Ausralian Federal Election Soon - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
John Howard 3 37.50%
Kevin Rudd 5 62.50%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 10-09-2007, 6:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Ausralian Federal Election Soon

So when Howard steps up and calls it which way are the Aussie members here going to vote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-10-2007, 1:04 AM

Reputation Power: 21

Re: Ausralian Federal Election Soon

Im busy working on the election - Im doing the computer systems for Seven and Sky News. So Im sort of happy that he hasnt called it yet - more time to get ready.

Im also in Howards electorate - so that will be interesting, see if the PM loses his own seat.

As for which way - Im leaning to the ALP mainly because Rudd has come out and said he will try to bring in fixed terms and a fixed election date!
That would be so good!!! I booked my Phillip Island tix months ago knowing if the election was on this weekend Id have to tear up the tickets.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-10-2007, 1:23 AM Thread Starter

Well mate I hope they don't work you too hard! Your in for a busy time - was it true the Liberal website got hacked today? I heard it on the radio.

Anyway, Howard is clever, the longer this drags out the more time Rudd is exposed to errors and he's making a few, they are still the labour party. At the end of the day and I hope the Australian public is smart enough to see that. Julia Gillard? Seriously??? No way from where I sit, she's got about as much appeal as gravel rash and Rudd is a nice guy but he's a light weight and I hope they can expose it before election time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-10-2007, 4:36 AM

The problem for the Libs is that while they have a good reputation on economic matters they are behind on other issue - now the economy has turned a bit, interest rates are up, people start to think that the other guys cant be any worse (they can! not saying they are, just that people often make funny assumptions)

It will be an interesting election and is certainly to be a big swing back to Labor. Could be anything from the Coalition scraping home to an ALP landslide.
post #5 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 7:43 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 109

As not too many Ozzies have engaged on this topic, I'd like to. From the news we get over here (Asia Pacific, BBC, Fox) it seems that although Rudd can for the most part get his point across clearly and succinctly, he does't do it with any gravitas. I could imagine him back-peddalling with another head-of-state and would wonder if he was getting the best deal for his country.
Howard, on the other hand, has at least some gravitas but, in addtion, that sort of small man complex-like drive that makes you think "I might not like him but I know he'll get the majority of what he's fighting for."
post #6 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 5:38 PM

I definitely agree on Howard - while he might not be liked I think most people think he is good at the job and has shown to have what it takes to be a leader.
post #7 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 5:52 PM Thread Starter

Some of those TV ads are pretty good, a lot of people who will vote this election don't know what a big mess the unions made of Australia. Not to mention the fact the Rudd rhyms with Dudd and I think the man is as soft as butter and green and St Pats day. And Gillard??? Every time she opens her mouth I expect a forked tounge to slither out. Every time Labour gets in they make a big mess for the Liberals to clean up. You can't put a soft pussy like Rudd on the world stage and expect Australia to be taken seriously. There are so many reasons not to vote labour...
post #8 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 PM

Then again how big a deal is it to have a leader who is a player on the world stage? (or even thinks he is a player!)

And I think Rudd and the Labor party have moved far more towards the centre - actually both parties are moving towards each other rather than further apart.

Anyway - watch Seven or SkyNews and see my numbers go to air!
Just dont blame me for the actual look - Im not the graphics artists, just the computer and number cruncher guy!
post #9 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknose View Post
Then again how big a deal is it to have a leader who is a player on the world stage? (or even thinks he is a player!)
A pretty big deal I think. You know, international trade, defence and all that important stuff. I don't agree with everything little John has done it's just that alternative sucks. As for work choices it's a better alternative than unions. I will keep an eye out for your numbers
post #10 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

I don't get a vote but I love when y'all politicians just come out and say the truth. The spineless girls we have over here either babble for a while without actually saying anything. If not they do the "politically correct" thing which also generally is void of content.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #11 of 33 Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mate ours get stuck right in to it - And the TV ads are just a big mud slinging fest. "I've known Kevin Rudd for 20 years and he could'nt go 3 rounds with Whinnie the Poo" - And we the tax payers are funding this crap fest.
post #12 of 33 Old 11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Supporting Member

Bigdaddy it might well be a crap slinging fest sponsored by you but at least you get some entertainment for your money. It makes me laugh watching it (thanks)
As Sheep said (and it's absolutely the same in the UK), our politicians only offer complete and unequivocal non-commitment or (please excuse me Sheep) following blindly the popular vote like sheep. I'd much rather have politicians say what they feel. Even if I completely disagree with them, I would feel they were more human and in touch with some form of reality (if losely) connected to my own. Brits only laugh at the irony during election time in the UK.
post #13 of 33 Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffrog View Post
Bigdaddy it might well be a crap slinging fest sponsored by you but at least you get some entertainment for your money. It makes me laugh watching it (thanks)
As Sheep said (and it's absolutely the same in the UK), our politicians only offer complete and unequivocal non-commitment or (please excuse me Sheep) following blindly the popular vote like sheep. I'd much rather have politicians say what they feel. Even if I completely disagree with them, I would feel they were more human and in touch with some form of reality (if losely) connected to my own. Brits only laugh at the irony during election time in the UK.
No worries my wooly army is massing on your borders (and NZ). Y'all are the first to fall when world domination starts

Must obey the sheep dog
post #14 of 33 Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Supporting Member

Not on my borders though!
post #15 of 33 Old 11-16-2007, 8:25 PM

Id love to see how someone masses on the aussie border - you would need a few boats!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page