A new hit squad... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 03-22-2007, 7:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

A new hit squad...

So, I was thinking today, that we (the USA) should recruit 150 of the best "real" special-ops guys from the Air Force, Army, and Navy (Read: Special Ops Tactical Wing, Space Command, Delta shooters, Special Forces Engineers and Medical sergeants, SeAL Team 6 Counter-Terror operators) with a host of language skills, and every ethnic-look represented, and just start killing the leaders of unfriendly nations, terrorist organizations, and the like. Enough is enough, and I am sick of reading about dead American boys and girls.

Diplomacy only works when there is a sense of equality, and there can't be equality in the war on terror with our current policy of not addressing the causes of anti-American fervor and the Terrorists' refusal to stop the killing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-22-2007, 7:45 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: A new hit squad...

I've thought the same thing. I don't think it would take 150 even. 25-30 could probably get the job done.
post #3 of 18 Old 03-22-2007, 7:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
I've thought the same thing. I don't think it would take 150 even. 25-30 could probably get the job done.
Too few, methinks...There need to be armorers, facilities managers, etc...And, because of the breadth of cultures and languages necessary for the shooters to melt into/be fluent in, more folks would be necessary. Additionally, say 10-20 actively working in some role (even just as surveillance on a known dead-drop or something), the intensity of the mission(need to be flexible, fluid plans, lots of improvisation, very intense periods of training, etc, I think there will be a need for lots of down time in between deployments (which may or may not last too long, depending on the mission) and more likely than not a high attrition rate, and most significantly, there will probably be a high number of combat losses. I was thinking strength on the level of an Infantry company, plus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 03-22-2007, 8:16 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Okay, I see your point...I've spent to much time watching "The Unit"
post #5 of 18 Old 03-22-2007, 8:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
Okay, I see your point...I've spent to much time watching "The Unit"
I met CSM Haney, a plank-owner, the senior founding NCO of Delta, and a Tech Advisor to the show (and the author of the book on which they based the show, I think...Inside Delta Force, or something like that...) Scary dude. Delta started out on paper as 150 man unit, and ended up now over a thousand...And it almost got disbanded after the Desert One fiasco...
post #6 of 18 Old 03-24-2007, 4:40 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbear View Post
So, I was thinking today, that we (the USA) should recruit 150 of the best "real" special-ops guys from the Air Force, Army, and Navy (Read: Special Ops Tactical Wing, Space Command, Delta shooters, Special Forces Engineers and Medical sergeants, SeAL Team 6 Counter-Terror operators) with a host of language skills, and every ethnic-look represented, and just start killing the leaders of unfriendly nations, terrorist organizations, and the like. Enough is enough, and I am sick of reading about dead American boys and girls.

Diplomacy only works when there is a sense of equality, and there can't be equality in the war on terror with our current policy of not addressing the causes of anti-American fervor and the Terrorists' refusal to stop the killing...
The hard work isn't carrying out the assasinations. The manpower intensive and extremely expensive tasks remain to be intelligence gathering. 150 of your best isn't going to be good enough to infiltrate, you need to incorporate local elements.

I doubt the Pentagon is actively applying diplomacy to their counter-terror agenda, but spying is definitely on the top of their list. Here's why: Bad Intel = Dead Americans. Good Intel = Surgical Precision Airstrike & Dead targets.
post #7 of 18 Old 03-24-2007, 2:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to slorider18

Quote:

you think too much ...today i'm going out on the twisties, that way i don't have to think.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-24-2007, 2:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to slorider18

good idea by the way.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyGod View Post
The hard work isn't carrying out the assasinations. The manpower intensive and extremely expensive tasks remain to be intelligence gathering. 150 of your best isn't going to be good enough to infiltrate, you need to incorporate local elements.

I doubt the Pentagon is actively applying diplomacy to their counter-terror agenda, but spying is definitely on the top of their list. Here's why: Bad Intel = Dead Americans. Good Intel = Surgical Precision Airstrike & Dead targets.
The most man-power and financially-costly aspects are, you are absolutely correct, infiltration, intelligence gathering, and the analysis of elint, humint, and history...

However, we are already doing that part (perhaps not well, but wouldn't that be another thread's topic?), and what we are not doing is carrying out illegal killings, and terrorist-style attacks on the terrorists (and other unfriendly nations), and that is what I was suggesting in a fit of macho-pique...

Obviously, it is all testosterone-driven fantasy, but I would really like to see greater operational use in a practical sense, of our elite forces...I have friend who is a Ranger (75th Reg- a real Ranger, not tab-only) and spends his deployment in Iraq teaching regular units to perform vehicle searches, and stuff, rather than conducting raids or other combat ops...I don't get it...
post #10 of 18 Old 03-27-2007, 6:08 PM

Quote:
and what we are not doing is carrying out illegal killings, and terrorist-style attacks on the terrorists (and other unfriendly nations)...
Who says we don't do this? National security is not public knowledge. A Ex-FSB operative doesn't just die of radiation posioning at random. CIA run similar operations without being sloppy all the time. Because they don't get caught very often doesn't mean the dirty work isn't carried out.
post #11 of 18 Old 03-27-2007, 8:54 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:

This type of group already exists

01 CBR 929
08 Ducati 1098

Florida Trackdays

GiveGab

post #12 of 18 Old 03-28-2007, 3:21 AM

Reputation Power: 18

I think organizations like this do exist but unfortunately I think they infiltrate opposition groups and help them to destablize a country we want destablized. And for what purpose you might ask. Well to bolster the need for military appropriations, to damage trade agreements between countries the U.S. doesn't want trading with each other, to all corporations to get a foothold in a country they might not have been able to get into before, the list goes on and on.

Hatred towards the U.S. isn't some emotion developed overnight. There are usually some very deep and justifiable reasons people around the world hate the U.S. Sure there are fanatics but when leaders of countries who would benefit from being our allies hate us something more is going on.
post #13 of 18 Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-929 View Post
This type of group already exists
No, it does not. One of the first things they impress upon you when you test for Delta (I did not get selected) is that, contrary to popular opinion, NO secret unit in the military (and there are at least 3 that are not on the general accounting books at all) conducts actually-illegal operations, in direct contravention of the clauses of the Geneva Convention, treaties, and executive orders. That is why this was a fantasy. My former unit, (after I left) although having the somewhat dubious honor of rescuing jessica fisher, killed people as a primary job description. Not "trained to" but actually did the deed...And generally not during some large force-mobilization, either...But again, though we worked with everybody, nobody was doing what I advocate here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim View Post
I think organizations like this do exist but unfortunately I think they infiltrate opposition groups and help them to destablize a country we want destablized. And for what purpose you might ask. Well to bolster the need for military appropriations, to damage trade agreements between countries the U.S. doesn't want trading with each other, to all corporations to get a foothold in a country they might not have been able to get into before, the list goes on and on.

Hatred towards the U.S. isn't some emotion developed overnight. There are usually some very deep and justifiable reasons people around the world hate the U.S. Sure there are fanatics but when leaders of countries who would benefit from being our allies hate us something more is going on.
Well, according to the Marshall Plan, we have been doing some of what you say for decades...But, these were not surgical strike assasination teams like I suggest, but more an inter disciplinary team sponsored by US intelligence directors to gain control or influence of a particular gov't/region/sphere of influence.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 AM

I doubt Intelligence agencies follow the same conventions as the military. Just the about the only the CIA is limited from doing is domestic spying. Everything else is still on the table. That's not to say that CIA wouldn't request logistical support from the military.
post #15 of 18 Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

They are not allowed to assasinate of heads of state.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page