Sarah Palin As McCains VP Choice - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 4:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Sarah Palin As McCains VP Choice

I've been looking at the American presidential race while chewing over the https://www.fireblades.org/forums/pol...ler-obama.html thread and working out my response to the lastest post.. and I was wondering what the American public thought of his choice of person to run with him as Vice President..

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 4:16 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Sarah Palin As McCains VP Choice

These are desperate times. The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages along with the prospect of wars in several regions. The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.
post #3 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 6:07 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover130 View Post
The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages
We are? No, it's just OPEC reducing the amount of oil they supply to raise prices.

Quote:
along with the prospect of wars in several regions.
Maybe it is time for the US to let others be the police. Countries hate us but love our money. Maybe it is time that they:
A) Take out money and keep their mouth shut.
B) Talk all they want but don't get a dime.

There are their two options.

Quote:
The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.
What experienece? Maybe a degree from Harvard in presidential matters? Palin has executive experience and McCain has many years of political experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 6:56 PM

On the bright side, she does have a nice smile.

Last edited by Grover130; 09-25-2008 at 3:58 PM.
post #5 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 7:11 PM

Reputation Power: 0

desperate move from a desperate campaign... would he have picked a woman if hilary did not have the support that she had. He did not pick her because of all of her experience in foreign affairs, National politics, or anything. What did she do before being gov of alaska? She was a city council member of some little town....Im not against her by any means but I am against McSame and his motives
post #6 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 7:13 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I've been watching both these threads, and alot of good points are being brought to surface.

Palin has to be a valuable option. If McCain takes ill, she very well could be the first female VP, and President. I hope she has the ability to stand up for whats right and not whats good for her political future.
post #7 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 7:18 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Haven View Post
I've been watching both these threads, and alot of good points are being brought to surface.

Palin has to be a valuable option. If McCain takes ill, she very well could be the first female VP, and President. I hope she has the ability to stand up for whats right and not whats good for her political future.
Then what good is Obama if he has no experience at all? To me, he is like a used car salesman; slick and fast talking but always needs to go to the boss (Biden) to seek approval.

Palin:
Gov. Palin Urges Sen. Cowdery To Resign | Alaska Superstation -- Alaska News, Weather and Sports -- Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau
post #8 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Then what good is Obama if he has no experience at all? To me, he is like a used car salesman; slick and fast talking but always needs to go to the boss (Biden) to seek approval.

Yet another good point. We are on the verge of promoting someone the most powerful position in the world, with no experience.

But, that also means that if they have no experience, they may not be corrupted by Washington's current state.

Not FOR anyone here. Just making debatable points.
post #9 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 8:02 PM

Quote:
These are desperate times. The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages along with the prospect of wars in several regions. The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.
I think we should mind our own business for a while and keep our hands to our selfs. Then when Russia starts kicking down doors many countries will then want to be our friends again and like us. Just kidding.
post #10 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 8:05 PM

I hope Sarah can change this kind of behavior.

Last edited by Grover130; 09-25-2008 at 3:58 PM.
post #11 of 45 Old 08-30-2008, 8:08 PM

If he keeps that up more gay liberals might vote for him.
post #12 of 45 Old 08-31-2008, 1:21 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Haven View Post
But, that also means that if they have no experience, they may not be corrupted by Washington's current state.
But he is stating "Change" but when asked about his voting record and voting "present" instead of "for" or "against" he said that this is what the others were doing to make a point. For someone to state they want change, then why is he doing the same as the others? Looks to me that he is on the same ship as all the others; SS Corruption.
post #13 of 45 Old 09-01-2008, 1:40 PM

Back to the issue of Palin.

Not that this is wrong... But... Her daughter is underage, unwed, and pregnant. It was just posted on Fox News as confirmed. How is that going to affect her campaign? She is expected to be popular with voters in the south and christians just like McCain. Both of which usually oppose teenage pregnancy.
post #14 of 45 Old 09-01-2008, 3:00 PM
Global Moderator

Clinton; Smoked weed (but never inhaled), whitewater scandal and you had the “hookers” as well and this was before he was president. He even got reelected. His wife got a senator seat and she was involved in many of the scandals he was. I don't think it will matter.

Ever think that Palin is more in touch with reality and doesn't live a sheltered life like most politicians? That is why she is better than Biden.
post #15 of 45 Old 09-08-2008, 5:03 AM

Reputation Power: 18

At 72 some might suggest that a vote for McCain is a vote for Palin.... When you look at recent US political history and the two options in the running for the top job you could be forgiven for asking yourself if the system is broken.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page