Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

What do you guys think of Race-tech stuff?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  02FBlade 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of Race-tech stuff compared to LE, Traxxion, Ohlins, etc...

I'm thinking of getting my stock forks rebuilt. Thanks for the help.

Rick

#3 ·
RaceTech is a step above stock, but not near as good as what others can do.
If you're going to have someone rebuild them and install new springs, click the ad at the top of the screen for Kyle Racing Engines.
Dan's work has been experienced by many on this site, and is a good couple steps above the stock forks. Not quite Ohlins aftermarket forks, but less than a quarter the cost for near quality.

#4 ·
DK's fork job won't get you new valves but they'll be reworked/shimmed and polished (new springs too).  Cheaper than traxxion's fork job cause traxxion will want to replace everything.  I have DK's fork job w/ 1.0 springs.  Seem to work great.  I wonder if I missed any adjustments/performance by not replacing the valves. Haven't noticed so far.  If money isn't an issue I would go w/ traxxion (new valves). If it is, go w/ DK.  If you going to be doing hardcore racing get new valves if you have the cash.

You find alot of opions and discussion of Traxxion VS Dk if you search.  I have listen to Dan and Max..they have there own point of view on the valves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.