Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   954 Vent Tube Connection (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/102645-954-vent-tube-connection.html)

r15suk 01-22-2013 5:31 PM

954 Vent Tube Connection

Can someone help me with a vent tube question on my 954 please?

The rubber tube from the fuel tank air vent connects to a 'T' piece behind the throttle bodies. One side of this 'T' piece has a tube that goes down to a cut out in the bottom of the left hand fairing (sits next to the fuel tank overflow tube in this cut out).

My question is where does the tube on the other side of this 'T' piece connect to, as mine has come off from somewhere and i can't see where it should go :huh:

Cheers
Simon

bladeracer 01-22-2013 6:54 PM

Re: 954 Vent Tube Connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by r15suk (Post 1110428)
Can someone help me with a vent tube question on my 954 please?

The rubber tube from the fuel tank air vent connects to a 'T' piece behind the throttle bodies. One side of this 'T' piece has a tube that goes down to a cut out in the bottom of the left hand fairing (sits next to the fuel tank overflow tube in this cut out).

My question is where does the tube on the other side of this 'T' piece connect to, as mine has come off from somewhere and i can't see where it should go :huh:

Cheers
Simon

It just splits to both sides of the bike I think.
Fuel Tank (2) Honda CBR954RR 2002 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

nyknick1015 01-23-2013 3:44 PM

ahhh okay... this makes sense now... I took this off from my bike last summer because it got disconnected some how but when i looked all over the tank and everything, didnt know where it connected... its not a necessity then?

Sky91 01-23-2013 4:51 PM

I don't have mine connected at all. Never had any problems.

r15suk 01-23-2013 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeracer (Post 1110453)
It just splits to both sides of the bike I think.
Fuel Tank (2) Honda CBR954RR 2002 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

Ok ta. any idea where its 'supposed' to come out? The one on the left has the slot in the fairing panel.

cheers
Simon

bladeracer 01-23-2013 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyknick1015 (Post 1110566)
ahhh okay... this makes sense now... I took this off from my bike last summer because it got disconnected some how but when i looked all over the tank and everything, didnt know where it connected... its not a necessity then?

It's just a safety thing so you don't have fuel or vapour leaking out over the hot engine or exhaust system.

robdanjor 01-26-2013 5:48 AM

I didn't connect mine up after my engine rebuild. Fuelled up at petrol station, paid and when I came out there was I reckon about a litre of fuel on ground and more dripping out. Quickly jumped on and took off as quick as possible. I just put one line up into the wiring harness on the left side up high just under the tank. Seems to have fixed my problem