Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   What have you done to/for your bike today? (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/111061-what-have-you-done-for-your-bike-today.html)

MESOGLEA 04-23-2015 1:10 PM

What have you done to/for your bike today?

I searched but didn't find a thread like this.
We have a thread like this on ClubFrontier.org and its the longest thread.
I'll start:

Changed my oil with 3 quarts of Lucas 10w-40 semi-syn, topped off with Lucas oil stabilizer and a Mobil1 filter.

jdoni 04-23-2015 2:21 PM

Re: What have you done to/for your bike today?

Today I finished installing the software for a power commander that I purchased from another member. Trying out a couple of maps from the PC website. So far me likey!

fj1200rj 04-23-2015 3:23 PM

RODE IT!

macca9540 04-23-2015 3:57 PM

Walked past it and thought, "It's Friday". I wonder if the battery has enough charge for tomorrow.

fj1200rj 04-23-2015 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macca9540 (Post 1191747)
Walked past it and thought, "It's Friday". I wonder if the battery has enough charge for tomorrow.

:rotfl:I think we've all done that.

KGPrice 04-23-2015 4:27 PM

Made sure the cover was on and sadly walked to my car because yeah...its in the 30s here :( good ole PA

jamie_uk 04-23-2015 4:50 PM

new yoke with risers, new levers, renthal bars, and a wobbly trip down the road as i got used to the new position

954Kevin 04-23-2015 5:37 PM

today? not much. i did notice its time for yet another new rear tire and the chain could use some cleaning when i walked past it in the pole barn as i was doing the oil, oil filter, and air filter on my cub cadet lt1050.

i did put on a honda wing t-shirt today tho..... its black with white wings. officially licensed........... XL

jondog9 04-23-2015 8:03 PM

After 4 years, and a whole bunch of other mods, I finally got around to doing the PAIR mod yesterday. And I rearranged my tiny trunk area to carry OEM toolbag with some extra tools, small hand air pump, CO2 air cartridges, tire plug kit, air gauge and infrared temp sensor. And the nice thing is, I still have room for a water bottle, and a change of clothes. :)

And I ordered a set of Bridgestone Rs10's. Gunna stuff a 200/55 on the back. :nod:

mbgbtb 04-23-2015 9:59 PM

Finished re-assembling from tearing down to swap a broken shift drum. Figured out a decent way to bleed the brakes, new plugs and oil filter, and new chain and sprockets. Rode her for a few minutes to find out that tomorrow I'll be rebuilding the forks as one is leaking.

MESOGLEA 04-23-2015 11:20 PM

Used my new MotionPro chain alignment tool and realized that my axle was installed from the wrong side IAW the FSM.

IanDoohan 04-24-2015 2:47 AM

Worked 26 out of the last 30 hours from yesterday into today so I can have box #3 shipped from Mikeo:eyebrows:

Setting my sights on these:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps7aadb511.jpg

MESOGLEA 05-14-2015 8:59 PM

Rode in the rain to the pharmacy on base and ignition got wet.
Since I avoid the rain, never realized I have an issue with exposed wiring.

poison 05-15-2015 6:57 AM

Put a new set of Q 3's on the bike and rode um in the canyons to scrub um in. Yes, they stick really good. Thanks for asking. And no it doesn't take 100 miles to break um in. You just have to know what you are doing.

macca9540 05-15-2015 3:46 PM

Put a new front and rear on Zed. Pirelli Supa Corsa front and Rosso II rear. Just got to wait for the weather to clear to scrub them in now.