Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Big back protector??

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  NinerPilot 
#1 · (Edited)
Im looking to get a hard back protector and looking for one that will accomidate my large self. Im 6'4, 300lbs with a 48 inch waist. Any of you other big guys know of one? Im looking at the Kobe, Alpinestars, and Dainese.
Chris

#2 ·
I wear a Dianese 7 plate protector. It provides good coverage I think. The bigger ones that I found were not made with hard plastic. I would not give 2 cents for just the padded ones. I prefer to hard plastic ones. Saw friend slip across pavement and hit a guardrail post square in the back. Broke the vanson plastic protector in half but he walked away. Not so well for the bike that hit the guard rail next to him. Anyways, just my 2 cents

#3 ·
NinerPilot said:
Im looking to get a hard back protector and looking for one that will accomidate my large self. Any of you other big guys know of one? Im looking at the Kobe, Alpinestars, and Dainese.
Chris
I have the Spidi Airback. It's what I would call long. I'm 6'1" and I sometimes consider it too long. Still I'm very happy with the fit, form and function of it.

#5 · (Edited)
NinerPilot said:
Will it fit a big guy?
Chris
Guess that depends on what you call fat. If you ask my wife she'll tell you I'm fat....the witch. But I digress.

The belt that comes with it should accomodate a largish waistline and does a nice job of keeping it from riding up. My waist is a "36" and I have a lot of play in the velcro belt left, probably 10". If I was working in the office I'd send it your way for a fit but I won't be there for a while.

~Just re-read your post...what are reffering to when you say "big"?~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.