The Dixie Chicks Fire Back - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 125 Old 10-27-2006, 9:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

The Dixie Chicks Fire Back

So, we all remember when the Dixie Chicks were huge, but then Natalie Maines said "Just so you know, We're ashamed President Bush is from Texas".

Boy did that change their career. With that one statement.

So, they made a film about it, with a film crew following them for the last 3 years. Here is the trailer.

YouTube - Dixie Chicks Shut up and Sing Trailer=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 Old 10-27-2006, 10:03 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: The Dixie Chicks Fire Back

I've never followed anything regarding them so I never heard that. but what she said is damn funny.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 125 Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

funny that they can complain and if it impacts someone else (the president) it is OK however when they suffer for their statement it is not. Personally I don't listen to pop-country music but I do despise these famous clods that go to a foriegn country and dog the US. If she truly meant it say it at a Texas concert first Air your disagreement in a foreign land is like ripping family at the neighbors (shouldn't be done)

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 125 Old 10-27-2006, 11:25 PM

In an interview with thier manager about the film he said that they have the right, freedom of speach, to say what they want. He then went on to say that it was wrong for people to hold it against them for speaking as they want. When asked about the people's rights to not pay to listen to them he responded by saying that politics doesn't have a place in the arts...

Go figure.
post #5 of 125 Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM

Yep they DO have a right. However don't I have a right to respond

As for anyone that threatened them with harm I hope they are caught and prosecuted to the extent the law allows.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #6 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 2:43 AM

Reputation Power: 20

I never did understand this event as it occured. So they didn't like Pres Bush and made it known. How can Americans be so upset? Do they feel more patriotic by burning & crushing CDs? They attacked a man, not the office. I am always scared at how ignorant we can get sometimes and how easily we can be blinded by anger.

Be fast or be last.
post #7 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 3:08 AM

It seems as though they thought negative publicity would be just as good, if not better for them than positive publicity. Think about it; If something gets to people's emotions then they will usually go and investigate. More is learned and you just got free advertisement.

When they had the little fallout with Toby Keith that was a great thing in their eyes. Why not try and hit someone big?

Their crap backfired. Now, how can we get the rest of Country music to backfire???
post #8 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 3:23 AM

Reputation Power: 19

My feeling when OUR country is at war either your with US or against us..The bitch made a career decision when she opened her damn mouth and it was the wrong 1 I have no pitty for any of them. I may not agree with the way things are being handled but he is the Commander and Chief... That's just my....

If you like to talk **** be sure you have the ass to back it up !! If not SHUT THE FU*K UP !!!!
post #9 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 4:23 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboy69 View Post
My feeling when OUR country is at war either your with US or against us..The bitch made a career decision when she opened her damn mouth and it was the wrong 1 I have no pitty for any of them. I may not agree with the way things are being handled but he is the Commander and Chief... That's just my....
Put you two cents away and understand that the United States is not at War with anybody or anything. Look up what it takes to officially be at war.
As for the Dixie chicks. They can say what they want and I am sure after the backlash they got for saying it they were probably ashamed of a large number of their fellow Americans.
post #10 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
Put you two cents away and understand that the United States is not at War with anybody or anything. Look up what it takes to officially be at war.
As for the Dixie chicks. They can say what they want and I am sure after the backlash they got for saying it they were probably ashamed of a large number of their fellow Americans.
But they love you Jaim

Most people are ashamed of some Americans as we don't all agree (nor have to). However if you make your living by something and make your customers mad do not be suprised when business gets bad. Despite what some think you are always responsible for your actions. When you act there is consequences, good and bad.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #11 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 8:16 AM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

I was ashamed that they'd make such a statement in that forum.

The beauty of the whole situation is that I can chose not to buy any of their music. Many other people have "voiced" their displeasure as well by not giving them any more money.

They have a right to speak, but they need to shut-up about losing the fans/supporters that they offend.

......................not that I was ever a fan anyway!

post #12 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 8:47 AM

True dat dux, just exercise my right not to listen to them. The country station out here won't play them and when they come to town, they don't go nor grant them interviews. Thier right to refuse. If this movie is indeed true, they will wank that it was political that people didn't come and they lost more money on the effort.
post #13 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiliat View Post
I never did understand this event as it occured. So they didn't like Pres Bush and made it known. How can Americans be so upset? Do they feel more patriotic by burning & crushing CDs? They attacked a man, not the office. I am always scared at how ignorant we can get sometimes and how easily we can be blinded by anger.
Simple, their fans disagreed with them and were offended. So they moved on.

They do have the freedom of speech. And so do their fans.

I've always thought it really funny these chicks were upset about the reaction. Hey, in a democracy, people have a right to listen to other music, and they chose to. Your demographic didn't want to hear your bullshit.

My GF likes them, I don't know how in the hell anyone considers that shrill **** music...no matter what they think about Bush.

post #14 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 9:59 AM

I can't seem to find it, but maybe one of our Aussie friends will help me.

There is an Aussie pop singer who has been visiting their troops and vocally supporting them.

She has come under sharp criticism for this apparently, similar to the Dixie Chicks, but like opposite.

I can't find it, but instead of the miserable whiny response of the Chicks, she made a great song to those fans who were complaining.

post #15 of 125 Old 10-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
Jaim, why do you continuously run around the board doing causing conflict? I think you are just as attention deprived as the "Chicks" are. Everytime I see you make a post it is nothing more than an argument. In fact, I will guarantee that I just started a bigger argument by confronting you about the matter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page