Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   Cylinder 3 Issue (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/93116-cylinder-3-issue.html)

joescbr900 05-18-2011 2:52 AM

Cylinder 3 Issue

Okay guys new the whole bike repair work always been into cars but just bought mt first bike!! Well i have an issue a misfire so i pulled all the plugs cyl #3 was the only one fouled so i replaced them all tested the coil and changed my wires and still no luck The plug was soaked in gas and she does smell like shes running really rich and u can feel the misfire up to 4k then it feels like it smooths out gonna do a comp test tomorrow but i was wondering what to look at next. Was thing of cleaning my carbs since it ran fine before but if i pull them off and aprt willi have too sync them??
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys

bladeracer 05-18-2011 10:44 AM

Re: Cylinder 3 Issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by joescbr900 (Post 1008401)
Okay guys new the whole bike repair work always been into cars but just bought mt first bike!! Well i have an issue a misfire so i pulled all the plugs cyl #3 was the only one fouled so i replaced them all tested the coil and changed my wires and still no luck The plug was soaked in gas and she does smell like shes running really rich and u can feel the misfire up to 4k then it feels like it smooths out gonna do a comp test tomorrow but i was wondering what to look at next. Was thing of cleaning my carbs since it ran fine before but if i pull them off and aprt willi have too sync them??
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys

The diaphram in the fuel tap has failed.

joescbr900 05-18-2011 5:00 PM

The couple local dealers don't have it and neither did bike bandit do u have any other suggestions

bladeracer 05-18-2011 9:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joescbr900 (Post 1008574)
The couple local dealers don't have it and neither did bike bandit do u have any other suggestions

Ask a dealer to order it in perhaps?
You should also be able to get an aftermarket petcock rebuild kit.

I would also suggest you actually check it be sure that's the problem before you order anything.

joescbr900 05-19-2011 10:13 AM

Well checked the diaphragm today and it checked good... pulled the float cover and everything was crystal clean so gonna do a comp test next