Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Bad news about my puppy (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/2714-bad-news-about-my-puppy.html)

Heavy-Dee 07-10-2003 4:19 PM

Re: Bad news about my puppy

Found out that the mother didn't take and my puppy isn't going to be born on the 20th of this month like I was looking forward to for the last 2 months. I'm pretty bummed out about it. I was really excited. So now I'm looking for a Yellow Male lab again. I have found a female that is ready to come home right now, but I live w/ my wife and female cat and would like some extra testosterone around. Maybe that is dumb. Maybe I should just get the female, I'm sure I would love it just the same.

Man this sucks.

ccwilli3 07-10-2003 4:22 PM

get the female, she will love you unconditionally!

To me, female Labs are the best dogs... Loyal and very even/mild tempered...

nomad 07-10-2003 4:37 PM

Having had both male and female, bitches are much better than piss-on-everything male dogs. I loved them all, but females are much easier to take care of.

Please spay her if you aren't a breeder.

BTW, you can still call her buddy, boy, spike, fido or any other male name. heh... 'Is your dog male or female?' 'Female. Come'er Boy.'

Heavy-Dee 07-10-2003 4:40 PM

Quote:

nomad : 'Female. *Come'er Boy.'
That's funny!

HondaGal 07-10-2003 6:09 PM

I've known both dogs and bitches and the bitches have always been more lovey. The dogs seem more aloof and standoffish.

Get the little girl. You won't be disappointed.

fl-929 07-10-2003 6:16 PM

Quote:

HondaGal : I've known both dogs and bitches and the bitches have always been more lovey. *The dogs seem more aloof and standoffish.

Get the little girl. *You won't be disappointed. *
It's weird but with Whippet's the males are more loving. The females are a little more aloof, but both are like children with their attachment.

On that note, take home the female lab! Good luck

ratter 07-10-2003 7:02 PM

get the female. I'm sure if you were going to love the male you will love the female as much

Denny 07-10-2003 7:08 PM

females make better pets, IMO.

CBRjack 07-10-2003 7:34 PM

Quote:

Denny : females make better pets, IMO.
How can you argue with that.

thrl-skr 07-10-2003 7:47 PM

I have to bitches of my own and I love them alot. I have tried to live with male dogs and it NEVER worked out. Females are the BEST, I like the fact that I come home everyday and say HI BITCHES and ther tails just wag and wag. It's cool as sh1t because I have never understood how people could love their pets the way they do. Now I understand 1000%. GET THE FEMALE.

bubba 07-10-2003 9:13 PM

Quote:

nomad : Having had both male and female, bitches are much better than piss-on-everything male dogs. *I loved them all, but females are much easier to take care of.

Please spay her if you aren't a breeder.

BTW, you can still call her buddy, boy, spike, fido or any other male name. *heh... *'Is your dog male or female?' *'Female. *Come'er Boy.'
negative ghostrider

my bitch (NO, not NH) pisses all over everything and my stud only pisses on cats and fenceposts.

Chain 07-10-2003 10:01 PM

Another vote for female dogs here.

Heavy-Dee 07-10-2003 11:05 PM

nine to one. Anyone else want to chime in. I was just about ready to start calling other breeders to see if I could find a male. Now you guys have me second guessing.

ND4SPD 07-10-2003 11:08 PM

You want testosterone, get a Rott

Heavy-Dee 07-10-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

ND4SPDSHO : You want testosterone, get a Rott
Too many little kids around me.