trouble in okinawa - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 80 Old 02-10-2007, 3:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

trouble in okinawa

i recently have been stationed in okinawa japan. which i must say is a sweet deal being a tropical island and all but unfortunately they (the locals) are a bunch of racist bastards who like to f*** the americans. Problem is getting bikes that you have shipped over here registered. The way they say it costs over $2,000 and means shipping your bike to mainland just to get the damn brakes checked despite the fact that its a brand new honda. So my question is if any of the riders on here are on okinawa and know a way around this sham. I would deffinately love to here it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 9:16 AM
rb1

Re: trouble in okinawa

Before you go around calling people racists, stop to think how you would feel if some foreign government occupied 20% of your home country with their military personel-- people who didn't think like you, didn't look like you, didn't speak like you, didn't act like you. Now, imagine that some of those foreign military agents kidnapped and raped your sisters and daughters from time to time, for their amusement. Would you be inclined to help those foreigners obtain their toys?
post #3 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1 View Post
Before you go around calling people racists, stop to think how you would feel if some foreign government occupied 20% of your home country with their military personel-- people who didn't think like you, didn't look like you, didn't speak like you, didn't act like you. Now, imagine that some of those foreign military agents kidnapped and raped your sisters and daughters from time to time, for their amusement. Would you be inclined to help those foreigners obtain their toys?
Ten bucks says your an American hating, Hillary supporting flaming liberal Jane Fonda esc protester who wants to get out of the middle east ASAP at any cost AND you voted for John Kerry in the last national presidential election cycle.

Who wants to take this bet?

As for the original poster, buy a toys on the island that you can't get here in the states, and send me a 20b while you are at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 9:41 AM
rb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
Ten bucks says your an ... Who wants to take this bet?
I'd take that bet, and I'd win. You know nothing about me.

The point is: many of the residents of Okinawa feel the way I described. That doesn't make them racists. That means they don't like being an occupied country, and they aren't too pleased with the people occupying their land.

How would you like it if Mexico occupied 20% of Texas with their military bases? What if it were China, or Russia, or Syria, etc.?
post #5 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 9:57 AM

Why do we have the base in Okinawa?

Read about why here:

Battle of Okinawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
-George Santayana
post #6 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:

How would you like it if Mexico occupied 20% of Texas with their military bases?
Mexico occupies about 90% of Texas, but not with military bases
post #7 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
rb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason View Post
Why do we have the base in Okinawa?
How we got there (the why) isn't as important as the effect of being there. I'm not arguing politics, nor foreign policy. I simply described how many on the island feel. You'd probably feel the same way under similar circumstances. Nobody likes to have their country occupied by a foreign military power. Nobody.
post #8 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
How we got there (the why) isn't as important as the effect of being there. I'm not arguing politics, nor foreign policy. I simply described how many on the island feel. You'd probably feel the same way under similar circumstances. Nobody likes to have their country occupied by a foreign military power. Nobody.
Honestly, I don't give a damn what they think. This isn't a popularity contest to see who is most liked.

Now go spread your hate America politically correct BS somewhere else. Your not helping this guy with his problem.
post #9 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Buy a Japanese market bike. Problem solved. Aparently, the Japanese make quite a decent motorcycle. Or so I'm told.
post #10 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM

Reputation Power: 27

Ya, it's hard shipping an exotic, non DOT approved car to the USA also. And it would cost you alot more than $2000.00.
Proto has the right idea.

Ride Red
post #11 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 11:14 AM

I think the easiest solution may be to just keep your eyes open for an American on a similar bike and just ask him how he/she did it.
post #12 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Reputation Power: 15

I live in Southern California. Residents of Mexico make up WELL over 20% of the population here. It has caused a lot of problems ranging from overcrowded schools and jails, uninsured, unlicenced motorists, overwhelmed health care system, etc. If I don't like it, am I racist, or is it ok?
post #13 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAXX View Post
I live in Southern California. Residents of Mexico make up WELL over 20% of the population here. It has caused a lot of problems ranging from overcrowded schools and jails, uninsured, unlicenced motorists, overwhelmed health care system, etc. If I don't like it, am I racist, or is it ok?
As long as you don't like "people" doing things that are illegal, you're fine, it's when you say I don't like "Mexicans" who are doing things that are illegal.

The Mexicans are not to blame per se, it's some people that happen to be from Mexico.

( or something like that )
post #14 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Reputation Power: 20

buy the bike there if you can. 2000 to ship plus the extras i don't know how long your stay is but another 2000 to ship back would suck too. I'd probably just finiance the bike there, and sell it if you do happen to leave before the bike is paid off, or just sell it anyways. good luck either way.
post #15 of 80 Old 02-12-2007, 2:10 PM

I don't like illegal aliens.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page