The Israeli invasion of Gaza - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 100 Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta
The Israeli invasion of Gaza

Thought that this would have been a hot topic on here at the moment?

IMHO I think it is such an over powerful response to the situation. Those that are going to be affected the most are the civilians, watching the news just now a whole family of civilians have just been rushed to hospital (all died) that brings the total to 495 civilians.
No matter how much the Israelis beat the crap out of the Palestinians, they arenít going to cow down, maybe Israel should take a leaf out of the Nazi manual (oh maybe they have)
This is a huge shame and although I agree on self defence this is outright bullying with a terrible price for the poor Palestinians.
Another thing that really pisses me of is that the leader of Hamas is preaching war from Lebanon, not many bullets or rockets flying around his head.

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 Old 01-05-2009, 7:26 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 109

Re: The Israeli invasion of Gaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Thought that this would have been a hot topic on here at the moment?

IMHO I think it is such an over powerful response to the situation. Those that are going to be affected the most are the civilians, watching the news just now a whole family of civilians have just been rushed to hospital (all died) that brings the total to 495 civilians.
No matter how much the Israelis beat the crap out of the Palestinians, they arenít going to cow down, maybe Israel should take a leaf out of the Nazi manual (oh maybe they have)
This is a huge shame and although I agree on self defence this is outright bullying with a terrible price for the poor Palestinians.
Another thing that really pisses me of is that the leader of Hamas is preaching war from Lebanon, not many bullets or rockets flying around his head.
I used to side with the Israelis, but not now. Now I believe they are all as bad as each other. That said, the Palestinians are well aware of the Israeli warning: If you hurt me, i'll kill you.
If you hurt my family, i'll kill your whole village.
If you hurt my village i'll kill you all.

Before you get upset with this, I don't support it. I'm just saying the Palestinians know what's coming when they start firing.

Hiding in civilian areas while firing rockets and missiles at the Israelis is an old Palestinian tactic designed to make the Israelis look bad in the eyes of the world. Unfortunately it doesn't work because the Israelis don't give a sh1t.
post #3 of 100 Old 01-05-2009, 8:31 AM

Reputation Power: 36

It's quite simple really. STOP FIRING ROCKETS INTO ISRAEL, IDIOTS, PERIOD! 7,000 since 2005. Sure many haven't killed as precisely as the Israeli weapons but the threat and scare on a daily basis disrupts everyday life. Would you allow this to continue where you live?

As Surf has said, they fire from civilian areas. They even store them in Mosques and transport them with Ambulances. Some say Israel shouldn't have let it go this long.

Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2006 as part of the peace treaty and gave it back to the Palestinians and what have they done? Use it as a staging area to fire rockets. Now that's smart! That's exactly why they didn't want to give it back.

The media tends to show the destruction in Gaza because there is more of it and more deaths unfortunately. Israel strikes with guided weapons where rockets are fired from. Because of this and the fact that many just plain don't like Jews, people tend to feel sorry for the Palestinians. It is sad that most are innocent and the Hamas including the government allow this to continue without regard for their own people.

Bottom line is there can't be long term peace because the Palestinians are bent on the destruction of Israel. Israel also knows this but goes through the process anyways to gain public support. When a ceasefire does happen, in the past it just allows the Hamas to rebuild for the next round. That is what this campaign is trying to eliminate.

Also Israel going in with a ground campaign is to try and root out the Hamas and the weapon caches and trying to minimize civilian casualties with the risk of losing some of their own soldiers. It's much easier to use an air campaign.

I'm not saying Israel is without blood on their hands completely either. They can be brutal and have made many mistakes in the past as well but they now have no option but to retaliate.

I have done much reading on this subject and anybody who has, will come to the same conclusion. Israel itself is a very productive country and just wants to live in peace, unfortunately they are surrounded by nutbags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 100 Old 01-05-2009, 9:02 AM

Reputation Power: 20

here's my logic behind the whole situation.

*high tensions, history.
*fatah ( sp? ) and Hamas fighting for power after that funny looking guy dies ( arafat? )
*fatah more on the side of bring peace with israel, Hamas wants destruction of israel.
*hamas wins landslide vote to put them in power.
*long story short and many other squabbles back and forth, hamas begins firing rockets after the treaty ends.
*israel has had enough. It's time to wipe out the problem.

* in the end I blame the palestinians for voting in the hamas. No one else to blame but themselves. had they voted in the other party, after many hurdles i had no doubt that they would have worked with israel to strengthen the region they'd have many jobs to build infrastructure, new buildings and feed their families.

P.S i'm not jewish.
post #5 of 100 Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 AM

Reputation Power: 162

I don't understand all the confusion.

It wasn't Israel that started the whole fighting again. It was Hamas who started shooting self-made rockets towards civilians. It is not Israel that hides behind civilians - it's the terrorists who use civilians as shields. It's nothing more than propaganda.

I hope those Israelis really tear into them; a ground incursion is always going to pick up some casualties but our Jewish friends are really pissed off this time around.

It make me wonder what, if anything, was going through the minds of Hamas and its supporters when they decided to start lobbing rockets into Israel. Did they seriously think there would be not be a dramatic retaliation?

I'd like to think that eventually their befuddled intellect would wake to the fact that Israel isn't going anywhere and, like it or not, it's time to just put down the rocks, stop burning the Izzie flags, and just learn to live on the same block together.

I mean, for cryin-out-loud ... even the cavemen evolved, right?

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"

Last edited by FB1000inPA; 01-05-2009 at 11:01 AM.
post #6 of 100 Old 01-06-2009, 3:51 AM
Supporting Member

If only it were that easy, FB. Unfortunately, while it is the fault of Hamas this time round, throughout history they've both f**ked up any chance of coming out of this smelling of roses.

I see that we're taking the stance that the Palestinians actually believed that their civilians wouldn't get hurt when they started firing. On the contrary, they knew full well. Indeed, they want that to happen in order to fire up further resentment against the Israelis with the rest of the middle east.

As an aside, and this may just be a conspiracy theory, has anyone else noticed that when oil prices are down, groups like Hamas suddenly get funding for new weapons. Ordinarily, when the sh1t starts flying over there, oil prices begin to rise. It just so happens that it didn't seem to work on this occasion.

Just a thought...
post #7 of 100 Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffrog View Post
If only it were that easy, FB. Unfortunately, while it is the fault of Hamas this time round, throughout history they've both f**ked up any chance of coming out of this smelling of roses.

I see that we're taking the stance that the Palestinians actually believed that their civilians wouldn't get hurt when they started firing. On the contrary, they knew full well. Indeed, they want that to happen in order to fire up further resentment against the Israelis with the rest of the middle east.

As an aside, and this may just be a conspiracy theory, has anyone else noticed that when oil prices are down, groups like Hamas suddenly get funding for new weapons. Ordinarily, when the sh1t starts flying over there, oil prices begin to rise. It just so happens that it didn't seem to work on this occasion.

Just a thought...
The price of oil has been steadily climbing since the rockets started flying into Gaza, as much as $12/bbl....
There is some speculation that because the US supports the invasion so much that the Middle East is going to drive the price of oil up higher due to them stopping shipments to countries supporting Israel, IE...USA.

The Palestinians have a lot to be angry and frustrated about, such as the occupied territories that the Israelis were supposed to leave after the war in 1967. Also the blockades that have been up for the past yr keeping out a lot of essential services like medical supplies.

The problem lies in that the civilians are not the ones that are doing the attacking, it is the terrorists that are lodged within Hamas. Everyone knows that citizens die in wars, but for Israel to be going at them with such force might be a little over the top.
It is well and good to protect your own, I believe that everyone has the opportunity to do so, but if say a small group of people in Washington State decided that they needed to attack Canada with rocket fire we wouldn't start a full scale war with the entire US. Not that we would want to, our bb guns wouldn't do much harm anyways. It should be dealt with discretion IMO. Attack them like the CIA did, or tried to, with Fidel. Go in and hunt them down that are doing it. That in itself I think would scare a bit of sense back into them.
The last time I visited Israel they had a new museum up called Yad Vesham, The New Museum. My wife and I went through it and as we were doing this there came in about 300 Isaeli army troops. This museum shows so much death and distruction that the Nazis did to the Jews that it is scary to think that these troops, which average age was about 19, were being brainwashed into thinking that the Palastinians were going to do this to them if they did not hold firm and fight every moment that they could.
I agree that neither side is coming out of this looking spectacular, but like was stated before, this is all about posturing, Hama's for sympathy from the world, and Israel to show they will not be f'd with and lose the ground they so desperately fought for in the past.
post #8 of 100 Old 01-06-2009, 1:36 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Some good interesting points made, there just seems to be one missing. It’s effortlessly forgotten that Israel set up this state after the Second World War based on a book which leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to specifics. Now the Palestinians have been living there for thousands of years, it’s no wonder they are pissed off at loosing their Homeland. I mean how the hell would you feel if you had a homestead in your family for generations after generation to wake up some morning with a Yank (English, French, Aussie, fill in whatever ) Jew living in part of it, stating that its his God given right to be here. In case you are slightly peeved at this situation and you want to have words, you can, as long as you can get past the rifles, the tanks and the Apache helicopters. Not only has one moved in but loads have followed and they have cut off the access you have to your last piece of land rendering you into total poverty.
Palestinians have been forced to live in abject poverty and homelessness no wonder they are angry, they are desperate. I mean die by being bombed or by hunger and disease, some choice??
Before someone jumps in here I know that Arafat and his goons stole millions from the Palestinian people that was the main reason his party got the elbow at the elections.
Israel’s actions here are diabolical and surely they must know by now that this sort of action just doesn’t work, for every Hamas soldier they kill there will be ten young people willing to fill their boots. This action is only going to increase the hatred among the general people and to be honest will set things back a lot.
Food, medication, jobs that’s what Israel should be pumping into Palestine, I bet it would cost them less that this campaign will, mind you I suppose America will be footing the bill anyway.
I know if someone came into my country set up shop and told me to get to f*** Id be very pi**ed off (wonder if being Irish gives me a little insight)
Last piece of news I heard was that they targeted a school run by the UN (40+ dead), try explaining that away

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #9 of 100 Old 01-06-2009, 3:54 PM

Reputation Power: 12

These people will fight forever. Sad but true.
post #10 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 2:48 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
I know if someone came into my country set up shop and told me to get to f*** Id be very pi**ed off (wonder if being Irish gives me a little insight)
Very possibly, the Brits were (in part) involved in helping the Israelis move in.
post #11 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 2:57 AM

Reputation Power: 18

I don't think it matters what either side does they both just hate each other to the point you would have to say it's almost genetic. Do you think they have actaully stopped over the last however many years and taken a good look at what they are fighting over? It's way past real estate and all about hatred and these guys are never going to be happy living next door to each other.
post #12 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 3:11 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .OrgOwner View Post
I don't think it matters what either side does they both just hate each other to the point you would have to say it's almost genetic. Do you think they have actaully stopped over the last however many years and taken a good look at what they are fighting over? It's way past real estate and all about hatred and these guys are never going to be happy living next door to each other.
Absolutely. Aside from Israel moving to some remote island in the middle of nowhere and promising never to speak to anyone ever again, the Palestinians promising never to hurt another jew again and also moving out of the area, there won't be peace...
post #13 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 3:15 AM

In which case the only real option is a 3rd party to sort out the mess.....
post #14 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 3:23 AM
Supporting Member

Which the US has been trying for years...
post #15 of 100 Old 01-07-2009, 3:35 AM

Neutral 3rd party then...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page