Custom helmet ideas - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 09-21-2012, 7:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 55

Custom helmet ideas

My bike:

My helmet I'm redoing:

My ideas:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1139786...eat=directlink

basically, I dropped my helmet a couple feet and busted the vent on top, but I love the helmet, so I took it apart, fixed the vent and am now going to get it painted. I want to do something with a reaper (design of my back tattoo) in black and red (bike colors) to keep it matching but unique at the same time. Let me know what you guys think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 09-22-2012, 3:08 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Custom helmet ideas

Icon makes a helmet with a reaper design on it. I think it's black and grey though. I like the idea though.
post #3 of 25 Old 09-22-2012, 8:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_C View Post
Icon makes a helmet with a reaper design on it. I think it's black and grey though. I like the idea though.
yup. I was looking at that one when I decided on the Alliance Torrent for my 2nd helmet instead. I believe it was the Harbinger. I want to salvage the Domain 2, as I really like all the extra vents and it is very comfortable. A friend of mine knows an airbrusher and said it would run me roughly $200 to get it done however I want. Considering the helmet was 3-something, I might as well get it re-done completely custom instead of just chucking it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 09-22-2012, 9:36 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

I don't know if any of these help, might give you an idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

post #5 of 25 Old 09-23-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

thanks man, that top one is my style. All of the work is great though
post #6 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 1:18 AM

do you have any painting skills yourself? iv done some small custom paint jobs and its not too hard. (ps: the paint job was on a BICYCLE HELMET so im not sure how it compares)

but anyway, i think cool paint is old, rig your helmet up with red lights or something to match your bike like that

OH i got it, get the grim painted on there like you want, but have the scythe made out of hard rubber and stick out the top like these helmet spikes do

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Dirtbike-Snowmobile-Warhawk-Included/dp/B001M1A0XI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353305856&sr=8-1&keywords=helmet+spikes

if you cant get an image of what i mean ill draw something up and post it
post #7 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 5:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetommy1903 View Post
do you have any painting skills yourself? iv done some small custom paint jobs and its not too hard. (ps: the paint job was on a BICYCLE HELMET so im not sure how it compares)

but anyway, i think cool paint is old, rig your helmet up with red lights or something to match your bike like that

OH i got it, get the grim painted on there like you want, but have the scythe made out of hard rubber and stick out the top like these helmet spikes do

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Dirtbike Snowmobile Atv Saw Blade Helmet Warhawk Helmets Mohawk Helmet Not Included: Everything Else

if you cant get an image of what i mean ill draw something up and post it
It's just more of the fact that I have to re-paint it anyways, so I'm trying to come up with how I want it. I can't airbrush for ****, but a few friends of mine are very good at it (they do custom cars for a living) and I'm just planning on having one of em do it for me when I decide on a design I really like. Thats a clever idea too, but I don't know how I'd make a scythe one, as those are done with molds
post #8 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 1:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

you can always do what they actually do to the fairings... Paint it one color and then put vynil over it to make it match and then clear coat it. Air brushing is cool but i get annoyed with the designs after a while and want to do it over and thats just money

what i did was deleted all the extraness and painted both my bike and my helmet the same color. Cadillac pearl white (the 954 up front)

post #9 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknick1015 View Post

what i did was deleted all the extraness and painted both my bike and my helmet the same color. Cadillac pearl white (the 954 up front)

hey you can draw on most white paint with dry erase marker, then you can have something different every day!
post #10 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
you can always do what they actually do to the fairings... Paint it one color and then put vynil over it to make it match and then clear coat it. Air brushing is cool but i get annoyed with the designs after a while and want to do it over and thats just money

yeah, I've seen yours before I think (or one very similar). White being my favorite color, I definitely love it. I had really considered going that route before, but I really like the red/black stock look. Most of my gear is red or black, a bunch of parts and accessories on the bike as well
post #11 of 25 Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:

Lets fill this page with your bike! It's worthy enough i think.

Aren't you the guy who had your bike break down, maybe at your gf's house, had an electrical issue. about a month ago. I remember a little vid of trying to start the bike?
Anyway, hope you got that sorted. Your bike looks great. Like Brandon said, I feel like I've seen that bike before. Someone here painted a 954 just like that. White's a clean color for some of the blades.
post #12 of 25 Old 11-20-2012, 6:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Lets fill this page with your bike! It's worthy enough i think.

Aren't you the guy who had your bike break down, maybe at your gf's house, had an electrical issue. about a month ago. I remember a little vid of trying to start the bike?
Anyway, hope you got that sorted. Your bike looks great. Like Brandon said, I feel like I've seen that bike before. Someone here painted a 954 just like that. White's a clean color for some of the blades.
nope, I'm wrong. I remember now. I was close though. He went with a Cadillac Pearl, the one I was thinking was Lexus Pearl

(and the only reason I say "close" is because I currently drive a Cadillac and my last car was a Lexus. Not that they're similar cars lol)
post #13 of 25 Old 11-20-2012, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
yeah, I've seen yours before I think (or one very similar). White being my favorite color, I definitely love it. I had really considered going that route before, but I really like the red/black stock look. Most of my gear is red or black, a bunch of parts and accessories on the bike as well
I just came across this lid in my folder of favorite helmet graphics. What do you think?

post #14 of 25 Old 11-20-2012, 5:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I just came across this lid in my folder of favorite helmet graphics. What do you think?

I freaking love it. But I'm not shopping for a helmet, just redoing the one I ruined the finish on. Couldn't afford a new helmet anyways right now hopefully all the time and money I'm sacrificing will pay off soon though and I actually will be able to start shopping again
post #15 of 25 Old 11-20-2012, 9:02 PM

I didn't mean to buy. I meant as an idea for your own graphics. You want to re-paint right?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page