My 09 Repsol - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Review My Ride Show us your motorcycle! Rate & review owners motorcycles, photos, opinions & feedback section.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 08-15-2009, 1:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

My 09 Repsol

Just figured that sinceI've gotten my bike I havent posted much here, so I should show why I'm not here much

So far i only have a few mods...

R&G Aero Frame Sliders
R&G Swingarm Spools
Puig Light Smoke DB Screen (with Honda Repsol Sticker)
ASV F3 Shorty Brake and Clutch levers in gold
Bikelitez FE with custom tag bracket

Soon I'll have my Taylormade Exhaust, Rizoma Rearsets, and Bazzaz TC Unit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 08-15-2009, 3:15 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: My 09 Repsol

That is very, very pretty.
post #3 of 40 Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 AM

I'm super jealous. Nice bike indeed.
What about a repsol hugger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

Good looking bike. But why are you going with a bazzaz if I may ask?
post #5 of 40 Old 08-16-2009, 3:18 PM

Reputation Power: 166

The Repsol colours are very nice....
post #6 of 40 Old 08-16-2009, 4:03 PM

Reputation Power: 12

sexy a$$ bike wish i could geta repsol keep her looking that way
post #7 of 40 Old 08-17-2009, 5:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoJames View Post
Good looking bike. But why are you going with a bazzaz if I may ask?
Well at first i wanted to play around with traction control, and i havent heard of any other options to get this. Right now though I got an offer i couldnt refuse and looks like im gonna try out a different fueling solution and can. Perhaps in the future i might get the bazzaz but at the moment its on hold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum View Post
I'm super jealous. Nice bike indeed.
What about a repsol hugger?
Its on my list of things i want for my bike, but the Energy Seat is a bit higher on that list...got done with a 4 hour ride yesterday in the twisties and I gotta say my ass is sore (no homo ). Some other cosmetic stuff I want is some red brake lines, HID's, a gold chain, and honda's blue radiator hose kit.
post #8 of 40 Old 08-19-2009, 5:06 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Nice moto Gerd, just one thing...you need more stickers Didn't anyone tell you they go FASTER if you have more stickers

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #9 of 40 Old 08-20-2009, 2:54 AM Thread Starter

I like stickers but only in moderation, some bikes just look tacky with lots of stickers, while others pull it off. More often than not I like the sticker work done on MotoGP factory bikes than any other race bikes.

As a matter of fact I'm gonna be getting rid of the stock lower fairing for a nice CF race lower, that encloses everything...I'm gonna make a cutout for my new exhaust and my kickstand. I'm also gonna paint it to match the midnight blue of the repsol, but on the flat bottom I'm gonna mask HONDA letters so they will show the carbon twill weave. I may also leave a bit of the carbon showing on the sides, but tastefully. Then, I got a guy making me vinyl stickers of the manufacturers of the parts i "actually" have on the bike. Ive always feel like a poser when I look at my Dunlop tires while I have michelin stickers on my bike (although I'm going to be running Michelin Power Ones soon ).

I managed to also get lucky with my exhaust and fueling situation, I was perusing another CBR1000RR forum where Jardine was looking for a donor bike to finish prototyping their new Protune 3 with TRC fuel controller. TRC as I understand it, equates to getting back the lost HP above 10,500 rpm, but it goes about it a different way than say the Z-Bomb. So I got in contact with them and I'm supposed bring my bike up to Ramona on Friday for them to fit the RT5 CF Slipon and finish work on their Protune 3.

I'm hoping to get some before and after dyno charts too since they are gonna have my bike on the dyno while they tweak their new system.

Needless to say I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out
post #10 of 40 Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Weird...where did my pics go...am I not allowed to post the pics so they just show up in the thread or can I only put them in link form?

I'm gonna put them back up for now, until I figure out why they got removed.
post #11 of 40 Old 09-06-2009, 2:36 AM

Reputation Power: 12

thats sick!!
post #12 of 40 Old 09-06-2009, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerd View Post
I like stickers but only in moderation, some bikes just look tacky with lots of stickers, while others pull it off. More often than not I like the sticker work done on MotoGP factory bikes than any other race bikes.

As a matter of fact I'm gonna be getting rid of the stock lower fairing for a nice CF race lower, that encloses everything...I'm gonna make a cutout for my new exhaust and my kickstand. I'm also gonna paint it to match the midnight blue of the repsol, but on the flat bottom I'm gonna mask HONDA letters so they will show the carbon twill weave. I may also leave a bit of the carbon showing on the sides, but tastefully. Then, I got a guy making me vinyl stickers of the manufacturers of the parts i "actually" have on the bike. Ive always feel like a poser when I look at my Dunlop tires while I have michelin stickers on my bike (although I'm going to be running Michelin Power Ones soon ).

I managed to also get lucky with my exhaust and fueling situation, I was perusing another CBR1000RR forum where Jardine was looking for a donor bike to finish prototyping their new Protune 3 with TRC fuel controller. TRC as I understand it, equates to getting back the lost HP above 10,500 rpm, but it goes about it a different way than say the Z-Bomb. So I got in contact with them and I'm supposed bring my bike up to Ramona on Friday for them to fit the RT5 CF Slipon and finish work on their Protune 3.

I'm hoping to get some before and after dyno charts too since they are gonna have my bike on the dyno while they tweak their new system.

Needless to say I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out
How'd it go in Ramona

Jazzy's Blog
post #13 of 40 Old 09-09-2009, 1:34 AM Thread Starter

Ok so it wasnt Ramona...it was Corona, simple slip of the mind. Anyways got it back and its pretty much amazing. Heres a couple pics:

The dyno graph is on a Superflow dyno, so I need to take it to a DynoJet dyno shop to get a comparable chart, and also to alleviate fears that my bike is gimp compared to other CBR1000RR's.

As far as how it feels...well its almost a completely different bike, the acceleration is amazing, I have a feeling part of it has to do with how loud this can is. It runs up to redline a bit fatser than before, to the point where I've hit the rev limiter a few times on accident because i wasnt used to how beefy the top end is above 10,500...

The exhaust note is intoxicating, its got a low pitch to it, almost doesnt sound like an I4 at idle, and then at WOT and high RPM's it pretty much screams, it scares little kids, the elderly, small animals, and pretty much anyone within earshot when i crack it open.

The Protune3 is pretty nice, for a simple effective tool to gain the top end back, and control fueling. It also has an accelerator pump feature that seems to help acceleration as advertised, but it does occasionally cause backfires when you open the throttle quick and then chop it closed, but other than that its pretty amazing.

I'm still learning the system, but its pretty simple and straight forward.
post #14 of 40 Old 09-10-2009, 5:12 PM

She looks wicked !!!!! And by the seems of it is going like a rocket
Any chance you could get a vid of the sound from that can on to YouTube possibly and then link form here Now that would be a treat

Jazzy's Blog
post #15 of 40 Old 09-11-2009, 1:31 AM Thread Starter

Actually I'm waiting for Jardine to email me the vids they took of the dyno runs. As far as me making a vid...well my camera has shite sound quality, but I'll try to get one made up, I just hate doing soud clips from revving it in neutral, it has a completely different sound when its under load.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Review My Ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page