Airoh Dragon FX Visor Fail :-( - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-29-2013, 6:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Airoh Dragon FX Visor Fail :-(

At Easter I purchased my third Airoh helmet - A Dragon FX Carbon Kevlar. I already own an Airoh S4 and an Airoh Force Way and didn't need another helmet but it was so light and fitted so well (just like the other 2) so I bought it.
Wednesday evening was the third time I had worn it and it really is quiet, light, doesn't mist up and fits the shape of my head just right!

But...after twenty minutes of riding I noticed what I thought was a crack apearing in the left hand corner of the visor working it's way up across the visor. I pulled over to check and discovered it was infact a crappy anti fog film that it's coated with that had decided to peel off. It came off in sheets like peeling sunburn off, but left a nasty stick goo all over the inside of the visor and all over my fingers. We set off again but every time I breathed out the visor misted up - even with the vents open. I found I had to ride with the visor open a crack but that blased my eyes with cold evening air, So I gave up and rode home.
I have since used Wurth Helmet and visor cleaner to remove the goo and treated it with FogTech antifog and I can report.....It's useless Every breath fogs the visor, even at speed with the vents open or closed it still fogs - Totally hopeless.
Now, before any one says it's my fault that the anti fog film came off - It was only the third time that I have worn it and I have never had to clean it. It's always stored in the top of a wardrobe, in it's cloth bag inside it's original box.
I decided to Email Airoh and ask them if anything could be done about it, and indeed if this was a regular fault with there visors and if there should be a warning on there helmets that the film could come off and impare a motorcycles view of the road? The reply came quickly and read:-
"We are pleased to hearing from you but and we regret the trouble you have, please contact your nation distrtibutor"
I replied asking for the details - I'm yet to have a reply.

So beware of Visors with film anti fog fitted that randomly peels off and renders your helmet useless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page