954 Rack Project - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Riding Gear / Luggage Discussion of Helmets, Boots, Gloves, Leathers, Jackets, Pants, Back Protectors, Earplugs, Tank Bags, Tail Bags, Saddlebags, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2014, 5:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 Rack Project

Hello to all. New to the forum. Have had my 954 for 3 years and love it as i'm sure all here who own do. I recently made a carry rack (aluminum) for mine and wanted to let riders out there know what is possible. I wanted the rack to look like it was made for the bike (follow the lines etc) so this, and of course it's functionality were the top priorities. Of course there are a few drawbacks such as no passengers and no access to cubby under the seat. Not an issue for me but others may not like. Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there for others who are looking for ideas.

Cheers to all
Attached Thumbnails
WP_000388.jpg‎   WP_000389.jpg‎   WP_000390.jpg‎   WP_000391.jpg‎  

WP_000392.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-13-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: 954 Rack Project

that looks pretty nice. good fabrication work for sure. you know im not saying there is a thing wrong with it but with the skills you used to put that together like you did i think you could build in a way to get into the tail and still keep the integrity of the rack. that would be really trick n like i said you obviously have skills. maybe like a hing system on the end closest to the riders seat n some kind of simple latch on the tail end?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hi 954kevin

Thanks for your kind words and yes I would like to do exactly what you are suggesting. I wanted to on my first attempt posted here but didn't have the extra time to put into the project and I wanted to start riding and not have to "back pack" anymore. I am going to revisit this when I have more time to see if I can improve the design and allow for access to the under pillion area. I'll post that here when it happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

right on. like i said youve obviously got skill. im sure you could do it and keep those same lines which really follow the bike's really well... you could probably make n sell them for real

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Riding Gear / Luggage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page