Obama Election Triggers National Rush On Guns - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 Old 11-25-2008, 4:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Obama Election Triggers National Rush On Guns

Are you stocking up on your guns and ammo?
Quote:
Barack Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns."
Obama election triggers national gun rush

However, a 1996 Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire asked Obama during his first run for Illinois Senate, "Do you support state legislation to ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns?" and "Do you support state legislation to ban assault weapons?" He replied "yes" to both questions, though he now claims his handwriting was not on the questionnaire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 Old 11-25-2008, 8:51 AM

Reputation Power: 162

Re: Obama Election Triggers National Rush On Guns

I always like to point at the MSM and how reporters dealt with gun control etc in the past.

There was a series I found from web pages going back a couple years. The themes were, is gun crime getting worse, loose southern dealers sell crime guns into the north, assault weapons are powerful, and wackos with guns create serious shootouts with police. The highlight was a staffer at what I think was the ATF firearms storeroom calling a M82 a "Barrett 50 caliber machine gun".
Here's digestion, it hasn't appeared on the msnbc website yet
http://www.alphecca.com/?p=1055
I call it the MSM Bravo Sierra.

After searching I noticed that I was originally wrong and it's already starting on their site. msnbc.com Video Player

And sh!t like that makes people buy arms and stock up.

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
post #3 of 108 Old 11-25-2008, 4:58 PM

Reputation Power: 17

It's true. Me and my pops went to go pick up his 9mm browning and Rock Island .38super that he just purchased. We were talking to the shop owner and he said that buisness has really picked up since Obama won the election. It maybe an over reaction. But my pops would rather not take the chances and is purchasing all the firearms that he has had his eye on lately. The S&W 500 with the 8 3/4" barrel is the next on the list as we think they will ban this handgun in California in the very near future. The S&W500 rounds are rediculous in price, but it is one bad arse gun. I shot one at the local range and it was awsome. It was suprisingly accurate and the holes were easy in the target (no need for those flourescent flaking targets). I'd like to see Mr.Roker pull a few rounds off on that Bad Boy. Now that would be hilarious. It's not a gun it's a hand cannon.

9mm browning BDM:

Rock Island 38 Super:

S&W 500:

Last edited by BigBassTurd; 11-25-2008 at 5:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 9:34 PM

Reputation Power: 11

THEY ALREADY SHOWED US WHAT THEY THOUGHT Eric Holder wrote an amicus brief in the Heller Case before the Supremes and clearly stated there is no Individual right to possess a gun or to self-defense! He is the new Attorney Gerneral! Guns will go through the roof and ammo will be banned unless it is encoded and will cost a fortune! Reloading like I love to do will gone. Carter did it/Clinton did it/BHussein will do it. Jeb
post #5 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 9:46 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

The Supreme Court has ruled that it is an individual right; so the AG cannot do squat about it. While the gov't can try to tax the sh!t out of the ammo, I don't think they will. The ammo companies make too much money and they have a card they can play; the gov't adds taxes in, the ammo companies can increase the cost of ammo to the gov't; I think a 10,000% increase will work.
post #6 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM

Reputation Power: 12

We don't have gun's and we do ok!
post #7 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Global Moderator

But our country was founded upon them. It wasn't an gov't army that defeated the British; but the common man.
post #8 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM

point being tho!
Not every person in every home needs a gun!!
It's only in the last 10 years over here that crime involving guns has become more of the norm!
but I remember growing up you would hear of somebody being shot and think..
WOW America again.
we just didn't have gun crime.
ye sure IRA members had them but they are more of an unofficial army that common man!
if you guy's didn't all have em you wouldn't all need em!
post #9 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator

Why let the criminals have the advantage? I have no issue in defending myself. If someone wants to break-in, they get a parting gift. They want one of my bikes, they get a parting gift. I will make sure they take an early retirement from their job.
post #10 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:30 PM

but if you couldnt just buy guns over the counter the chance of a criminal coming in you house with a gun would be slim..
if you can buy them over the counter then if you interested in criminal activity then you just buy a bigger one!!
really guy's your fueling your own fire over there!
post #11 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Obama has been on the ban guns side of the fight many times. There is already some law in the works in Va to ban more guns. He says whatever he thinks people want to hear but his actions have shown he supports gun bans.
He already intends to open gun companys back up to liability for crimes done with the guns they make. How long do you think it will take to put a gun company whish are realitivly small companys out of business when a few people sue them for several million dollars because a gang member was shot by another gang member? How long till they do the same to the companys that make the ammunition. First assult weapons will be banned. Problem there of course just like last time is these people have no idea what one is so they will ban everything that looks mean and is painted black. High cap hand guns will then get hit then anything over a certain caliber. We don't really need 50cal rifles and hand guns right? People will be OK with this because most people do not care about guns or shooting and are willing to ban anything that isnt their hobby etc. Once the ban everything large groups have an issue with they will resort to taxing them. A $500 9mm will have a $400 tax on it. You will have to pay a tax on it every year. You will have to take a safty course (not totally a bad idea really) but then you will have to pay out the butt to take it and re certify every couple years. They will limit the number you can have. Ammunition will be taxed too. How does $80 for a box of 50 .45s sound? Like in Montgomery county you will not be able to shoot on your own land. Ranges will be gone because they will lay huge taxes on them and regulate them out of business.
If soeone breaks into your house with a gun and you shoot them you will be the criminal. I see people getting sued by criminals for defending their familys. "Mr Blank, you shot the intruder who was armed with a handgun after he pointed it at your child and said he was going to blow her head off is that correct? Well Mr Blank how could you be SURE he was not lyings !? You should have waited till he killed someone THEN shot him" Sound funny? Has happened already. The first thing the cops will do is cuff you and look for any thing not perfect with your gun ownership. "Mr Blank we see here these bullets were bought out of state and you did not pay this states tax on them there for you are not legaly able to use them to defend your family in this state! Get in the CAR!"
post #12 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM

main problem being is if you stage a break in and shoot a dude its easy to get away with!!
I'm sure it happens more than once a day!
If a dude breaks in over here and ye kill em??
well if its self defence it dont matter what you do to kill em but if forensics are on your side your free!!
A man only got away with shooting a dude with a hunting shot gun in the last couple of years it made big news!!
would it even make the news in the states??
post #13 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
but if you couldnt just buy guns over the counter the chance of a criminal coming in you house with a gun would be slim..
if you can buy them over the counter then if you interested in criminal activity then you just buy a bigger one!!
Criminals don't buy guns legally. If you remove the legal purchasing, then you leave the illegal ones out there.
post #14 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
That is in fact not true. Historicly gun control has done little to reduce the level of violent crime and crimes with guns. Criminals are not buying guns over the counter, they are stealing them from people who can buy them because the police are too busy at 7-11 having coffee to catch a thief.
If you take guns away from criminals they are not going to just stay home they are going to use a bat or knife etc whish will be good enough because they don't have to worry about guns.
post #15 of 108 Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Global Moderator

you just cannot go to a gun store and buy a gun; a background check is done. If you have a criminal record, no gun for you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page