Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Pricing advice for 00 929?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  KIDRR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

First time poster, and I'm considering purchasing an 00 929. I presently do most of my riding on a 98 VFR, and the test ride I took on the 'Blade earlier today was, ahem, eye-opening. -grins-

The bike in question has ~2200mi on it, crash bobbins and a Second Look tank bra are the only mods, aside from some pavement-induced ones that affect the right mid, right lower and the can. They're not the prettiest in the world, but not horrible. Tires are Bridgestone 010s that have seen better days, brake fluid's seen better days too.

Any input would be great. Thx!

MB

#4 ·
I would agree - $4500 may be unrealistic - but you never know - this is a good time to buy used. I would at least take the price of replacement plastic off whatever the seller's asking. These bikes went for $8k new. Check out the SJ Merc and see what they're asking and go from there.

#5 · (Edited)
Joel said:
I would agree - $4500 may be unrealistic - but you never know - this is a good time to buy used. I would at least take the price of replacement plastic off whatever the seller's asking. These bikes went for $8k new. Check out the SJ Merc and see what they're asking and go from there.
How sad...this is value on it:

2000 Honda CBR900RR CBR929RR
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
900cc

Suggested Retail Value $6500 MINT

(www.kbb.com)

Market value on these bikes has really been off blue book for a long time now... :(

#8 ·
nedro said:
That may not be realistic. Bikes are worth more in States that have riding seasons longer than a Hollywood mini series. Plus, this is the Bay Area. Nothing is fairly priced.

Rough trade on an `00 929 is about $5100-5300. On a bike that has very obviously been down, I'd offer about $4500 depending on the amount of damage. These are NADA trade in prices.

Of course it always comes down to what you are willing to pay and how badly you want it. :hmm:

#9 ·
Thx for all the datapoints, guys.

I made the seller what I believe to be a reasonable offer based on the bike's condition and what it'd go for if it was in pristine shape (from the looks of it around here, about $6500) . If not this one, there's plenty of others out there.

MB

#10 ·
limbo said:
Thx for all the datapoints, guys.

I made the seller what I believe to be a reasonable offer based on the bike's condition and what it'd go for if it was in pristine shape (from the looks of it around here, about $6500) . If not this one, there's plenty of others out there.

MB
I dunno what you offered, but as a data point -- last week, I bought an 01 with ohlins, lindemann forks, a jardine slip on and rearsets (plus a *little* left side damage) in santa cruz for $5400. I think I got a pretty deal, but based on that wouldn't pay any more than $4500 in the bay area. Forget the riding season -- everyone wants to sell, noone wants to buy, there are tons of bikes on BARF and Craig's List, and none of them are selling -- be patient and get yourself a good deal. Good luck!

#11 ·
redcliffs said:
Forget the riding season -- everyone wants to sell, noone wants to buy, there are tons of bikes on BARF and Craig's List, and none of them are selling -- be patient and get yourself a good deal. Good luck!
Patience is indeed a virtue, and I've still yet to hear back from the seller. One thing I've considered is that the locally available 929s are nowhere close to stock condition (where I'd want the bike) or with lower mileage (also where I want the bike, I've got a VFR with almost 41k on it), whereas the 954s I've seen through the venues you've mentioned are much closer to stock and with lower mileage. They would require a bit of a budget extension to purchase, though. -shrugs-

I'm quite happy to bide my time until something comes up. No biggie!

Thx for the input!

MB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.