Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   Electrical wiring connectors (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/102224-electrical-wiring-connectors.html)

ss200587 12-11-2012 6:30 PM

Electrical wiring connectors
 
2 Attachment(s)
Can someone help me identify what this connector is on my friends wiring harness. As you can clearly see it has been burnt and we are wanting to replace it but we have no clue what it is:idunno:. This is off of a 2003 CBR 954RR this connector is located directly under the seat and close to the 2 biggest connectors on the wiring harness. Thank You for the help.

bladeracer 12-11-2012 7:40 PM

Re: Electrical wiring connectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ss200587 (Post 1106098)
Can someone help me identify what this connector is on my friends wiring harness. As you can clearly see it has been burnt and we are wanting to replace it but we have no clue what it is:idunno:. This is off of a 2003 CBR 954RR this connector is located directly under the seat and close to the 2 biggest connectors on the wiring harness. Thank You for the help.


It's not a connector, it's just a junction block where all the earth wires come together. Common problem.

ss200587 12-11-2012 8:34 PM

Re: Electrical wiring connectors
 
Thank You Sir! Do you know if they sell the junction box by itself or do you have to buy the harness.

bladeracer 12-11-2012 8:53 PM

Re: Electrical wiring connectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ss200587 (Post 1106114)
Thank You Sir! Do you know if they sell the junction box by itself or do you have to buy the harness.


You don't need it, just solder everything together and tape it back up.

amorti 12-15-2012 8:04 AM

Re: Electrical wiring connectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeracer (Post 1106115)
You don't need it, just solder everything together and tape it back up.

I had the similar issue on a 955i, this advise will see you right. I took a thick piece of wire with a good ring terminal crimp+soldered on the end, and soldered each loose wire to that, and heatshrink over the lot. On the Triumph the issue as I saw it was the block led out to a wire that wasn't big enough.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2016 FireBlades.org. All Rights Reserved.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome