Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Dvd Disk problems (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/off-topic/827-dvd-disk-problems.html)

stegen 05-25-2003 2:54 AM

Re: Dvd Disk problems

I have alot of DVDs and Over time, something happens to the disk, they get a million little dots on the read side of the disk. I havent exposed them to anything other than the norm, and its only a few of them. They have major problems with reading and arent scratched so it has to be these little dots. One thing i noticed is it seems to be more of the gold backed disks than the silver. The crap is in the plastic cuz it wont wash or scrub off. Anyone know what this is? any tips? thanks

showmethebombs 05-25-2003 11:41 AM

I would say its the player. heres why...I use a PS2 (play staton 2) to watch all mine..and i noticed that the disc's started to have a ring around the disc..well the mech of the player was hitting the discs...ruined like 2 discs. so, I took and had it replaced, and the replaced the discs. I bet the mech in your player is jumping around. either that or its getting HOT! let me know what comes of it! and just for fun..have you ever seen what a microwave does to a disc? WOW! just put it in for 5 sec. thats how the CIA destroys discs.

ND4SPD 05-25-2003 1:35 PM

Quote:

showmethebombs : I would say its the player. *heres why...I use a PS2 (play staton 2) to watch all mine..and i noticed that the disc's started to have a ring around the disc..well the mech of the player was hitting the discs...ruined like 2 discs. *so, I took and had it replaced, and the replaced the discs. *I bet the mech in your player is jumping around. *either that or its getting HOT! *let me know what comes of it! * and just for fun..have you ever seen what a microwave does to a disc? *WOW! *just put it in for 5 sec. *thats how the CIA destroys discs. *
It's the player!

stegen 05-25-2003 1:45 PM

I dont think its the player tho. Cuz i use my PS2 and my DVD rom. They arent scratched, they have dots on them. Let me see if a picture will turn out.

showmethebombs 05-25-2003 2:02 PM

it has to be a player...either that or your cleaning them with something bad...AKA 98 octaine! no but for real...how many disc's have this? all the ones you own? of just your fav's?

stegen 05-25-2003 2:39 PM

Scratches, yeah, that would be the player. I cant get any of the pics to turn out. One of the disks, loaded weapon one, has them and I have never had them in my PS2. They are just small little dots ALL OVER the bottom of the disk. I have watched Forrest Gump about 3 times and now it has them. I really dont know. I dont know if the disk is just bad or what.

figment 05-25-2003 4:15 PM

is this a burner and a player? What type of player?

stegen 05-25-2003 4:48 PM

Just a Dvd Rom, and my ps2. Not a burner. God, I wish the pics i toook turned out. It kinda looks like you sneezed on the disk but all over the read side. or like it has small pox. they arent bubbling up but you can feel them if you run your finger over them.

Bacchus 05-25-2003 5:10 PM

Your player has herpes

showmethebombs 05-25-2003 5:39 PM

sounds to me like heat...how clean is the player? *try to blow the dust out...um...hmmmm...still thinking...they are not water spots are they? from being cold and then heating up in the plater....still thinking

stegen 05-25-2003 9:00 PM

They arent water spots cuz they dont wash off. Could be heat but I am not sure.

ND4SPD 05-26-2003 2:13 AM

Whatever you do, don't use one of those lens cleaning things. They do more bad then good

stegen 05-26-2003 4:44 AM

Well thanks anyway guys. Was hoping some of ya maybe knew.

Zeeman 05-26-2003 6:16 AM

Stegen - your problem is that the film that contains the data is peeling away from the plastic disc. The main cause of this is heat - I had a friend who borrowed a few DVD's of mine and I always got them back and was unable to play them, yet they looked pristine - one day I was over and saw him place the DVD's on top of his amp (nice and hot) and realised that it was the film peeling away from the disc. After a bit of discussion with people int he know - they have cofirmed I wa son the right track - so keep your DVD's away form heat sources as much as possible.

Z...