Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Ford GT = POS Disclaimer: must show proof of SAE membership for entry (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/36900-ford-gt-pos-disclaimer-must-show-proof-sae-membership-for-entry.html)

phobiaphobe 05-24-2005 4:24 PM

Ford GT = POS Disclaimer: must show proof of SAE membership for entry

showmethebombs 05-24-2005 4:26 PM

Re: Bubba: Ford GT = POS

seemed like the supercarkiller when I watched Car and Driver TV.

However, it drives like ass in GT4! ;)

phobiaphobe 05-24-2005 4:28 PM

That car gives still me a huge boner but I feel bad for anyone who bought one.

WetShrub 05-24-2005 4:38 PM

I saw a shoot out between the GT and a Viper. They picked the viper for performance AND cost. Namely it's less than 1/3 the cost and delivers about the same performance.

One of my co-workers was looking for a Mustang convertible for his wife and checked out the GT that was on the floor just for fun. The sticker said $420K!!! The dealer said, "It will sell." I guess they sold the last one to some rich kid from the hills for $270k and so they bumped this one up even more. Crazy!

-Shrub

phobiaphobe 05-24-2005 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetShrub
... The sticker said $420K!!! The dealer said, "It will sell." I guess they sold the last one to some rich kid from the hills for $270k and so they bumped this one up even more. Crazy!

-Shrub

That's criminal.

I hope that dealer sits on that thing for 400 days and has to give it away at 500 over dead cost. Their flooring cost after 90 days will be about $750 a month.

soon2b954 05-24-2005 4:49 PM

I would never pay that kind of money for a Ford, especially for a vehicle in it's first year of real production!!

literbike 05-24-2005 6:12 PM

I think some people are just missing the point here. You don't buy a $150k race car and expect it to be a reliable daily driver you can rack up 200,000 miles on. Im going to venture a guess that perhaps some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, etc.. have all had their oil leaks and recalls too. But thats okay because its expected.... :thumbd:

That being said, the control arm thing is a bit crazy. :eek:

phobiaphobe 05-24-2005 6:16 PM

I don't think it's unreasonable expect quality for your $150 grand. Yes some problems are to be expected but a letter from Ford instructing you to NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES would have me wanting my money back.

Cowboy1600 05-25-2005 3:38 AM

Quote:

BY WALLACE A. WYSS
ILLUSTRATION BY STEVE AUSTIN
June 2005
So Stone Cold's a crystal ball gazing, cartoonist now? :confused:

bubba 05-25-2005 7:50 AM

as to the tile - NO **** - it is a FORD

this is no surprise to me as i have been following the life of these cars since inception.

i have heard of prices going to 275 for teh car, but not 400. you got any pics of that?

Baketech 05-25-2005 7:59 AM

There must be some impressive resumes around here to be able to label the car a POS.... :nworthy:

:thumb:

soon2b954 05-25-2005 9:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baketech
There must be some impressive resumes around here to be able to label the car a POS.... :nworthy:

The nameplate Ford speaks for itself!! :P

Baketech 05-25-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soon2b954
The nameplate Ford speaks for itself!! :P

Sounds like you have something to say here... care to share your design portfolio... :deal: :hmm:

;)

BDA116 05-25-2005 10:17 AM

Remeber Bake, it HAS to suck, as it was designed by American engineers. And there are no engineers outside of the defense department that are any good at all.
However, all Japanese engineers are the best in the world, as evidenced by the way they engineered the welding standards for the Goldwing and GSXR1000, not to mention the engineering flaws on various Toyota vehicles.
Besides, it's Bush's fault.

bubba 05-25-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baketech

:thumb:

yep, sure got one

and BTW if something costs a lot it doesn't make it the creme de la creme.