Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   What's wrong with it? (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/5473-what-wrong.html)

ER 09-29-2003 6:24 PM

Re: What's wrong with it?

I'm probably gonna sell the 929 here soon and pick up a used 600 or 750 for track-only duties. I've mostly been looking for rashed-up R6s. I did a quick search for 750s and found this:

Cycle Trader Ad

So what's wrong with it?

abtech 09-29-2003 7:15 PM

Nothing as long as the owner can provide a 'real' VIN and the bike actually exists (and doesn't belong to someone else . . .).

Tank69 09-29-2003 8:00 PM

Denny 09-29-2003 8:03 PM

Ask them when you can send someone over to look at it. I'll say they probably will tell you that the bike is in Europe, but they will ship it to you if you wire them the money, etc. That's the latest scam. If so, tell Cycle Trader so they can pull the ad.

nomad 09-29-2003 8:05 PM

Quote:

ER : So what's wrong with it?
It's a Suzuki.

WildBillF1 09-29-2003 9:50 PM

As my grandfather once said 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.' *I'll bet you grandfather told you the same thing. *Anyway I found another scam, er deal, in Cycletrader.
Cycle Bargain

Edit: grammar

PATBAROK 09-30-2003 2:01 AM

stick ur finger in the gas tank,if it tastes funny,then f$&k it dont buy it!!

Zeeman 09-30-2003 5:45 AM

Is the seller Nigerian?

Z...

Heavy-Dee 09-30-2003 6:52 AM

Call NY State Highway Patrol and have them run the VIN. They will tell you if it is stolen or not.

HD

ND4SPD 09-30-2003 7:48 AM

Quote:

nomad : Quote (ER @ Sep. 29 2003, 5:24pm)So what's wrong with it?
It's a Suzuki.
Exactly what I was gonna say.

ER 09-30-2003 10:43 AM

I thought about calling the guy just to see if I could call it as BS or not. It sounds too good to be true and an alarm went off as soon as I saw the ad.

Kookie 09-30-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

abtech : Nothing as long as the owner can provide a 'real' VIN and the bike actually exists (and doesn't belong to someone else . . .).
I had a similar 'deal' offered to me through a Seller on eBay (while bidding on another bike). The guy tells me the bike is in Italy, blah, blah, blah...send me the money and I will get it shipped to you. WHATEVER! I already removed the 'Im stupid' sign on my forehead from dealing with previous customer - not sure why he thought I was his gullible pawn to toy with.

Call him, confirm the VIN, and use your credit card for the purchase (fraud protection) if all looks kosher.

phozed 09-30-2003 12:41 PM

SVRiders link - BEWARE of cycletrader scams! (funny AND relevant)

ER 09-30-2003 6:26 PM

The phone number gives me a fax-signal. I emailed the turd-seller and contacted Cycle Trader.

ER 10-02-2003 3:43 PM

This is very discouraging. I've always liked Cycle Trader, but here's another scam. I called the number and it's bogus. I've emailed Cycle Trader about both articles.