Shoei vs Arai - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-02-2014, 8:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Shoei vs Arai

I'm in the market for a new helmet. I'd been eying the black matte Shoei Qwest helmets pretty heavily, but when I went to a dealer I found an Arai RX-Q "Diamond Black" (glossy black) for $300. Tried them both on and both fit good. The Shoei was the snuggiest fitting most comfortable helmet I've possibly ever tried on, but the Arai fit almost equally as well. It wasn't quite as snug, but wasn't very far off. With the Arai's mark down they'll probably cost just about the same, but the Arai is also another +$240 off of retail.

Does anyone have experience with these? It's hard to find decent reviews that aren't biased one way or another, but both are rated very highly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-02-2014, 8:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: Shoei vs Arai

Personal preference, don't think you could go wrong with either one.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #3 of 8 Old 05-02-2014, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

agreed ^ I think technically arai is "the best". but some people (like myself) just don't fit into arai helmets, so I got the next best...or equally best helmet (shoei) lol. And yes, Shoei's are uncannily comfortable, and the air-gt's have a sweet integrated flip-down tinted visor. But since you fit in both, it really is personal preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-03-2014, 1:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

Keep in mind that the internals will compress a little with time. My Shoei was a bit extra-snug when I picked it out but within a month of wearing it (actually only about 10 rides with it on) it started to loosen up just right.

Don't let prices fool you into believing that it is a "better" helmet. Great deals are nice, but if one fit better or gave you the warm fuzzies, I'd go with that one.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #5 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 5:09 AM

I'm a fan of Shoei and for me they are the best. I tried some Arai's but didn't like the fit. So it is just a matter of personal preference. Choose the one that is more comfortable on your head.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 8:05 PM

Reputation Power: 290

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Its strange to find someone that both of those makes fits but go with the one you like the best as they are equally good lids.
Ascetically I prefer the Shoei

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #7 of 8 Old 05-15-2014, 8:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Shoei's are fine helmets, I used a rf1000 for a couple years, but then I stepped up to a Arai and found the fit of the Corsair to be the absolute most comfy for my head. Wouldn't go back to Shoei now.

EDIT: With Aria, the Vector-2 and the Corsiar V are for normally oval heads, the Rx-Q and Signet-2 are for more narrow heads. As I recall from trying them all on...

Last edited by jondog9; 05-15-2014 at 8:22 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-21-2014, 1:40 AM

i prefer shoei it fits more comfy for me i tried arai before it gave me a headache just wearing it for 10mins lol i dont know but both are good Helmet makers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page