Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   929 seat height (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/30827-929-seat-height.html)

1pcbr 10-26-2004 8:30 PM

929 seat height
 
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount. Has anyone lowered their seat height? I ride my bike a lot, and the only racing I'll do is drag racing on occasion. I've tried getting low enough to use the fairing a few times, and it's really uncomfortable for me. I think lowering the seat height an inch or 2 would help. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Cornfedwhitey 10-27-2004 12:49 AM

Re: 929 seat height
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1pcbr
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount. Has anyone lowered their seat height? I ride my bike a lot, and the only racing I'll do is drag racing on occasion. I've tried getting low enough to use the fairing a few times, and it's really uncomfortable for me. I think lowering the seat height an inch or 2 would help. Any thoughts?

Thanks.



Wear shorter shoes? :huh:

Custom Seat? :idunno:


lowered foot pegs? :crap:

muab 10-27-2004 2:23 AM

Re: 929 seat height
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfedwhitey
Wear shorter shoes? :huh:

Custom Seat? :idunno:


lowered foot pegs? :crap:

cheese-grate your bum?

lengthen your arms?

:huh:

G-Force Junkie 10-27-2004 3:17 AM

Re: 929 seat height
 
all 929's were the same. Theres not a whole lot of seat untill you hit the sub frame..I doubt you'll ever get a couple inches...perhaps a bit if you shave the seat foam down a bit. They do make taller windscreens which might help.

timeBOMB 10-27-2004 3:55 AM

Re: 929 seat height
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
all 929's were the same. Theres not a whole lot of seat untill you hit the sub frame..I doubt you'll ever get a couple inches...perhaps a bit if you shave the seat foam down a bit. They do make taller windscreens which might help.

I cant beleive that 5mm would make that much or any discomfort for a riding positon.. crap if you wore an extra pair of underware you would be raised up 5mm.
:crap:

EatnAsphalt 10-27-2004 11:07 AM

Re: 929 seat height
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1pcbr
I hear for 01, the seat height was raised 5 mm, and the handle bars were lowered by the same amount.

This is not the case. 00 and 01 929s have the same seat, clipons, and rearsets. They are basically indentical with only a few minor updates on the 01.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2016 FireBlades.org. All Rights Reserved.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome