Bush speech - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 01-11-2007, 1:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Bush speech

So did Bush give a speech today? What did he say? How many here are still backing the guy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-11-2007, 2:49 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Bush speech

I'll back him. I've been to that part of the world and "bullets are just another form of birth control" over there. It does seem to be about two years too late, and we can thank Rumsfeld for that!
post #3 of 20 Old 01-11-2007, 3:15 AM

Good speech, i agree with him, However, I do think this should have been done a long time ago.
On the other hand, I have not been there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-11-2007, 7:49 AM

Reputation Power: 19

I agree..

If you like to talk **** be sure you have the ass to back it up !! If not SHUT THE FU*K UP !!!!
post #5 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 4:58 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 18

Seems others around the world didn't agree and are not going to follow along with this new plan. TheStar.com - News - British to continue pullout from Iraq

And frankly, I think anyone who thinks that sending more American troops into Iraq is a good idea is no longer in touch with reality.
post #6 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 8:51 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuski View Post
I'll back him. I've been to that part of the world and "bullets are just another form of birth control" over there. It does seem to be about two years too late, and we can thank Rumsfeld for that!
You really think Rumsfeld is to blame for all of this?

-jh
post #7 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonda41 View Post
You really think Rumsfeld is to blame for all of this?

-jh
Yeah, pretty much. Colin Powell, the only part of the administration that had actually been involved in a war in that theater of operations recommended that over 400k troops would be needed for an invasion. Sure we could knock out Saddams half ass military with much less, but a massive amount of troops would be needed to keep the sectarian violence from becoming a problem. Rumsfeld decided to do the invasion with a skeleton crew and look where we are now (TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY PHUCKED!).

I was in Desert Storm where we really were a "coalition of the willing" we had over 500k troops - I think Rummy went in with less than 150k.

It's too late now - there is nothing we can do. Pull out and we're screwed, stay in and we're screwed. The only solution was to not go in the first place - but again - too late now.
post #8 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 AM

Reputation Power: 21

I would like to see Bush get his troops, so that there is no one but him to blame when the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket.

That is a bit mean though, since the "troops" are Americans, with hopes, dreams, and families here. They are sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, and more, and are needed here as well. I really hate the thought of putting 20K more Americans in harm's way just to satisfy some politician's longings.

The Generals should be the ones who say whether or not they need more troops anyway, should'nt they?
post #9 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 11:41 AM

20k troops is not going to get it done. That region has been in conflict for centuries and it is not going to change. England has stated they are pulling out this summer. We should have never gone over there in the first place. This is a complete clusterfuk.

Wanna know how much it's costing?

National Priorities Project - Cost of War

Who do you think is going to have to foot the bill? Yup, US, the American taxpayer.
post #10 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
thanks for depressing me even more

-jh
post #11 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 PM

For me it comes down to this:
pull out now, immediately and with no warning.
If in the future it becomes a terrorists nest, flatten the place out on a daily basis until the threat stops.

In the future we should stop the nation reconstruction business. We should limit ourselves to take advantage of black ops groups and take out only heads of groups and governments willing to threaten the US of A. Invasions are too much of a hassle. After a few operations they'll get the message, otherwise just keep taking terrorists out.

Then again all this "new" approach might just be an excuse to drop the ball on the Iraqi government side and when they keep screwing it, the situation will provide an excuse to pull out.
post #12 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM

REVALATIONS!

::discuss::
post #13 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 PM

[quote=onevcs;565198]...If in the future it becomes a terrorists nest, flatten the place out on a daily basis until the threat stops.

In the future we should stop the nation reconstruction business. We should limit ourselves to take advantage of black ops groups and take out only heads of groups and governments willing to threaten the US of A. Invasions are too much of a hassle. After a few operations they'll get the message, otherwise just keep taking terrorists out...

quote]

Unfortunately that approach (flattening them) IMHO wont stop the terrorists...it may increase their numbers...which is what I suspect the happened since we invaded. Also world opinion of the US would get even worse considering there are actually Iraqi citizens that are innocent and just to live their lives...imagine bombing a few of their homes.

As far as reconstructing I think we should stop invading so we dont have to reconstruct. My $.02.
post #14 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 2:05 PM

[/quote]
Unfortunately that approach (flattening them) IMHO wont stop the terrorists...it may increase their numbers...which is what I suspect the happened since we invaded. Also world opinion of the US would get even worse considering there are actually Iraqi citizens that are innocent and just to live their lives...imagine bombing a few of their homes.

As far as reconstructing I think we should stop invading so we dont have to reconstruct. My $.02.[/quote]

World opinion can't get much worse than it is now.
There are many more terrorist now than before the invasion started, that's for sure. We need to hunt them without regards to other countrie's borders or complaints. The "can I bomb this within your borders?" approach is obviously not working very well. There a thread, take it out NOW.
The US is trying to be too nice to other countries which, willingly or not, are helping terrorist.
War is becoming too soft. War is War. They die or we die.
post #15 of 20 Old 01-12-2007, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevcs
The US is trying to be too nice to other countries which, willingly or not, are helping terrorist.
War is becoming too soft. War is War. They die or we die.
this is true. we should have taken some real action.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page