Jobs Americans won't take - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-21-2006, 3:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Jobs Americans won't take

A good example of jobs American's won't take so we need illegal aliens

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-21-2006, 3:45 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Jobs Americans won't take

We have one next to our work. One of them went postal a few years back taking out 17 people if I remember right. Not too long ago, most people in this small town spoke English. Interesting how our society has changed in the last 30 years.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-21-2006, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
A good example of jobs American's won't take so we need illegal aliens

didn't it say the line was out the door of new applicants and that citizens were applying?

Or was that facetious....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-21-2006, 3:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthotchkiss View Post
didn't it say the line was out the door of new applicants and that citizens were applying?

Or was that facetious....?
Sheep are sooo sneeky

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 11 Old 12-21-2006, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaway View Post
Not too long ago, most people in this small town spoke English. Interesting how our society has changed in the last 30 years.

Yeah, you're right. And if you look further back is changed even more .
Remember when everybody spoke Cherokee? Those were the days... Now everything keeps changing on us. Kinda scary isn't it?
post #6 of 11 Old 12-23-2006, 4:55 AM

Reputation Power: 18

The problem keeps getting mis-stated by the press. Here is how it should be said. "Illegals are getting jobs employers won't pay American wages for."

Where I live, when the house building market was at its peek, you couldn't find a non-hispanic (and probably no U.S. citizens) at a construction site. And those were all jobs sought after by many people I knew. But the employers for those jobs (mostly large construction companies) wouldn't even take skilled U.S. licensed tradesmen for any of those construction jobs.

How are Americans, living by the rules of law, paying taxes, expecting some health benefits, supposed to compete with illegals who are willing to work for next to nothing, mostly cash under the table, no benefits and unwilling or unable to complain about their employment?
post #7 of 11 Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
The problem keeps getting mis-stated by the press. Here is how it should be said. "Illegals are getting jobs employers won't pay American wages for."

Where I live, when the house building market was at its peek, you couldn't find a non-hispanic (and probably no U.S. citizens) at a construction site. And those were all jobs sought after by many people I knew. But the employers for those jobs (mostly large construction companies) wouldn't even take skilled U.S. licensed tradesmen for any of those construction jobs.

How are Americans, living by the rules of law, paying taxes, expecting some health benefits, supposed to compete with illegals who are willing to work for next to nothing, mostly cash under the table, no benefits and unwilling or unable to complain about their employment?
Holy Crap Jaim !!!!!!!!!!!! You just made sense and didn't piss me off while trying to do it.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-23-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Well said! I think that is the root of the problem too.
Next question, will the product consumers (homes, whatever) support the additional dollar cost to the bottom line that using a legitimate work force will add?

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-24-2006, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelover View Post
Next question, will the product consumers (homes, whatever) support the additional dollar cost to the bottom line that using a legitimate work force will add?
This is also where a misconception lies. Why would products cost more? Passing the cost onto the consumer is only because those making a profit on the products won't take less profit for their products. It seems a lot of the problem stems from unbridled greed. Stocks must show increases each quarter, executives "must" be paid more each year, and so it goes. So instead of halting the money drain in those areas, prices are raised. This is a simplistic view and there are many more variables in this equation but saying that prices automatically have to go up because workers would be getting real wages and benefits is not completely accurate and only fuels the false argument for illegals.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-24-2006, 7:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelover View Post
Illegal aliens depress wages for the lower classes. The better wages will more than offset the added costs. The upper class on the other hand will have to start paying fair wages for their maids or learn to clean toilets. Sucks when your slave escapes (oops I mean illegal alien) doesn't it Mr. Hollyweird liberal :-)

Must obey the sheep dog
post #11 of 11 Old 12-25-2006, 1:00 AM

Quote:
This is also where a misconception lies. Why would products cost more? Passing the cost onto the consumer is only because those making a profit on the products won't take less profit for their products. It seems a lot of the problem stems from unbridled greed. Stocks must show increases each quarter, executives "must" be paid more each year, and so it goes. So instead of halting the money drain in those areas, prices are raised. This is a simplistic view and there are many more variables in this equation but saying that prices automatically have to go up because workers would be getting real wages and benefits is not completely accurate and only fuels the false argument for illegals.
I am not saying prices will automatically go up because workers will be getting real wages and benefits, but the reality is that they will. You are right, the corporate fat cats should take more of a financial hit to make the workers lives better, but we know how that will go...
I see a different market in my area in the housing industry. There are plenty of small builders who have to meet the sometimes unrealistic low prices consumers want. Yes they can lower their profit margins, but in a lot of cases not much. The mean home price will go up if no illegals are used.
I read something once that Conrad Hilton wrote, "The seller is entitled to make a profit, the buyer is entitled to a fair price. Somewhere in the middle is the going rate." As best as I can remember, anyway.
Would be nice if everyone involved could play by those rules without the greed factor. "If only..."

Conquer yourself rather than the world.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page