Stay the course by adapting - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Stay the course by adapting

Course correction? White House*tosses Iraq mantra - CNN.com

WTF?!! Are you Bush supporters going to sit there and take this crap? I thought you all worship...liked Bush because he was "The Decider" and he didn't deviate from "the course." I guess James Baker is getting through the fog that is Bush's mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:09 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Stay the course by adapting

Jaim...why are you throwing stones, you got what you wanted right?

I see it as democracy working, the pressure on the admin that they were taking the wrong direction was real, and they realized, the republicans were marching to slaughter.

It's probably a bit late for this election, but it will be helpful in two years.

I REALLY do not want to see another damn Clinton in the White House.

post #3 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:13 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Politics are hilarious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMohawk View Post
Politics are hilarious.
I'm not laughing yet, when does it get funny?
post #5 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:20 PM

No ****.

post #6 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:40 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech View Post
I'm not laughing yet, when does it get funny?
I meant 'depressing.'
post #7 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean View Post
Jaim...why are you throwing stones, you got what you wanted right?
Hmmm, I seem to remember taking a lot of **** form folks on this forum about my views regarding Bush and his cronies. Taking a stand and pointing out the problems with our governments and our leaders is not throwing stones. It is being an American.

I have not gotten what I wanted. GW is a free man still making stupid and illegal decisions and not suffering any of the consequences for his actions.

Quote:
I see it as democracy working, the pressure on the admin that they were taking the wrong direction was real, and they realized, the republicans were marching to slaughter.

It's probably a bit late for this election, but it will be helpful in two years.

I REALLY do not want to see another damn Clinton in the White House.
Sorry but this is way beyond forgive and forget. How many soldiers have died because of the "wrong direction" and "staying the course?" And for what? Political gain? Oil profits? Corporate interests? What has been done by the Bush administration since 9/11 has not done a thing towards fighting terrorism. It has only made it worse. I don't see it as a democracy working. I see it as a large number of rats realizing the ship is sinking and trying to get away from the ship as fast as possible. The rats are looking out for themselves, that's what rats do. A congress is supposed to look out for the American populace, the democracy they represent. And during the last 6 years we have had rats controlling congress and not allowing the representatives to serve the people of the democracy. Pointing out that a leader can't lead only helps a democracy.

I am not sure what your reasons are for hating Clinton so much. He was not one of my favorite presidents but you have to at least acknowledge that while he was in office the world was a much safer place and the U.S. has some significant clout around the world.
post #8 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 7:55 PM

Jaim, Clinton is VERY responsible for the current state of affairs in the world. Why do you think he reacted so violently when it was suggested Bin Laden was partly his problem?

He knows that is true, and doesn't want that little fact gaining traction and marring his legacy of wonderful things like lying under oath befitting of the common criminal he is.

Bush sucks. I don't feel the need to elaborate on him. I knew he sucked when elected. What I am less sure of now, though I believed at the time of both elections, is he was better than the alternative.

Throwing stones was referring to your post here on him changing the course. No more, no less.

As far as your persecution complex regarding the Pres, you have taken, and will continue to take ****, not for your viewpoint so much, but how you express it, and the basis for it.

Last edited by luvtolean; 10-24-2006 at 8:02 PM.
post #9 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:11 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
Hmmm, I seem to remember taking a lot of **** form folks on this forum about my views regarding Bush and his cronies. Taking a stand and pointing out the problems with our governments and our leaders is not throwing stones. It is being an American.

I have not gotten what I wanted. GW is a free man still making stupid and illegal decisions and not suffering any of the consequences for his actions.

Sorry but this is way beyond forgive and forget. How many soldiers have died because of the "wrong direction" and "staying the course?" And for what? Political gain? Oil profits? Corporate interests? What has been done by the Bush administration since 9/11 has not done a thing towards fighting terrorism. It has only made it worse. I don't see it as a democracy working. I see it as a large number of rats realizing the ship is sinking and trying to get away from the ship as fast as possible. The rats are looking out for themselves, that's what rats do. A congress is supposed to look out for the American populace, the democracy they represent. And during the last 6 years we have had rats controlling congress and not allowing the representatives to serve the people of the democracy. Pointing out that a leader can't lead only helps a democracy.

I am not sure what your reasons are for hating Clinton so much. He was not one of my favorite presidents but you have to at least acknowledge that while he was in office the world was a much safer place and the U.S. has some significant clout around the world.
How many people - civilian and military, died because of Klinton? How many of the deaths in Iraq could have been prevented had he done his job as CIC?
post #10 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:23 PM

Jaim, you sound like the typical misinformed citizen. While I won't rule out that OIL thing completely this is more about fighting this HERE or fighting it THERE. Now, How many Americans died during the WTC? OH, guess that is okay to you and we should just "understand" them? I don't think so. OH, what about our embassies in Africa, the COLE, what about the first attack on the WTC, the tunnels in NYC? Have you forgotten about these events. How many innocent Americans died out there for what? Doing their jobs and some protecting the very freedoms you enjoy today. NOT A ONE OF THOSE FREEDOMS CAME FREE. Someone paid the ultimate price back in the revolutionary war so you could sit there in your comfy chair in the greatest democracy in the world and bad mouth your gov't.

BOTTOM LINE, we are in this situation cause the previous administration failed to act in the appropiate manner. That was evident by the man himself during the interview. DOn't blame BUsh cause of where we are today. Put it where it belongs, the previous administration. We either fight this there or here. So tell us, you want this in your backyard???? Come on man, speak up.

Next time you see a Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen, you should buy his lunch/dinner or a drink for him and thank them . His sacrifice allows you the very freedom you enjoy. (FIne, the Coast Guard too). If it wasn't for these brave men and women you would be huddled in your house right now, AFRAID and you damn site wouldn't be on the internet wankin' about the gov't.

Can always move to France.

Last edited by Mojave954; 10-24-2006 at 9:38 PM.
post #11 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
How many people - civilian and military, died because of Klinton? How many of the deaths in Iraq could have been prevented had he done his job as CIC?

In coming REP!
post #12 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave954 View Post
OH, what about our embassies in Africa, the Stark, what about the first attack on the WTC, the tunnels in NYC? Have you forgotten about these events.
No to be picky here sailor boy, but it was the USS Cole.
post #13 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
As far as your persecution complex regarding the Pres, you have taken, and will continue to take ****, not for your viewpoint so much, but how you express it, and the basis for it.

The basis for my opinion about Bush has always been sound. And if my delivery is off putting well to those who don't like. I don't post to be popular.
post #14 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:36 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
The basis for my opinion about Bush has always been sound. And if my delivery is off putting well to those who don't like. I don't post to be popular.
The problem is, your opinion about Bush totally ignores the fact that a lot of the problems he is stuck dealing with were caused by the previous administration.
post #15 of 59 Old 10-24-2006, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
While I don't completely exonorate Clinton for all of his actions in office, but he was going after Bin Laden back in the day when there were very few people in this country knew who he was. He even tried to pass legislation to increase government powers in terrorism surveillance.

But guess what? The republican controlled congress said he was being "to obsessive" with Bin Laden, and refused to pass the bill.

I think Clinton did what he does best, use charm and picked his battles. While he was in office, 3 Major military campaings come to mind:

1) Somalia
2) Bosnia
3) Kosovo

In Somalia, which was inherited from George H. W. Bush, the politicians got involved with Military decisionmaking, and people got killed. The good news was we pulled the hell out of there. We might still be in an Iraq type conflict had we "stayed the course".

In Bosnia, the Srebrenica massacre incident finally caused Clinton to act against popular opinion. NATO's Operation Deliberate Force brought the warring factions out to Dayton, where a peace accord was forged that still stands today. Richard Holbrooke and General Wesley Clark were the two primary US delegates. There were zero military casualties

In Kosovo, the politicians gave General Clark (who was now NATO's Supreme Allied Commander) free rein to get into theater and put in a peacekeeping force. There were zero casualties in this war as well.

Both Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo are well on the way to recovery. Both of those conflicts were Muslim vs. Christian based. We had a post-invasion plan going in, and it worked.

I have seen none of this as President Bush has conducted the Military's affairs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page