Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   SC28 Models (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/109608-sc28-models.html)

Squid 10-12-2014 10:47 PM

SC28 Models

Ok im noticing some discrepancies between my Aus delivered '94 (SC28 VIN) and US and UK models which is making ordering parts from overseas a bit confusing.

Mine has;
*electric speedo sensor
*compression and rebound adjustable forks
*rectifier with large aluminum heat sink
all of which seem to be consistant with US '95 models?

Then the UK models seem to have different letters attached to the end 900rr-N,R or S or somethig?

Can anyone clarify what my bike is and what the equivalent US and UK models are? or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?
Thanks in advance!

bladeracer 10-13-2014 3:01 AM

Re: SC28 Models

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 1178600)
Ok im noticing some discrepancies between my Aus delivered '94 (SC28 VIN) and US and UK models which is making ordering parts from overseas a bit confusing.

Mine has;
*electric speedo sensor
*compression and rebound adjustable forks
*rectifier with large aluminum heat sink
all of which seem to be consistant with US '95 models?

Then the UK models seem to have different letters attached to the end 900rr-N,R or S or somethig?

Can anyone clarify what my bike is and what the equivalent US and UK models are? or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?
Thanks in advance!

The letter indicates model year, including Australian models. The designator is the same regardless of the market and is the only way to identify model year - the manufacture date does not indicate model year.
'92 is RR-N, '93 is P, '94 is R, '95 is S, '96 is T and so on. '00 is Y then they switch to numbers from '01. US did not get '92 models.
Tenth digit of the VIN is the model designation.

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 3:40 AM

Bladeracer is right on with the designations. However your descriptors are also correct with the items you listed. The U.S. models didn't get any of that until 95, or the "RRS".

Squid 10-13-2014 3:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for clarifying that Bladeracer, and Ian, yeah, it makes me wonder if I should be ordering '95 parts from the US vendors :huh:

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 4:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 1178609)
Thanks for clarifying that Bladeracer, and Ian, yeah, it makes me wonder if I should be ordering '95 parts from the US vendors :huh:

I guess my first question is why are you ordering from the U.S.? Wouldn't it be easier to get your specific RR parts from an Aussie dealer? To be accurate and answer your question about what you need for your Aus 94 would be tough. If you post your VIN we can verify what the year designation is. If it's an S then the likelihood of the U.S. 95 stuff working should be good. But to make an educated guess I would say the U.S. 95 RRS model would be a reasonable choice in parts.

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 4:17 AM

Ok, so you have a P model. Disregard everything I said then:rotfl:

Can't really explain that.....

Squid 10-13-2014 4:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanDoohan (Post 1178612)
Ok, so you have a P model. Disregard everything I said then:rotfl:

Can't really explain that.....

Thats actually an "R" the camera made it look like a P
the rest of the number is lets just say its somewhere between 200001 and 200700

Squid 10-13-2014 4:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanDoohan (Post 1178611)
I guess my first question is why are you ordering from the U.S.? Wouldn't it be easier to get your specific RR parts from an Aussie dealer? To be accurate and answer your question about what you need for your Aus 94 would be tough. If you post your VIN we can verify what the year designation is. If it's an S then the likelihood of the U.S. 95 stuff working should be good. But to make an educated guess I would say the U.S. 95 RRS model would be a reasonable choice in parts.

There isnt too much out there in the way of aussie dealers when it comes to aftermarket stuff, so i find myself on the internet looking at stuff from the UK and the US quite a bit.
I guess i'll just have to keep back checking part numbers against each other.

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 5:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 1178615)
There isnt too much out there in the way of aussie dealers when it comes to aftermarket stuff, so i find myself on the internet looking at stuff from the UK and the US quite a bit.
I guess i'll just have to keep back checking part numbers against each other.

As far as aftermarket stuff goes there are a lot of interchangeable parts. On my 93 I'm running F4i gauges, 95 speed sensor, 96 forks, a VFR 17" front rim, etc. The frame, engine, controls, fairings etc should all be US 1995 RRS I would suspect then. And to further guess, the forks I can't see being any newer than 95 either. I saw you had a thread about looking for brake rotors. I would use the U.S. 95 model for them, seeing as though you have be electric speedo and no mechanical gear drive on the front rim. I'm very familiar with these models as far as US fare goes. I'll help anywhere I can.

Squid 10-13-2014 5:27 AM

Ok I think i goofed up, and ordered pair of EBC 1014x discs for US '94 model when i should have ordered EBC 1003X for US 95. Can someone quickly confirm this as i thing working hours are just starting for you guys and need to change order before they post.

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 5:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 1178618)
Ok I think i goofed up, and ordered pair of EBC 1014x discs for US '94 model when i should have ordered EBC 1003X for US 95. Can someone quickly confirm this as i thing working hours are just starting for you guys and need to change order before they post.

If they are 94 U.S. spec then they will not work on your front rim, the outer diameter of the left side hub is larger to accommodate the speedo drive gear.

Squid 10-13-2014 5:32 AM

ok thanks Ian, I sent them a message changing my order, hopefully they see it before they chuck it in the mail. Worse case scenario, will the earlier rotors fit on my bike?

Squid 10-13-2014 5:33 AM

oh ****

IanDoohan 10-13-2014 5:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 1178618)

ooops double post.....

Squid 10-13-2014 5:41 AM

LOL, I'm pooing a brick right now hoping he catches my email before he sends his offsider to the post office. Its an ebay seller so no phone number, Michigan time, getting on towards 6am. Yikes!