sense of humour @ google - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 8:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

sense of humour @ google

Go to google

type miserable failure

and hit the I'm feeling lucky button.

Hope there are no kittens killed on my behalf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 8:55 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: sense of humour @ google

That's pretty funny!
post #3 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 9:15 AM

Reputation Power: 42

If that was funny, then you'll really get a kick out of this....

The Great Geppy

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 9:47 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I have to admit. Even though I support the war in Iraq and Bush's handling of it, I am very disapointed in his handling of the economy and the budget. The tax cuts seemed very unnecessary. A few hundred bucks is not going to change anyone's my standard of living, but a good job will.

I don't believe in political parties, so I try to avoid them when possible, but in 2004, I'm not sure Dubya is getting my vote.

As much as I didn't like Clinton, and believe that he IS a criminal, he did do good things for the country as a president.

One more thing. I have a hard time getting behind any one person and going "rah rah rah" b/c I believe that the president is only as good as the people that surround him/her. Yes, I said her. (It will happen get over it)

HD
post #5 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 10:03 AM

This is merely an exploit of Google's PageRank algorithm commonly known as a "googlebomb."
post #6 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 23

Yeah, what Phozed said.

Guys don't go all political on me, otherwise LTL an figment will cross me off their Christmas card list.

Just have a laugh and move on ................
post #7 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Heavy Dee, have you not been paying any attention to the economy lately?
The U.S. economy is growing at a faster rate than ever before in history, and it is due to the tax cuts.
We are adding jobs every month at a faster rate than the previous six years also. Have we caught up to all the jobs lost? Not yet, but we are well on our way.
Most people laughed when in March I was telling them to get back into the stock market, as the Dow was sure to hit 10,000 and the NASDAQ 2,000 by years' end. They were paying attention to CNBC and CNN Money and believed the lefty position that was being portrayed of a market crash. Most people can't see past the lies told them on the news, so a lot missed out.
I know many people that have made more than their salary this year in the market.
Now, the market alone is not a full indicator of the overall economy, but a good starting point. But every economic indicator is showing a big upswing, and every knowledgable economic mind points to the tax cuts.
There is and always has been one good and easy way to stimulate the economy - give the money back to the people it belongs to. The reason(s) the economy had issues recently is due to bad desicions and mishandling by the klinton administration. Constant tax hikes and pushing companies to show positive figures - even if they weren't true figures set into motion the demise of the economy. The media like to blame the corporate mess that was uncovered during the Bush administration on the Bush administration, but it was going on under klinton. In fact, Enron and Ken Lay (since they are the favorite of the Bush bashers) gave as much money to klinton as they did Bush. Ken Lay was a personal friend of billy bob as well as George W., but that stays under wraps in the mainstream media. Enron's books were altered mostly during the klintonista regime.
The economy was actually in a true recession at the end of klinton's reign, and was already growing in the first quarter of 2001 - due to Bush's first tax 'rebate'. We were starting a slow return before the attacks of 9/11, which is what really hurt the economy.
Now we have more spending this Christmas season than many previous years. Wal-Mart made over $1.5 Billion - yes, Billion on the Friday after Thanksgiving alone and that's just one of many stores that had big numbers. The economy has grown, and not just in small numbers, for the past three quarters and fourth quarter '03 looks to be almost as strong as third.
We do still need the jobs, but they historically always come last.
The numbers on Geppy's page are so misleading it should be criminal. He fails to mention all the jobs replaced due to the Bush administration. He also fails to mention that the deficit is less than half what the dems think it is. There is more money coming into the treasury currently than the past five years, and why? Because we are spending more of our own money that we have been allowed to keep.
Also, running a deficit isn't always a bad thing. Remember that most of the money in the 'defecit' is money we owe to ourselves.

Anyway, it's too hard to be brief about economic things in these posts, and I don't want to go into depth (as I'm sure no one else wants it either). However, the Bush administration's actions on the economy are having the results they said they would. Unfortunately, most media resources don't want to point that out because it goes directly against what they themselves have been saying as well as their overall political slant to things.

I don't like everything Bush does - take for example the assinine Medicare drug bill recently passed and signed. Unneeded and unwanted, but done for political purposes. This is a very expensive entitlement, and Bush has yet to make any real cuts to government spending.
post #8 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 11:29 AM

I think the economy's upswing is more due to the insanly low interest rates much more so than the lousy $400 tax credit I got.

IR is THE only reason I can afford to live in the house I just bought, and the reason I am able to afford the truck I just bought. Also, the reason I pay NO interest on my 954 loan.

When I got my tax credit did I think to myself "Hey, I think I'll buy a house now." Hell no. I said, "Hmm. You shoulda kept that and fed some homeless dude for a week".

I don't disagree w/ all that you said BDA. I probably have been paying too much attention to Tom Brokaw (I hate him) crying wolf for the last two years. However, there is still very high unemployement rates (even if they are falling), and let's not even get started about the IT market.....

Like I said in another thread "A president is only as good as the people around him". Do I think GB is responsible for the economy
beginning to turn around? Nope. Did he contribute? Yep.
Are all republicans bad? Nope. Are they all good? Nope. Some for dems. You won't hear me yelling "Rah rah rah" about any polotical parties or even politicians until there is some way to insure what comes out of their mouth is what they really mean.

HD
post #9 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BDA116
Some stuff that I will selectively quote later and offer evidence to the contrary.
The U.S. economy is growing at a faster rate than ever before in history, and it is due to the tax cuts.

Is it because of tax cuts or because companies are cuting jobs and outsourcing to cheaper labor supplies and plowing profits back into the economy? Accenture isn't in India for its health.

We are adding jobs every month at a faster rate than the previous six years also. Have we caught up to all the jobs lost? Not yet, but we are well on our way.

Actually, we aren't adding jobs. Jobs are stagnant. The unemployment rate is 0.3% higher than at the begining of the year. Half or so of this is due to growth in the workforce and the other half is job deflation. On the upside, the average working American is getting 24 cents more per hour worked this year. This is a WHOPPING 1.6% raise.

Most people laughed when in March I was telling them to get back into the stock market, as the Dow was sure to hit 10,000 and the NASDAQ 2,000 by years' end.

I'll give you this.

Most people can't see past the lies told them ...

I'm doing my best to.

But every economic indicator is showing a big upswing

I looked but I couldn't find much movement, much less big movement. Are you sure you meant to say 'EVERY'? Government Economic Indicators

...and every knowledgable economic mind points to the tax cuts.
There is and always has been one good and easy way to stimulate the economy - give the money back to the people it belongs to.

When the government taxes the people, they don't exactly take that money out of circulation. They, uhh, spend it, what is the difference between government spending and government rebates? Congress isn't exactly a fan of 'Made in Taiwan'. One might argue that taxing and spending is better than rebating because it forces a bottom level of spending in the marketplace.

The reason(s) the economy had issues recently is ... the klinton administration.

Clinton was clearly Nero and Rome is clearly burning.

Nice little game, suddenly corporate subterfuge is the fault of the previous administration.

...even if they weren't true figures set into motion the demise of the economy.

Because you clearly noted earlier that the market crash was a sign of the economic apocalypse....

The deficit is real. The implication of your quotes around 'defecit' (sic) is that it is a loan to ourselves and that it doesn't count. If we don't have to pay ourselves back, in the end, is it a loan or a tax? Can I infer then that the 'rebate-treasury bill deficit financing scheme' is just a redistribution of taxation?
post #10 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 11:57 AM

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
Originally posted by spillover

Nice little game, suddenly corporate subterfuge is the fault of the previous administration.
I've been waiting for this topic to rear its head for weeks....

The backslide in corporate accounting happened on Klintons watch....

His DOJ was too busy killing people in Waco and Ruby Ridge to keep a hand on the tiller.....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #11 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Heavy-Dee
I think the economy's upswing is more due to the insanly low interest rates much more so than the lousy $400 tax credit I got.
Don't think on picking on you, 'cause I'm not. I just want to point out another problem with most people today. You didn't JUST receive a $400 check. You are keeping more of your money on every paycheck you get. However, most people don't think about that. In fact, if you were to ask the question "How much money do you make?" most Americans will respond with "I'm not sure, my take home pay is around $_____."
Most don't think about or really know how much they make, or that they are keeping more of their own money now.
That said, let's think of just the $400 for a minute. No, we didn't go make major purchases with it. But what was done with it? Was it put in a bank account and not spent? Hidden under a mattress? Approximately 200 million Americans got a check. Some for more, some for less. Just for simplicity's sake, that is approximately $80 billion that was re-intorduced to our economy on a one-shot basis. That's not taking into account the increase in dollars spent each month by Americans keeping more of their money - although the 'Christmas season' numbers are showing it.
This alone didn't make the full change in the economy, but again most economists point to it as the major contributing factor.

I agree that the interest rates are helping a lot. It's nice to have 'free money loans', as it frees up other monetary concerns and allows for more big purchases like cars and homes.
That said, cars and homes aren't what are leading the economy right now. Automobile purchases are down from a year ago, and new home purchasing is about at the same level.

All this mumbo jumbo aside, I was just responding to the comment about the uncertainty of the Bush administration's handling of the economy. They set into motion some good things that are now playing out.
post #12 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 12:09 PM

spillover, I'm not getting into it with you because in the past there has been a huge unwillingness to learn the truth about things.
There are hundreds of reports coming in every day about the economy. Here is just one of the many.
We ARE adding jobs each onth, much to the chagrin of the left.
We ARE growing at a big rate, and the tax cuts DID play a big part.
Take a good hard look at who did what and when as far as corporate corruption, and then you can turn a blind eye and still blame the administration that is putting a stop to it.
The klintonistas realized they had nothing for a legacy, and the only thing they could ever keep as a legacy was the free ride they got off the economic boom due to the tech sector (and the spending that was put into it years before they took over). There are records that show how they pushed for positive numbers to come about.
Again, the Bush haters love to talk about Enron, but don't want to know the truth. Ken Lay and Enron gave as much money to klinton as Bush, and did their misdeeds on klinton's watch.
You obviously have internet capabilities and searching capabilities. The question is, will you put them to good use to educate yourself on the issue?

I won't go any further than saying I have made a point of learning about the economy and taking the risks with it, and learning the truth has benefited me greatly.

As for the rest of your 'points' on my post, you should look up fact before posting your opinion.
post #13 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baketech
I've been waiting for this topic to rear its head for weeks....

The backslide in corporate accounting happened on Klintons watch....

His DOJ was too busy killing people in Waco and Ruby Ridge to keep a hand on the tiller.....
Heheheh... that was pretty weak, I know. It wasn't invented during the Clinton administration, but the government was nearly complicit with it in that time... I'm going to stick to looking things up on the web.
post #14 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 8:32 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Can someone explain to me how a simple Google search can set off a whole freaking political debate? Not even a new one, it's the same freaking one that's been going on for months. Wow are you guys edgy
post #15 of 32 Old 12-04-2003, 9:00 PM

Quote:
I have to admit. Even though I support the war in Iraq and Bush's handling of it, I am very disapointed in his handling of the economy and the budget. The tax cuts seemed very unnecessary. A few hundred bucks is not going to change anyone's my standard of living, but a good job will.
Holy Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Please tell me you just have been living under a rock this last year and havent been paying attention to the business sector.

Shweh! I knew you were pulling my leg. You had me there for a second!

Quote:

I don't believe in political parties, so I try to avoid them when possible, but in 2004, I'm not sure Dubya is getting my vote.

As much as I didn't like Clinton, and believe that he IS a criminal, he did do good things for the country as a president.
I do have to agree with you there. If it was not for his legal troubles, sexual scandels, foreign policies that forwarded the communistic regiems around the world that placed congress in gridlock making the whole United States political and judicial machine grind to a hault, the private sector would not have had the opportunity to do what it does best without government intervention: business. And the citicens of America would not have had the opportunity to do what they do best: Live life free and forward the their version of the American dream.

Quote:

One more thing. I have a hard time getting behind any one person and going "rah rah rah" b/c I believe that the president is only as good as the people that surround him/her. Yes, I said her. (It will happen get over it)

HD
I do believe one man cannot do it alone and think you have it right; his support staf is doing an exemplary job.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page