Looking for a Helmet!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-20-2014, 4:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Looking for a Helmet!!!!

So hey guys wassup iv been looking around for a helmet i kinda found a helmet i want i was wondering if you guys think its a good helmet and if i should consider looking into another helmet?

IS-17 Helmet

let me know what you guys think please need some feedback asap!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-20-2014, 5:12 PM

Reputation Power: 26

Re: Looking for a Helmet!!!!

You will want to try it on and play with it. Trust me. The fitment is the most important factor (other than safety) because it will be on your noggin for long periods of time. There are tons of websites that guide you to knowing how to tell if it is properly sized. It should feel pretty darn tight and make your cheeks puff like a chipmunk a bit. Shake your head and you should get very very little movement. Etc. etc...
I mean it looks fairly nice, just like anything else around that price range. There are also tons of reviews on different forums or review sites that will tell you if it is really loud or quiet or falls apart, or fogs really bad etc etc..

Just make sure you try it on for a bit to see if you get pressure points or anything like that.

I really liked my Scorpion. It was fairly inexpensive and was comfortable (for me). I had an HJC and didnt care for it because it didnt fit me well... My Shark is nice but fairly pricy and doesnt fit me like an Arai does...

Conclusion: It depends on you, your noggin, and general reviews to see if parts of the helmet are faulty.

Good luck/ have fun shopping!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2014, 5:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

I've never tried one, but I just watched 2 reviews for it on youtube. I like the inner sunshield. When you try it on, see how good your peripheral vision is. That's big for me, when you need to do those shoulder checks in traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 2:55 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Make sure any reviews are not by the manufacturer, sales reps or retail outlets.
I'll never buy another helmet unless independently reviewed or recommended by other bikers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page