Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Johnny Cash (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/34937-johnny-cash.html)

Chain 03-17-2005 10:59 PM

Johnny Cash

Any 'Man in Black' fans here with me? :smilebig:

I grew up listening to Johnny Cash twang on his guitar, spitting out knee slappin' music as a little kid who spent alot of time in the trailer park where my grand parents lived in east Omaha. Grampa was a pipefitter, a real blue collar guy who worked hard and drank hard. And boy did he love Johnny Cash.

Guess it's in my blood then.

So, what am I up to on this St. Patrick's Day? Sipping a cold beer at home and cranking a few classics like I Walk The Line, Ring of Fire, A Boy Named Sue and I've Been Everywhere.

Did you know this cat recorded some 1,500 songs in his music career?

:nworthy3:

Wish I could go... http://cashbash2005.com/

Hammer 03-17-2005 11:01 PM

Re: Johnny Cash

I've been every where man

Bacchus 03-17-2005 11:04 PM

I learned to appreciate him, but way, way later in his career/my life. Not a huge fan, but do appreciate what he's done for music!! :boobs:

Oh, wait, I meant this one... :thumb: :D

sheepofblue 03-17-2005 11:23 PM

If we fight our way to the center, get to the stage and upload this Slayer CD. Hippies can't stand death metal and will disperse.

Now back on topic. Johnny Cash rules! Ghost Riders in the Sky; Ring of Fire; Oney and zillions more :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Newfie TLR 03-17-2005 11:28 PM

I learned to play guitar listening to him. I had one album by him (Live at San Quentin, I think) and I played that sucker till it was smooth.

Then I discovered Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, the Stones...................... you get the idea.

Bacchus 03-17-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newfie TLR
Then I discovered Uriah Heep,

"Demons and Wizards"!!! :clap: Man, I would have thought you to be almost too young to appreciate this.

G-Force Junkie 03-17-2005 11:37 PM

Anybody know what album it was that he did a bunch of modern covers on? I know he did the NIN "Hurt", which rocked by the way, but the other day I heard another cover, something as crazy as covering NIN. Anyone?

Newfie TLR 03-17-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus
"Demons and Wizards"!!! :clap: Man, I would have thought you to be almost too young to appreciate this.

Salisbury, Look at Yourself, Demons & Wizards, Magician's Birthday & Live. I had em all. I keep looking for a DVD of a concert.

Mick Box on guitar, Ken Hensley on keyboards, Bavid Byron on vocals, Lee Kerslake on drums & Gary Thain on bass.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh, I hated those fockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Newfie TLR 03-17-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Anybody know what album it was that he did a bunch of modern covers on? I know he did the NIN "Hurt", which rocked by the way, but the other day I heard another cover, something as crazy as covering NIN. Anyone?

Modern covers?? Of who?? Wifey bought a CD of him (like a mini box set) and I will admit I listen to it once in a while. I always did like him and Willie (City of New Orleans is cool) and a few more of the old guys

sheepofblue 03-18-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newfie TLR
Modern covers?? Of who?? Wifey bought a CD of him (like a mini box set) and I will admit I listen to it once in a while. I always did like him and Willie (City of New Orleans is cool) and a few more of the old guys

Then check Conway Twitty

Bacchus 03-18-2005 12:06 AM

Yeah, him, or that twitty Conway guy! :D

Newfie TLR 03-18-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepofblue
Then check Conway Twitty

Nawwwwwwww, he's a little too mellow for me. Too much like bedroom music for me.

OSIRIS 03-18-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie

"American IV - The Man Comes Around" had the "Hurt" cover on it...also has a Marilyn Manson cover of Personal Jesus

G-Force Junkie 03-18-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSIRIS
"American IV - The Man Comes Around" had the "Hurt" cover on it...also has a Marilyn Manson cover of Personal Jesus

Personal Jesus, that the cover I heard :thumb:

phobiaphobe 03-18-2005 12:24 AM

I shot a man in Reno

Just to watch him die.

Feed me enough beers and I'll sing that at karaoke night.