Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/)
-   Honda FireBlade (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/)
-   -   removing ignition model from top yoke (https://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/94345-removing-ignition-model-top-yoke.html)

Lambchops 07-11-2011 7:01 AM

removing ignition model from top yoke

OK so thought I would take the top yoke off as I wanted to powdercoat it satan black but I cannot see how you remove the ignition module from the yoke.. where it bolts on the bolts are just rounded like an anti tamper bolt and I have no clue how to remove them... Does anyone know?

Its a 98 RRW

Thanks in advance

bladeracer 07-11-2011 7:15 AM

Re: removing ignition model from top yoke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambchops (Post 1020899)
OK so thought I would take the top yoke off as I wanted to powdercoat it satan black but I cannot see how you remove the ignition module from the yoke.. where it bolts on the bolts are just rounded like an anti tamper bolt and I have no clue how to remove them... Does anyone know?

Its a 98 RRW

Thanks in advance

Drift them loose with a centre punch.

Lambchops 07-11-2011 7:18 AM

not a bad idea BR guess I can just replace with a standard bolt. Will give that a try cheers

bladeracer 07-11-2011 7:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambchops (Post 1020901)
not a bad idea BR guess I can just replace with a standard bolt. Will give that a try cheers

I don't know any other way to get them out.
I assume you have already removed the top clamp from the bike?

Lambchops 07-11-2011 7:47 AM

Its not removed ive turned it upside down and put it back on the yoke spindle but they are not budging so am giving up for now :(

bladeracer 07-11-2011 7:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambchops (Post 1020905)
Its not removed ive turned it upside down and put it back on the yoke spindle but they are not budging so am giving up for now :(

I have done it in-situ but it's a whole lot easier in a vice.

Lambchops 07-11-2011 8:00 AM

yeah think I need to do that tbh, get it off the bike. I was just going to do it this morning as had a few hours free so thought would give it a go but didnt turn out to be as simple as I was hoping as these things always do. :( Will tackle it again over the winter when I have more time to strip the bike.

Thanks for the help BR