Frozie's Review of the Sena SMH10R - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-31-2013, 4:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Frozie's Review of the Sena SMH10R

Quick Review I did. I have some others to do. Gotta work on lighting. just pointing out some quick points.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2014, 9:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Frozie's Review of the Sena SMH10R

btw thisd headset still rocks!
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 AM

Reputation Power: 26

I am debating on whether to go with the 10R or the 10. Its such a difficult decision. The 10R is smaller but has a separate battery, and headphone jack adapter is not very practical. The 10 has the jog dial, bigger battery, headphone jack, but is fairly large. I dont know... Definitely going with Sena though, good products.

If you have your smartphone hooked up does it retain functions of the phone's voice commands or does it implement its own? My phone has "Google Now" and I can say "ok google now" and tell it to do whatever I want (texting, searching, directions, music, etc....) without buttons on other blutooth devices and without blutooth, I would like to retain that..... (I think it does but am unsure)

Bigger question.... So if you are getting gps directions from your phone and someone you are riding with wants to talk (intercom), will it let me talk while still getting directions? I read the process priority and it is unclear if things get cut off or if both can function simultaneously such as gps cutting out intercom for directions..

Thanks! I saw your review a while ago and rewatched the other day, along with all the others on the internet...

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-23-2014, 9:47 PM Thread Starter

So i ahve an iphone. I hold down the main button for 3 beeps. siri comes on. and it will do whatever i say via siri-call people, play album, find directions. It acts like the iphones home button.

Im unsure on intercom im getting another one soon to test that with a passenger. I'm going to assume it will prioritize whatever is happening first. So if you hold down for intercom it will go into that mode. If i was listening to music and then the interocom started i would assume it would mute the player so i could hear the talking.

I dont use the headphone jack thing and the setup on the r is super simple. I dont mind the batter pack on the back. I never notice it. Nor will it over affect me really. Battery life for me is great as i rarely go more than an hour.
it did last 3 hours though on a ride from the city to cuse.

So i'm def a fan of the r. i didn't like the look of the big 10nor did i need its functions.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-24-2014, 9:15 AM

Reputation Power: 26

Awesome. That makes me feel better about it...

Thanks for the reply!

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page