presidential elections in the United States.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," bin Laden said, referring to the World Trade Center.

"God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind," he said.

He accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said.

"To the U.S. people, my talk is to you about the best way to avoid another disaster," he said. "I tell you: security is an important element of human life and free people do not give up their security."

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. It is known that those who hate freedom do not have dignified souls, like those of the 19 blessed ones," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

"We fought you because we are free .. and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security we undermine yours."

The image of bin Laden reading a statement was dramatically different from the few other videos of the al-Qaida leader that have emerged since the Sept. 11 attacks.

In the last videotape, issued Sept. 10, 2003, bin Laden is seen walking through rocky terrain with his top deputy Ayman al-Zawahri, both carrying automatic rifles. In a taped message issued at the same time, bin Laden praises the "great damage to the enemy" on Sept. 11 and mentions five hijackers by name.

In December 2001, the Pentagon released a videotape in which bin Laden is shown at a dinner with associates in Afghanistan on Nov. 9, 2001, saying the destruction of the Sept. 11 attacks exceeded even his "optimistic" calculations.

But in none of his previous messages, audio or video, did bin Laden directly state that he ordered the attacks.

The last audiotape purportedly from bin Laden came in April. The speaker on the tape, which CIA analysts said likely was the al-Qaida leader, offered a truce to European nations if they pull troops out of Muslim countries. The tape referred to the March 22 assassination by Israel of Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin.

Al-Zawahri, bin Laden's Egyptian deputy, has spoken on three recent audiotapes that emerged on June 11, Sept. 9 and Oct. 1 this year. In the latest, he called on young Muslims to strike the United States and its allies

Al-Jazeera Airs Videotape by Bin Laden
Email this Story

Oct 29, 4:16 PM (ET)

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - The Arab television station Al-Jazeera aired a video of Osama bin Laden on Friday directly admitting for the first time that he carried out the Sept. 11 attacks and promising to outline "the best way to avoid another Manhattan."

It was the first footage of the al-Qaida leader to surface in more than a year. The video showed bin Laden in traditional white robes, a turban and a cloak reading from papers and standing in front of a plain, brown cloth background.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," bin Laden said.

He said the attack was carried out because "we are a free people ... and we want to regain the freedom of our nation."

He also accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people three years since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137095,00.html
Attached Thumbnails
bl.jpg‎  

I came here to chew bubble gum and to kick some ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Last edited by rocket; 10-29-2004 at 5:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:38 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Re: "new" Osama Video released

The recap I saw was neutral...anti-American, but neither pro Kerry or Bush...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #3 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:44 PM
dB

Reputation Power: 0

Bake, where did you see the neutral version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:47 PM Thread Starter

The printed part is from the AP http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041029/D861AA4G0.html

I put the Foxnews link in for more details. This is a non-partisan issue. This guy needs to be fragged ASAP.

I came here to chew bubble gum and to kick some ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
post #5 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:50 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking for a transcript but here's the CNN version if that's your flavor.

Bin Laden tape: U.S. security depends on policy

Osama bin Laden delivered a new videotaped message in which he told Americans their security does not depend on the president they elect, but on U.S. policy. "Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda," bin Laden said in the video aired on the Arabic language network Al-Jazeera.

FULL STORY

post #6 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:54 PM
dB

The FOX flavor is fine with me, I'm just curious about different slants from different sources. (don't know why, it's nothing new)
post #7 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 4:56 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

.......and we still can't find him.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #8 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 5:07 PM Thread Starter

Any luck finding the video or a transcript?

The "American" terror tape and now this. Sounds funny but watch your six. Keep your eyes open for any suspicious activity. Try not to be in a crowd if you don't have to. They will look for a high casuality oportunity. As we know these boys don't play. Be safe out there guys.

post #9 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dB
Bake, where did you see the neutral version?
That was a joke....it's Bin Laden...and it's on Al Kerryzeera, so of course it's against Bush....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #10 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 5:39 PM
ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
I put the Foxnews link in for more details. This is a non-partisan issue. This guy needs to be fragged ASAP.
Correct - which is why I can get frustrated with people for forgetting 9/11 so quickly. These people want us dead....period. If we don't start taking the threat more seriously we'll get hit again.
post #11 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 6:20 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs
Re: "new" Osama Video released - updated

Hey I am sure there are many black bag ops going on right now to kill the threat. It is just taking longer than I personally would like it to. Too many people moving at once and you get noticed...simple as that.

We might even have people on the inside...who knows

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #12 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 6:22 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

I am always amazed how much he looks like his caricarature on South Park, one goofy looking dude.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #13 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
.......and we still can't find him.
We'll find him about a month after Kerredy takes office.....and he'll be a freaking hero....nevermind that our peeps have been working their asses off the whole time...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
post #14 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 7:43 PM

The report I saw on Yahoo seemed to indicate that the tape was decidedly anti-Bush. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see if it helps or hurts Kerry.

Potential voter take 1 - "We need Bush because Bin Laden obviously hates and fears Bush more than he does Kerry, and Bin Laden wants Kerry to win because he doesn't think he'll come after terror the way Bush does"

Potential voter take 2 - "We need Kerry because Bin Laden hints that attacks on America will be worse because of what Bush is doing to Arab world"

What will reaction be?
post #15 of 49 Old 10-29-2004, 10:33 PM

Looks like he aint seen the light o day in a long, long while

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page